Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The End of the World...

One more dream:

I am in the hood in LA. There are fires and explosions everywhere. I am looking for my mother. She is old in my dream (don't tell her I said that) and I fear for her safety. I get a drab blanket and cover our heads from debris. We walk. There is a place that we should go to meet 'the others'. There is a battle going on all over town. Cars over turned, people running scared. My mom is no longer in the dream. I am running down the street while my (ex)boyfriend is leaping from building to building fighting off aggressors. He lands on the corner edge of a building and tells me to go with my brother. My brother is there. He tells me to come on. We board a plane. It's a small private jet type plane. Suddenly I realize we are going into outer space. Our plane glides into a cruising speed as my brother and his friend began to stroll about the cabin. I am still in shock. I look out the window and see that the earth looks as if it could fit into the palm of my hand. It's beautiful, except...looming over the earth, twice is big at the top as the earth are two creatures. One is ash gray, and the other is moonlight blue. Their appearance is like the Michellin man at the top and a tornado at the bottom that terminates to human size at the bottom (think: Tazmanian Devil from Looney Toons running); on earth, they only took up as much space as two men. They were fighting like Rock'em Sock'em Robots, neither gaining on the other for long. My brother looks out my window to see what I am looking at and finally closes it after getting a good look. He says to me, "Don't worry about that, you're okay, now," and proceeds to peel an orange and eat it.

I felt as if I were watching the battle of good and evil, but I couldn't tell exactly which was supposed to be good or who was evil. I didn't worry about who was left on earth after boarding that plane, and as it was given, I followed my brother's advice, glad to finally be off the earth. And after the travails of the dream, I had not one scratch on me.

What does this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Atlanta

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Gyrl

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: The End of the World...

Katchi,
Look at the earth as being your true self and the war being inner conflicts. Where does your mother fit into your life? The earth that you are finally glad to be off of are those past experiences that you are now trying to reconcile. Past experiences.

Do you look up to your brother in real life? He seems to be a positive forces, perhaps representing aspects within yourself you wish you possessed or need to possess.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

this dreams seems to be a repeat of dream 3, i think,. This was dream where you were in a race. there are aspects of that dream here as you seem to be escaping traumatic change in your life and is influence on your mental state as well as your subconscious maternal belief system or your relation to your mom.
here again you resign yourself to an illusory view of the world, and become out of touch with it.
your brother and your ex play the same role as they seem to shelter you from the world, but your brother is much closer to you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

It is interesting that you would say that I am trying to escape the world. My constant mantra for the past few years has been, "Man, I can't wait 'til my assignment is up!"... so I can go away and be free of the harshness of my environments.

I do feel trapped. My past is not the burden I am trying to escape, it's my present. I am running from NOW. Not a private atmosphere--I was an only child for nine years who became the eldest of five, then seventeen, yet I have always had a private place where I could escape as a retreat and feel good inside myself, by myself--but a public domain. When I was running in the race, I still came back to the point where I started (where ever you go, there you are). I never wanted to be anything other than me. And my past made me, so I wouldn't change that.

I'd lost the race, and returned to the starting point to rest and lament. Maybe that I couldn't compete?

When I was in the 'end of the world', I was not really running, but moving hurriedly, yet cautiously. And I wasn't trying to escape any fixed danger, but the potential dangers of what I feared were to come. I felt I had to get out before it was too late.

If my mother is my maternal aspect and I am trying to protect it, shelter it, how does that tie into the need to escape?

My brother isn't someone I look up to, per se; I am actually nine years older than him and that age difference-that age rank-is felt. It's more that I respect him and feel confortable in his presence. He is a wish come true. There is a mutual comfort expressed when we are together. A knowing. I am close to him, more so than my ex, (or any ex,) and I ever were, so it is understandable, after your interpretation that these two men would be my protectors, or rather my defender and my saviour during my time of turmoil. I often do look to my loved ones or beloved ones in times of distress.

My life has been always been constant change, by the way, so that point hit its mark. From many relationships to one, from one apartment to the next, from one city to the next, from secretarial work to social service work, and so forth. Each step has been to escape, yet made me want to escape even more. (I absolutely detest my job, and I am currently in school to explore a whole new career path.) Even as I type this, I am watching a show on PBS regarding Greece and am mentally escaping to what I see, discontent with what is.

I really appreciate your feed back. I found it extremely helpful and will explore your thoughts even further. You made me look at the dreams in a new way, myself in a new way.

Ultimately, I think what I am trying to escape is change, and it's the one thing I will never be able to escape, it is a race that I'll never win.

Thank you.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Gyrl

why is the maternal running with you?
that is not so clear. maybe it has to do with your relation to your parents. I see that your animus is represented by people you have no romantic intimacy with: your ex and your brother. and, there is no paternal aspect present either.
This is not uncommon, as dreams don't necessarily have to include both the maternal and paternal aspect.

but just for the sake of being thorough, did your father, or paternal figures provide instability in your life?

try to look over the other dreams if you can. I'd like to hear your thoughts on them.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Carlos: I don't know why the maternal is running with me, I was hoping someone here could tell me. I do know that I went back for her, like, I knew it was time to escape, so I went to go save her and get her to a safe place before I was told to go with my brother. I needed to get her out of the bad situation, and protect her in the process. We weren't running, also, because in the dream, she was old and kind of frail--not a true depiction of my mother at all. There was a blanket over our heads to protect us from debris.

At the time of the dream, my ex wasn't my ex, he was my current, and even after we broke up, he remained as a hero figure in my dreams. Also, not addressed, my brother's friend and business partner was also there on the space-plane. He was silent, yet his presence was felt and I recall him quite clearly. These two appeared in other dreams together as well. And even if I dream about my brother without his friend, I never dream of his friend without him.

Lastly, I don't know why you want to attribute some deep-rooted psychological trauma to my fathers. They actually were the stability. My father moved to CA joining my mother when I was a few months old and is still there, and my step-father is still in the same house he was in when I was 15 years old. My parents and I get along fine. They've actually been one of the few constants in my life. (the others are cookies, books, and boys.)

Carlos, if there were no 'text books', what would you really think of the dream?

I am sorry if I am curt, but I am short on time now and may be short on time for a few months.

I asked if there was instability coming from the paternal just to try to eliminate possibilities. You should not take it like an accusation. Unlike other dream intepreters, I am not clairvoiyant and not mystical in anyway.
This is also why when you referred to your ex as your ex in the dream, I could only assume he was your ex..

If you read my first post, I did not tie this into traumtic events stemming to your relationship with your parents.

YOu asked a question about your mom in the dream, and I was trying to answer it. Unfortuntely, sometimes to answer questions about a dream you need more personal information. And, sometimes only the dreamer can reall answer a quetion in a dream, but the dreamer must be ready to accept what the sub was doing and saying regardless of how they feel about it.

Anyway, if I figure anything out I will post again, but as I said before, time constraints for the next few weeks, maybe months, will hamper me.

thanks for the feedback.

Clairvoiyant, mystical? I wish I could lay claim to such a prize. But the abilities I may possess, and I think I can speak for other 'Jungians' who participate at the Forum, are not of a mystical caliber. They are intuitive, a natural aspect of the human psyche. Highly intuitive minds that have studied Jung possess a natural ability to understand dreams. Archetypes are from the universal mind and all humans have access to the universal. Jung's approach was not mystical, it was scientific. But in the process of exploring the human psyche he discovered what some may consider to be mystical. But in reality it is natural. Although I believe there are those who possess extreme abilities to see beyond the norm {Edgar Cayce comes to mind} I do not see it as something most possess. Evolution {I am a Darwinist also} has provided all animals with natural abilities to survive. Perhaps at one time in the evolution of man intuitiveness was more a part of those survival skills. But we do know humans possess intuitive abilities, that has been proven. Developing those intuitive abilities is possible, just as it is possible to develop other skills. It is part of the process of becoming 'Jungian', just as it is to understanding Freud when becoming a psychologist. In studying Jung you are also studying the better qualities of Freud. And all the great philosophers and great thinkers. That is how I see it.

I don't worship Jung. But I do hold his philosophies and research in the highest regard. And I always look at the 'Freudian' aspects of dreams. As I do Adler {power principle}. Leave no stone unturned, and never say never.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jungians are not mystical.
The clairvoyants, and mystics, I was refering to have crystal balls.
They don't need to charge money for services cause they know all the winning lottery numbers.

Like I said, I wish I were Clairvoyant. I could use the winnings from the lottery and put it to good use. But alas! I can only rely on my intuitiveness. But the positive is the intuitiveness helps in dream interpretation. That plus the 15 years of study in human and natural sciences.

I do believe in a mystical aspect. But it would be within nature. Something close to Native American spirituality. Or the Eastern philosophy of chi, or kundalini. These concepts have possibilities but their metaphorical value alone is enough to make them worthy of investigation. Myth, dream and metaphor. We could say all three have a mystical aspect.

Gerard

hmm,
I have seen that too often, dreamers fail to understand their dream as they insist that it is some mystic message, when it is in fact just telling then something very simple, basic, and human.
I prefer to stick to here an now.

katchi,

you may be running with your mom because in times of crisis you cling to your intuition urges, and inclinations.
but at sometime she disappears. this is about when your bf appears to save you.
This dream also seems to be about achieving a wider awareness as you see the world from far off in serene space and observe it in simpler terms as you allow the more rational side of you take control.
This dream can be linked to dream 1 as there, your brother seems to be the reason you overcome the snake and achieve a wider awareness of life.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present