Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lighthouse symbolism

hi everyone,
sorry i have been away from the forum for a while,had a few issues to sort out,dream work becomming to overpowering,had to give it a rest,
i would like to bounce back with any thoughts on lighthouse symbolism,
while most lighthouses tend to say in large capital letters,STAY AWAY FROM HERE AS THERE ARE HIDDEN DANGERS,
there is another type of lighthouse,
one that guides you into a safe harbour,i mention this one in particular as its one familiar to me in this dream,
the dream.
i am holding 6 fireworks/rockets,before i have chance to put them in there launch positions,they shoot off into the sky,(premature i hear you freudians cry),
they land next to a disused lighthouse setting it on fire,
to my supprize the lighthouse is also full of fireworks,which have bee stored there for a supprize celebration,
i am treated to a fantastic fireworks display,
the lighthouse is burnt to the ground,
various elderly council members turn up and say,
its ok we can get some more fireworks,and the lighthouse can be rebuilt,better,stronger,
the celebration can still go ahead,
i am so relieved,
i am asked if i know what happened,i say i do not know,my secret is safe,
this dream is rich in symbolism,i have looked at it from a freudian and jungian perspective just to be sure,and as always objective observations from any forum members would be very helpful.
regards cavebear aka steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: lighthouse symbolism

Hmmm,

the more you resist a meaning, the more you should think about it as a possibility.
Now, addressing your view of Freudians, I don't think that a Freudian today would interpret your dream in simple ways.
Phallic symbols in a dream, or in life are not necessarily linked to sex. This is a gross over simplification of Freudian psychology. They may be seen as sexual symbols, but not necessarily as direct symbols of sex. They could represent the male characteristics.
You may be overly defensive as to your male virility, and shoot off your masculinity prematurely before its time.
The dream can mean that you have a propensity to allow very male characteristics lead you to folly. but, better to be mistaken and be manly, than go out with a whimper. It may be an old piece of learning for you.

I remember you were the guy seeking enlightment in a hummer? hmmmm, say freud as he rubs his chin.
*/98-+

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

hi carlos,
many thanks for your thoughts,
i do not have a problem with freudian ideas,i think there is a place for all schools of thought,if one interpretation doesn't work it would be foolish not to consider approaching from a different angle,
i approached this dream from a tarot card point of view,as this was pointed out to me by my daughter,
the symbolism of the tower card,a metaphor if there was one for the dimminshment of the male ego and its stance,it is this symbolism that opened the dream for me,relating to my age and not being driven by testosterone,we call it fruedian,jungian whatever,
i choose to call it human,
regards cavebear

i am glad I comfirmed some of what you thought the
dream may be about.

I think that if you want to heed any warnings from the dream, its that the old lighthouse ofis full of fireworks and you admire it shooting off. So, although the testosterone level has ebbed, there is still a lot of something there. what I think that is is, is learned behavior and reactions acquired during the period when the testosterone was high.

This same learning may be what causes the fireworks in hand to shoot before they are properly launched.

good luck.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Cavebear,
Glad to see your return. Your expertise has been missed.

As for your dream. This part of the dream stood out for me:

the lighthouse is burnt to the ground,
various elderly council members turn up and say,
its ok we can get some more fireworks, and the lighthouse can be rebuilt, better, stronger,
the celebration can still go ahead

Could the lighthouse be you? The elderly council members, your wise self? Knowing a bit about your life the fireworks could be inner/outer turmoil. I often look at the number six as symbolic of the wiser ego self {opposite nine, the inner wise Self}. There must be an annihilation of self to discover Self.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

gerard ,thanks for your thoughts,
i was struck with the image of the tower tarot card after something my daughter said,following up this symbolic representation,i think what you have said reflects the same meaning as the tarot card does,
my interpretation of this card if indeed it is in the dream,would be,
what my ego thinks is reality,is not ,
this is i feel, a process that is well under way,
and as in the card symbology it takes lightning bolts to do the job,(revelations along the way)

if you look down on a lighthouse,you get a circle with a spiral inside it(the staircase),this may be the ref to the old self,whos light has gone out(disused)as you suggested,obviously this is all ongoing,and i will watch for further prompts from the inner world.
regards cavebear
ps
i am using my dream buddy, the cavebear, as my name as there have been a few more steves on the forum
so as not to cause confusion.

Steve,
A quick thought on the transferance and ignition...

Relay

From Hyperdictionary:
"having the characteristics of, an auxiliary
apparatus put into action by a feeble force but itself
capable of exerting greater force, used to control a
comparatively powerful machine or appliance"

and the two are a set - the auxiliary requires the feeble force.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Re: lighthouse symbolism

kathy
very interesting you mention relay,
you have this profound gift at finding words ,
i was thinking on the lines about a beacon,
(the light house)and how these were set off in a chain,relayed along a line,the beacon set off in the return of the king ,came to mind ,in this context ,it was a call for help,
rockets are also used as a distress signal ,

the rockets i fired ,defintatly triggered a relay of event,a chain reaction,
this is worth working on,

thanks steve.

Steve,
Thank you for your kindness. The dream could point to individuality vs the 'oneness of all'.

I think those in Self work often work hard to destroy the ego (to create the healthy ego toward wholeness) that the concept of individuality as positive can become lost.

In the dream symbolism, I see you/ego as an individual lighthouse, the dream lighthouse as the 'oneness of all'/the Psyche. The spark of transformation...the relay...Psyche is comprised of the of individual aspects separate and distinct in their own. For me the dream content would define 'Ego exists in tandem as an individual aspect and an element of the Psyche'.

Again, just a few thoughts.

Thanks again,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present