Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stop the bus i want to get off,

hi all,
i wanted to post this dream because of something gerard said in regard to inner and outer turmoil on my lighthouse dream post,
the dream,
i am traveling on a bus with one other person who is sat behind me,
an afghan looking man,(afghanistan is a place of turmoil,both spiritualy and materialy)
he stands up and says something in his own language,
i do not have a clue what he is saying,
he walks towards the door of the bus,opens it and steps out,
because the bus is in motion,he hits the road,
the bus stops,
its like his body has exploded,

my own take on this dream is this,
certain wheels have just been set in motion in my life ,
i have had a few moments of doubt about where it will take me,
mainly because i don't fully understand what is being said(the grand vision)its a risk,causing anxiety,
and thoughts of quiting,
i feel that i am telling myself that to bail out now,before the journey has run its course would be in effect, suicide,
and certainly not condusive to my wellbeing,

as always i respect and welcome any thoughts,
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: stop the bus i want to get off,

not understanding him may mean that you are not ready, or don't wish t understand him.
ou seems to be conent to take a conventinal route to some nd n some aspect of your life, but a aprt of you, which you are distancing yourself from, want to do it another way. a way that is more harmful to you.
and yes this dream is simlar to the rocket dream, as you do launch the rockets in the conventional way, with a launcher, but them prematurely rockulate (sorry couldn't resist just kidding).
I mean something hapensbut not quite in the right way.
Now consider the afghany and the lighthouse as playing similar roles in that both of them are torn asunder because of this.

which dream came first?
if the bus dream was first, you may have had a set back, and this is why it the lightouse dream teh events are started by you: the emotions or urges are closer to you, than when they depicted by the afghan.

if the lighthouse dream where first, then a progression away from whtever it is hat has caused the firworks has occured, and those urges that vexed you are being torn apart. it is a total overcoming from its throes.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Re: stop the bus i want to get off,

hi carlos,
loved the premature rockulation thing,
yes the lighthouse dream was first,
gerard mentioned in my lighthouse dream that it may have been a metaphor for self,the destruction of an outmoded set of ideals i think(the tower tarot card)
transfering this symbolism on to the afghany as you suggested has revealed to me anyway, some interesting ideas,
i have been reading recently an article on shamanism,
embracing the fragmented self by dr maureen roberts,
(i can email the article to anyone interested)
which ties in with my own deep interest in the grail myths,
especially the chapel perilous,
(been here for 20 years)
which in psychological terms is, the confusion brought on by a radical change in your view of reality,middle age can do this,along with various asthetic practices,shamanism,drugs and so called mental illness,
one of the main images from shamanism is this destruction/dismemberment of the ego image and the reconstruction of the new self,
the image of the exploding light house and the afghany come to mind,
the lighthouse was disused,old self,
the afghany(still working on this)but may be a metaphor for outmoded religious attitudes,ie the talibans religious intolerance and repression,
out of this i see the words ,its time for a new religion!one that i feel is in motion within my self,
not that i am religious,far from it,
i am a repressed shaman!
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53-uk

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: stop the bus i want to get off,

Steve,

everything in a dream is a metaphor for the self or an aspect of it. so yes the lighthouse and the afghan were both aspect of the self on similar trajectories.

another issue this may be addressing is intolerance and war, or fighting. Both the tower and the afghan can mean that. The tower card stands for false structures and concepts coming down, the afghan, to the western eye, may seem like that too.
So, I think you are on to something as you have touched on the fact that you are going through a change in paradigms. The afghan dream seems to indicate that all that stuff is the past, and it has been basically overcome already.

good luck

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present