Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
thr crossroads and moon

hi,
as i was just logging on to post my dream,i noticed gerards post on intuition ,this is some sort of meaningful coincidence to me, as the dream below i think relates to this the trusting intuition,
i would be grateful for any comments ,
the dream,
i arrive at a crossroads and am not sure which way to go,
i notice infront an area where birds stop off on their migration route,i cross the road and am met by a female who is excited because something amazing is about to happen,
i see in the sky thousands of birds swirling,zinging back and forth,alot like the auroura borealis does,
they twist and turn as if of one mind,
it gets dark and i lose sight of the birds,
but then the full moon comes out and illuminates the sky ,i can see the birds again,
this was a most wonderful spectacle,i felt in awe,

i am at a crossroads in my life,and as the dream shows,and i am not sure what direction i need to take,

i feel that this dream may be pointing to that direction,
in that i trust my intuition,
regards cavebear

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: thr crossroads and moon

cavebear,
My impressions of the dream are more toward its extolling you to stay the course, that is the direction that you need to take. And by staying the course you should 'experience' the journey, the journey being the destination.

Much like my own journey I believe yours is headed in a certain direction {primarily determined by your actions but with fate as the final arbitrator}. I don't know that dreams will provide direct insights to that final destination, for some they do. Of course your dreams are much more adapted to a archetypal approach than most, so there may be a distinction in that aspect of dreaming. I tend to believe dreams are as much a confirmation of the journey more so than a dictate to the final destination. But again individuals are different and although dreams hold true to certain criteria, the difference in an individual may prove to provide deeper insights than it would in general.

Either way I see your dream as positive. And I feel certain that things will EVOLVE and provide insights, intuitive and objective, to which direction to proceed when you reach that 'crossroads' in your waking life. The positive nature of your dream reinforces the positive nature, and direction of your life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: thr crossroads and moon

gerard ,
thanks for your thoughts,
i can see what you are refering to,
the area of the experience in the dream was a stopping off area for migrating birds,and a place of revelation and wonder for me,
as you say,it is not a destination,
just a stopping off place,

the journey as you say is an on going one,and i am not aware of any destination at all,
perhaps thats the difficult bit,
there is safety in the known,and i am aware of the conflict that occurs when the unknown calls,

thanks for your clarity,
cavebear

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Re: Re: thr crossroads and moon

after reading a few passages from the secret life of dreams,i am of the oppinion that unconscious content behaves a bit like the cycles of the moon,waxing and waning just the same,
this dream i feel is a ref to the same waxing and waning,showing me what is going on ,ie the stage of this particular phase of the my own inner tide,
the unconscious content represented in this dream seems to be on the ascendent,and on reaching its zenith will allow the conscious self to see it,(after being in the dark,unaware of it)
as the passage from the book says,
when the unconscious is in the ascendent the conscious self remains unenlightened,ie in the dark,
this i feel has cracked the dream,
many thanks for reccomending the book,
cavebear

stats from 7-14-10 to the present