Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reoccuring road dream

The first road dream was part of a dream...the second road dream was a dream in it's entirety. I had these dreams two days apart.

I am going down a one-way ramp, and going in the wrong direction. I realize this part way down the ramp. I decide not to gamble by going all the way down to exit, but do a U-turn in the widest section of the ramp instead. Luckily there are no cars around when this happens, I think to myself.

This morning's dream I am driving down a very wide highway...four lanes on each side. I miss my exit. There is very little traffic and I want to do a U-turn. I notice if I turn my head a certain way, there is an optical illusion of faster and heavier traffic. I understand this is an illusion, a deterent for people such as myself who want to do a U-turn in the middle of the highway, but because my two year old niece is with me and I want to be safe, decide to just get off at the next exit ramp and find my way back to where I am to be. I get off the exit ramp and my co-worker is there with his big, white, box truck. His job at work is waste management and recycling. (that's a reality) He says to me, "it's a good thing you didn't do a U-turn, or you would have gotten a ticket". Also at the end of the ramp is a spokeswoman for the PA Lottery. She comes out of a black stretch limo, and is a dapper, happy woman. I know she has something to say to me, and I anticipate it is good news. This is where the dream ends.

I asked for some dream guidance before bed. I am having some difficulty with a romantic relationship.

Thank you for any insights!
M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Reoccuring road dream

Maureen,
My first impression is to ask 'what is it in your life where there is indecision'? With the additional information about a romantic involvement I can assume it is most likely addressing that. Let see if I can help answer your request from the dream for guidance.

Do you feel you are going in the wrong direction in the relationship, and perhaps a course reversal is in order? Dreams reflect our deepest internal emotions, how we really feel. It would seem on the surface there may be questions as to whether you are taking a gamble in some aspect of your life {presumably the relationship}.
The part of the first dream about going 'all the way' and then reversing course may be addressing the benefits of the relationship but with the caveat of it not being what you truly desire. Is that the case in the relationship, a lot of benefits in the relationship if you are 'honestly' able to commit to it?

Could there be a lot of latitude in certain aspects of your life {wide 4 lane highway}? Can that be applied to the relationship {in what ways, you will understand if this fits}. Again in the second dream I see possibilities where an aspect of your life that seems to present 'safe' opportunities or offers benefits. Not being able to make up your mind may behind the desire to get off at a certain exit and to make U turn. Taking the safe route? But it may just a part of the whole equation, which makes the decision that more difficult.

The waste management and recycling could be addressing the current relationship {waste management} but the recycling part may be about past experiences. Could that be part of the indecision with this relationship, painful emotions from previous experiences clouding your decision making in the current affair?

At the end of this ramp, current relationship, there may be rewards to be offered. Again the benefits. That is a constant in the two dreams. Speaking for yourself, the happy woman would be you. Your expectations are....
It is a lottery, a gamble? Or is it the rewards are at the end of the rainbow {in this instance ramp}?

Dreams don't often answer such requests outright. They can offer possible solutions and provide insights as to how you are emotionally handling different aspects of your life. And although these dreams may seem to saying you may need a course reversal, a U turn, they may very well be addressing the emotional scares {if there are any} from past relationships. If there are these scares, the dreams may merely be influencing your indecision any relationship you may get involved with. Or this relationship has similarities to the past. Review all the possibilities.

Answer the questions I have posed {to yourself} and see what fits {if anything}. Then be honest with yourself {look in the mirror and confront yourself} and qualify the good and bad about this relationship, the influences from the past, what you expect from the future.

It seems your request for insights from the dream has probably added to the confusion. But if it helps you 'think' about the situation, enough 'honest' thoughts lead to answers. The key may be in being honest with yourself.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you, Gerard ~

[Maureen,
My first impression is to ask 'what is it in your life where there is indecision'?]

Yes, "indecision" is the synopsis my situation.

Without turning the dream forum into 'Dear Abby', the elements of divorcing and mid-life play into this. My friend is "safe", and there are benefits, but my body is speaking to me loudly by pulling back and hesitating.

It's interesting you wrote, "be honest with yourself". I quietly asked for help while my friend and I were talking, to be able to say the right thing, and "be honest with yourself" came out. I see now that statement was not only meant for him, but for myself.

Many things to consider and look deeper into. But, this is what I love about dream guidance and healing. It is all about growth and being healthy, in all ways. There are blessings in difficulties.

Thanks again,
Maureen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

One question I've had about the Subconscious...

Being a student, learning mostly the teachings of Milton Erickson, I understand the Subconscious reiterates what we tell our selves, "mirror" what we believe.

How do I know or recognize when that belief no longer serves me?

I suppose that may be a simple question, but I am struggling with the answer.

Maureen,
Your friend is 'safe'. That gives you a lot of room to maneuver, the wide highway. The exit ramps, perhaps the idea you can always make a U-turn and end the relationship.
But if it is not what you really want, what your soul longs for, the unconscious psyche will intercede and expose your true emotions in your dreams. The unconscious conflicts in life come up in dreams, mirroring those conflicts in your waking life, but without a bias. Dreams lack bias. The ego is naturally biased.

The inner journey as we often call it at the Dream Forum is psychological. By interpreting your dreams and giving thought and time to the process, you are doing a self analysis, Jung's Individuation Process. Instead of being on a couch where the analyst prods you seeking unconscious secrets, you can use dreams to access that same information. Complexes, emotional conflict, even positive aspects that can reveal, come up in dreams using symbolic language, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional self.

One of the key differences between Jungian and Freudian theory is that Jung's thought posits several different kinds of complex, and emphasizes duality or plurality rather than unity as a basic condition of the human psyche. Freud held that the Oedipus complex was universal--reflecting developmental challenges that face every child--and was the central complex in most or all psychopathology.

So, yes, definitely delving deeper will reveal aspects that you may not consciously know or understand. Dreams are like the immune system for the body. They are meant to help with our mental health by helping us work through emotional conflicts.

With respect to Erickson, dreams are reflective of our true self, our true emotions, our true being. Belief is a system that supports the ego. It is biased. The unconscious mind, and psyche, are not biased, are not ego oriented. No matter what you think you believe, the truth is exposed in dreams.

As for your belief system. How strong is it? Something you spend a lot of time developing? And is it yours? I was raised Christian but when I began my journey I realized that system no longer fit. It was too restrictive. Having studied all the religions, and being a long time student of Campbell and Jung, I know there are other truths more valid than Christianity. The beliefs I have today are nature oriented with no particular deities. I can use the Buddha and Jesus as the example and feel at ease with either. I no longer have any doubts about my spiritual identity.

Does yours still fit? Again it is a question you must ask yourself, and explore for the truth by a self examination. If you will read the link about the Individuation Process you will have a clearer understanding how dreams function, and why Jung's dream psychology can open doors to the unconscious. For many like myself, it gives some real meaning to life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,

[Dreams are like the immune system for the body. They are meant to help with our mental health by helping us work through emotional conflicts.]

Great analogy! As I say, all health is mental health.

Thanks for the link, I look forward to reading the information fully.

I was raised Catholic, but since becoming more aware of Life, have drifted away from religion/church/dogma. I am now closer to God than I ever was before. The relationship is much richer. I think that is the case for many who have this experience.

Dreaming has been my pot of gold. Thank you again for your help and insight.

Maureen

stats from 7-14-10 to the present