Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
re-occuring dream of being attacked

I have been having this reoccuring dream of being attacked in my home. This is probably the 5th time in approx 7 months that this dream has come. I am always inside my condo in my bedroom sleeping when i am woken up by the noise of someone trying to break into my place. I am terrified by this and wait and listen to see if it's really someone breaking in. I hear the noise and know it's true and call 911. However, calling 911 seems to be delayed or i get put on hold. I have never seen my attacker before in the previous dreams however it is known to me my attacker is male and he wants to kill or rape me. In previous dreams i have only seen the shadow of my would be attacker. Also, in the previous dreams i am never confronted by the attacker i always lock myself in my bedroom or run out of the house desperate for help. However the dream i had last night was more frightening that the others before (these dreams are always scary to me as i wake up terrified that there really is someone in my home and i for the most part cannot get back to sleep for sometime because and also am scared to leave my room until dawn because the dream seems so real and leaves me very paranoid) - but the dream last night was the same as i was sleeping in my bed and awoken by someone outside at a late hour. I go out of my bedroom to investigate and i open my front door and see 4 men on bikes who pull up to the entry way into my section of the building. I immediately call the police because in my dream it was approx 3am and i was thinking that no one should be outside on bikes at that time unless they meant harm. I close my door and lock myself into my bedroom and call 911 and i am on the phone with the police who seem to think i am overreacting but i convince them to just please send a patrol car over to check it out. That is when i hear these men trying to break into my place. I am telling the 911 operator that they are now trying to get in and she is saying someone is on their way. Next thing i know the men are pounding on my bedroom door and trying to get in. I am holding the door shut but after a few tries they finally get through and i am staring into the face of my attacker. He has bushy blond hair and is very dirty and an older man about 45-50. He looks me up and down and i notice he has a long thin rope and there is another man behind him whose face i cannot see but the man who has the rope tells me that i'm a dirty little bitch. At that point i know his intention is to harm me greatly. I woke up after he said those words to me in my dream and my god i was terrified because again it felt like it was really happening. I live alone so i hate when i have these dreams as they make me think of the possible bad things that could happen to me!! As i said this is a re-occuring dream but in this one i actually faced my attacker and it was very apparent that he wanted to harm me. Interpretations please!!!!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - United States

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: re-occuring dream of being attacked

you may be dealing with the repression of urges. These urges may be sexual in nature. the dream's antagonist chrystalizing an becoming more interactive and human looking, not a shadow, means that the urges are beaking against your will with much more success and the urge is developing complexity, and dexterity as well as clearity to you.

Sometimes, something like a garbage truck may be making noise at night, and frightening you. noises at night can set the tone for a dream. you may be hearing noises while asleep, and this might be prompting a dream where you hear a noise in the night and are frightened. This doesn't mean that the repression is not there, but you may want to sit down and think about whether your neighborhood is noisy outside at night.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Thank you Carlos. I have never thought about this before and you are right about the noisy area i live in. My condo is literally right next to the train tracks!!! However, i love the sounds of the trains and never considered them a threating noise but it does make sense that this might be a trigger to the nightmares.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - United States

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

well, maybe the image of a train barreling through the night might ignite the idea that someone is barreling into your home.

Trains in dreams can also represent a libido, so maybe a connection can be made between the noise of a train inspiring the sleeping mind to create a dream with sexual intonations, like rape in your case.

here is another thought, in slang terms, when more than one man has sex with one woman, in your dream's case rape a woman, it can be referred to as doing a train.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

stats from 7-14-10 to the present