Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wedding dream (any interpretations please)

During the last two nights, I have had two similar dreams. They both involve me preparing for my wedding but not being ready.

In the 1st one (the night before last), it was my wedding day. I was really late getting ready and I was panicking and rushing to get everything done, like my hair and make-up etc and I had no stylist so was doing it all myself.

In the 2nd one, which I had last night, it was the evening before my wedding. (The wedding plans had all been done by my family and my fiances family so the location was to be a surprise for me). It was about 6ish in the evening (when all the shops were shut etc) and I suddenly realised we'd forgotten all about getting me a wedding dress. So again I wasn't ready and I was panicking. We then had to try and find a wedding dress shop somewhere near where I was getting married (as we were staying there over night) so that we could quickly go to get a dress in the morning.

I dont actually see who I'm going to marry in either of the dreams, but I have a feeling its my current boyfriend who I have been with for 2 and a half years.

I'd really appreciate any insights, interpretations or reasons for these dreams. Thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Bristol (UK)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Wedding dream (any interpretations please)

Sarah,
The first observation that comes to my mind are you actually thinking seriously about marriage? Is it something that you have been preoccupied with for a period of time? If so then the fears and panic would be a natural result of such thinking. Getting married is a big change in life. With change there is always anxiety. Trying to decide what and where needs to be done is reflecting those natural anxieties.

On the other hand the dream may not be focusing on your wedding day as much as it is on some other aspect in your life. Is there some other thing in your life that you may be 'about to marry'? Both dreams seem to be focusing on how you look, the make-up, the hair and most importantly the wedding dress. These could be items having to do with persona. The dream may be addressing anxieties about appearance and how you want others to perceive who you are. The wedding dress may represent that outer self that yearns to accept the inner self, a marriage of inner and outer self.

Answer the first part first. If it lacks clarity as how it fits in your life {if there are no real intentions at this time for marriage} then look to other aspects in your life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I agree with gerard.
You are anxious about the image you project to yourself as well as others. Regardless of whether you are going to marry soon or not, that seems to be a theme in your wedding dreams.
Another theme that seems apparent is that it is getting late to do something; probably to prepare for a new way to live.
You may feel that you need to change something about the way you present yourself, yet at the same time tyou feel that you it is getting late to change this.
Not seeing who you are to marry may indicate that something is mysterious about this new life you are going to embark upon. You don't know what the world has in store for you and you don' know if you are ready, be it the nmarried life or something else.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

well dreams use symbols to compare one thing with another. A wedding is a special personal day which involves great commitment. Think of some other theme in your life AT THE TIME OF THE DREAM that involved getting ready and that same sense of commitment and devotion

------------------------
Dream dictionary

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 scarborough

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present