Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mom, BK steaks and a cleaning rag

dream date last weekend.

I think i had pickup my mom at an airport. Maybe we were walking through a mall: i am almost sure it was an airport because we ha talked, in waking life, about her coming to NYC. I saw some men sitting at some Burger King tables eating some sandwiches which had a huge slice of steak in them. I think, I called them the BK whopper broiler sandwich, or the western beef something or other. The names were the same or very similar to the names on the BK commercials. I even remember hearing the voice of in my head of the BK commercial and for an instant even seeing the BK man with his big head and crown on it running, like in the football commercial he does.
We continued to walk by some on the seats in search of a table for us to eat. I remember discussing what I wanted to eat with my mom. Eventually somehow she got ahead of me, as she was setting my steak sandwich down on the table and for some reason decided to wipe some of the oil off of the steak. She used a rag, that I was suspicious about because I didn't think it was clean. I was a little miffed at my mom for doing that. I asked her where did she get that rag from. She said, "over there" and pointed to an area that had a typical self service soda fountain. There was a BK worker there cleaning up. She was Asian, and looked like maybe a manager at BK. I saw the rags. they were rags she used to clean tables and counter tops. I became and told her those rags are dirty. She said they looked clean. As I looked at the rags I thought of the dirt and cleaning chemicals on them. the rags which were supposed to be white with an intricate purple design on them were grimy. they had a grayish hue on them from cleaning up dirt.
I sat down upset about what happened and almost knocked over the steaks. I caught them in time. I think that despite the dirty rag, I was going to eat it anyway as they looked juicy and delicious. they were about 20 oz steaks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: mom, BK steaks and a cleaning rag

bump

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Carlos,
The whole first paragraph, other than the first where you pick up your mom, is focused on the 'King', the steak, the powerful masculine. But the dream starts out with a focus on your mom. There seems to be similarities to your other dream. The only difference is the 'old lady' is now your mom. Jung believed dreams had at least two possible interpretations. One is the current real life experiences {perhaps the relationship with your mother at the time of the dream} and the deeper aspects often hidden within the unconscious {the repressed feminine}, related to the collective unconscious.

Perhaps the dream is focusing on your mistrust, or denial of the feminine. Both the psyche and perhaps some aspect of the relationship with your mother {as I stated previously, Jung incorporates the best of Freud}. There is conflict between the masculine and the feminine {the rags are dirty, no they are not!}. There could be a connection to 'cleaning up old problems and issues' in your relationship with the feminine {on both levels}.

She is the manager, and foreign. She is in charge of this particular BK. I sense a realization from the collective unconscious {Jung saw the feminine as superior to the masculine, albeit not to the extend of exclusion}. But the real life issues at the time of the dream involving your mother may be a focus also.

All in all I see the dream focusing on the feminine. More so the psyche but perhaps having to do with your relationship with your mother, to a lesser extent. Does that fit? Is the dream also from the past? I know you will recognize any connections even if it is. Jung always relied on a cognition by the dreamer where the dream symbolism fit the waking life.
But if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit {a proverb from the OJ file}.

As for my style of interpretation. Of course it is Jungian but there is that intuitive aspect that provides so many insights {Jung also promoted the intuitive}. With experience, and this is from many years of dream interpretations at this Forum and other forum venues {Sleeps.com used to be my playground until it became too difficult to promote Jung}, I have developed an intuitive eye when looking at dreams. I believe this developes for anyone capable of understanding Jung and studying his methods. Of course, and this is my observation, when I study Jung I am also studying all the great minds of many fields of scientific knowledge. Including Freud.
It is one thing to interpret a symbol but another to comprehend its value in a dream. That is often intuitive. Some may refer it to as being mystical. I see it as something we all possess {some a greater to a greater degree}. It is a natural process, nothing mystical other than the Ah! Ha! moments it may produce.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

right on every count.

The dream i suspect is a little more true on the specific and particular meaning rather than the abstract, general. the dream was prompted by the coming vacation my mom will spend with me here.
i suspect my sub is preparing for it. I know what to expect, and this will make it a better period of time for me.

Hi Carlos

Hope you are well

The dream dwells on cleaninness and things like that and cleaning chemicals. One problem when moms come to visit is that they may occasionally bring differnet standards of cleanliness with them. They may fuss and treat you like children. They still think that they know best. It can make you feel a little comfortable. Perhaps thats an element. When someone comes to visit we change our habits. Perahsp adopting different standards than usual. The cafe is self service- do look after your mother in every way or do you expect her to jst gointo the kitchen and get something if she wants it? Does she try to take over when shes here. Theese are all little changes in our reoutines that disturb us.

Malls and shopping can often link to our own assessment of what we want and how we wish to go about it. We are literally trying to get what we want and which does noit exist. To pay we put in effort and energy(the equivalent of money).

So part of the dream looks over what you intend to do when she is here.

Dream dictionary

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 scarborough

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Carlos,
In this dream the mother character may be perceived as custodial, or guardian, who utilizes sleight of hand, skill of right-handedness in playing a trick on you. Your dream character consciously objects, rationalizes, then tacit approval to surrender shown by ‘sitting down’, followed by what may be an unconscious objection to relent shown by knocking over the items by accident. Then retrieved, and despite the trickery, the original objection fails.

Overall the dream may show resoluteness as the aspect/trait required to continue to think and act independently. Along with vigilance in conscious knowledge this inclination may reside within. This follows the same line of thought in this thread of preparation for the waking life visit of your mother.

The deeper meaning as it relates to inner Self work may be of the devouring Mother…the dark feminine.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Bob,

there certainly is some of what you say, because my other is a cleaning freak. but, her cleaning to a degree is welcomed, as I need the help now. Maybe that is a little of that mall cometary you made about the payment. Issues do arise though, as inevitably, I begin to lose track of everything in the house as all things get moved and thrown out.

you are batting a 1000.

Kathy,
there is some of that in our relation. for few years it kept our relation icy cold, esp. from my part.
and yes, there was submission by me as I only have one mother and must take the good with the bad. this trip here, which begins tomorrow, actually is significant in that it is the first trip over here since a falling out we had a few years ago.

you guys are all so good.
i though I had this dream figured out but despite that I posted it, and It turns out you guys are bringing out more stuff.

"Your batting a 1000"

Well I am sure thats a nice thing to say but these american sports terms mean nothing to me. Don't forget that over in the UK we play cricket with bat and ball. Try watching it someday. The matches only last 5 days. Most games have a result - though some games get drawn.

About the dream. Dreams do seem to hit on these true to life dilemmas that are so easy to guess. Its just your mom is used to being in charge. I know it reminds me of when people employ a cleaner yet go and do the cleaning before they come. Just because they cannot stand someone thinking that they have a low standard of cleanliness. When your mom comes you sudenly act in ways that are not your natural self. Just trying to impress or fall into line.

Sometimes you act in ways that just send your head into a spin. Time for some visual metaphors

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 scarborough

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

yes, I have always thought that people that clean their house, so that the cleaners won't find a messy house are bit neurotic.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present