Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
driving

Last night I had a crazy dream where I was driving down this deserted road with this little white car. The road was very winding...had lots of curves and then it ended at a dead end.
When I saw this in the dream I was very puzzled so I started to go back the other way and see what was going on?
Again, there were no cars on the road but mine. I stopped at a small convenience store..went in..and there was no one there?
Now I was really nervous and started feeling very
sick to my stomach.
I left the store and went down the road to another store..the same thing happened..nothing and no one was there..all this was just like one big "ghost town"
I went to go back in my car and it was not there..disappeared..I started to scream in the dream and this is when I woke up this morning...what a terrible nightmare I had...can someone tell me what all this means????????

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: driving

Connie,
Does your life at times feel like a 'dead end', or the direction your life is taking feel like a dead end? The dream seems to be pointing to feelings of having to go-it-alone, your life being a ghost town because you feel alone in your path. At times you may even feel you are 'not' part of the living, life has abandoned you. You may feel lost.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Gerard for the interpretation. You may be right in saying this because lately people I know
have been not helpful at all.
I always run for everyone..but I get ignored.
Oh well..there is always tomorrow..right?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Connie,
Your dream may be advising you to give more time for yourself. Being the only car on the road may suggest a need to focus on your needs, and less on others. Especially if your services and/or advice is ignored.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Gerard...Your right!!! I always worry about everyone..my five kids..my neighbors, my relatives..running here and there and don't pay
much attention to myself..but can I change?
I have always been this way...I try to stop
arguments between my kids..and neighbors..
trying to make peace for everyone and then
I end up with the short end of the stick?

Connie,
There are probably many variables that will determine whether you can change. One is what 'parts' do you need to change? 'Giving is golden', a virtue, and there may be certain aspects of your life where you want to, and need to give of yourself.

Another is the ability to change. Once you learn to understand what needs changing, the discipline to do so has to be there. Often that is where most fall short. You know you tend to give too much of yourself but can't, or are not willing, to make those changes needed. Defining those aspects often require a search of the deeper self, which leads to my next suggestion.

What negative aspects of giving too much of yourself are from learned behavior, the result of childhood experiences, or other life experiences? It may be as much an unconscious behavior as conscious. Are there underlying factors, negative learned experiences in your personal evolution {growing up} that lend themselves to why you are the way you are, act as you do? You have to examine the root causes to determine if that is true. That is where Jung comes in. Understanding behavior patterns and the underlying causes.

Dreams can help you better understand those unconscious aspects. But it takes more than just interpreting your dreams, it is a process that requires a deep self examination, and often requires real courage and discipline. You may be able to do alone {I've spent 15 years doing just that} but professional help is a possibility if you want to go that route. The hero/heroine of myth are the universal patterns of courage and discipline. And represent the many various patterns of human behavior. Perhaps by identifying with a particular myth, one that includes a theme of personality similar to who you are, will help. One thing is for sure, just like the hero/heroine you will have to venture the journey to discover the root causes. If you are capable of the discipline, desire and will to change, then you will become the real heroine.

Have you read any of the pages on Jung's Individuation Process. Individuation is the ultimate goal of the hero myth. Certain historical figures are metaphorical of the wholeness that Individuation Process has to offer. Jesus, Gandhi, Mother Teresa, these were the purest forms of an Individuated person. But Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia are also hero figures. seeking Individuation. And one the qualities they all shared was the willing to give of themselves. Sacrificing to the other. It should be a positive aspect.
What in your life makes it negative? What are the underlying causes? Why do you respond as you do? That's the journey you will have to take, a self discovery, and to discover the truths within yourself is the ultimate adventure. The process alone is a healing tool.

You might want to read the above links. There are many other resources available on the internet about the subject, take time to investigate what they have to say. If you will do that you will start a healing process that may help maintain the discipline you need to succeed. One step at time. It will be slow, and perhaps full of danger {metaphors in myth}, but to succeed will give new meaning to your life. And it is your life you are attempting to rescue.

Gerard

Thank you Gerard. I am going to read about the indivuation process you have underlined in red on here. Also, one more thing!
My mom used to be a hairdresser..had her own shop in front of our house for years.
She passed away when she was nearing 88 years old.
My mom worked Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat. Sunday and Monday were her days off.
On her day off (Monday) she used to volunteer at the catholic elementary school I went to.
She helped in the auditorium setting up chairs, or
helped with bake sales...whatever they needed her to do...she even made holiday foods for the nuns and brought the food to their rectory,,lasagna, meatballs, cookies, cakes, etc.
She always did what she could. Is there a possibility that I take after her in some ways?

Connie,
Like mother like daughter. A real possibility her actions have an influence on yours. It sure sounds as if they could be related. But again, what parts were positive and what aspects were negative? And there is probably other childhood influences, relationships with family, relatives, those personal experiences that may have help formed who you are today. That will require a self examination, a breaking down of your whole life and seeing what is really there. That is what the Individuation Process is. Self psychology, and discovery. Just as as with physical examinations you are looking for those unhealthy things, within the mind, your psychology. Your dreams are about your psychology, and yours alone.

My ex-mother-in-law passed away this past July. She was very much still a part of my life. She was the care giver, always the one who looked after the sick, the funerals, the cooking on big events. It got to the point it was expected of her. I know she enjoyed doing a lot of it but it took its toll. And she was never completely happy because she had so little time for herself. We all need time for oneself. If not you never really get to know the person you are. Looking in the mirror you see only the person others expect you to be. That person you really want to be is often caged in. Dreams have a tendency to reveal that true person, the real you. Most never find that self. Most don't even try.
Perhaps these dreams are trying you to get to the know the real you. But it will take effort, and time on your part to look beyond the ego self. Jung called it the inner search. It is up to the individual to undertake, and succeed. It is the basic pattern of the hero/heroine of myth. The search for the holy grail: your grail, your soul.

Have you watched the video The Hero's Journey in Film. If not do so. It defines the quest for that true self. Ciaran Vejby does a masterful job with this short video.

Gerard

Hello Gerard..The video was great! I am going to be doing some studying on a few things you discussed here..thanks very much! p.s. your mother-in-law sounded like a real swell lady...and yes, I am sure, she wished also that she had more time for herself..truthfully, I just think that it's in you to be this way.
Some people are all for themselves and would not help anyone.
Then there are the others that just can't say *no*.. I do know that when I feel I am being taken advantage of, that's when I get most angry..so I am not that bad I guess?

stats from 7-14-10 to the present