Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
taking off airplane

Hi,

last night's dream took me to the US again. I was in DC and this time, my mother was with me. It was the end of our journey there, so we got into the plane and took our seats. I was thinking that because of the time change, we were supposed to sleep until the arrival...

thanks for the input,

elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: taking off airplane

Elona,

I don't know if the US translates in this way into your language, but "UNITED" as in a union, "STATES" states as in a state of being, could be why you are in the US in the dream. Being at the capitol of the US could mean that you have taken self control and united many states within you and are now comfortably going back home. You are have achieved a great milestone and successfully taken control of yourself to a greater degree, and have achieved a great nmeasure of internal peace and self control.

You have learned to quiet the mind and achieve inner peace. The self doubt you may have had before is not as effective against you because you have taken control of yourself.

Leaving the capitol may mean that you are going to leave this and not pay as much attention to this new found power you have, or you may feel confident enough to relax and go back and deal with some deeper issues having to do with the very core of your life and being; we always have these issues. It is quite normal.
Then again, you could feel that you are better prepared and are can now go home. to a place good to you. A place where you can relax and be yyourself and not fear self doubt and woryy cropping up.
This could be a very positive dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your thoughtful and inspiring interpretation.
It’s interesting the assumption you make about how US translates. United is about the same in my language, meaning union, while “states” is really about the State/Government (we have another word for “states of being”).
I have been in DC twice and both times I felt rejuvenated and energized by the visit. I came back home with a feeling of higher self-respect and have not understood the reasons why.
Most of what you say in your interpretation applies to how I currently feel. I think DC really symbolizes my subconscious state of relaxation, inner power and energy. I don’t know where my destination is but I trust myself more.

Best wishes,
Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

DC is the part of your subconscious that is allowing you to cope with the impermannet urges you may have that break against your confidence and your ability to feel good, in control, and your self love.

The buddhist have an interesting theory about emptying the mind. Emptying the mind is not really having nothing in the mind. It is the ability to not allow those flashes of negative thoughts that previously unbalanced one to continue to unbalance you. They don't disappear, but they become less of an influence on you, because you have a stable, calm, peace of mind in control.
that is DC in your dream. It is the pinnacle within your mind, that has become the dominant aspect that i coalescing those impermanent states and making them an aspect of you that is controlled by your inner peace. Thay are still part of you, but they are not the true you. The true you is the person that has the self love and confidence within, and also inner peace.
A house divided is a house that is lost.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

This interpretation really fits and I hope that I will be able to hold on the “empty” mind and the inner peace and not be distracted by the meaningless things of life. Thank you Carlos.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Albania

stats from 7-14-10 to the present