Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Philosophy class

I'm in a philosophy class. I’m sitting at my desk and I’m not very interested. One student is very arrogant and contradicts the teacher in a kind of arrogant and rebel way. As he does so, I’m thinking to myself what a jerk this guy is. But it seems he has pretty much hit the nail (in the sense that he is obviously right) and the teacher is left speechless but respond in a very aggressive way witch makes him look very defensive. The teacher then comes to me to see if I have done what he asked for and witch I have not done because I felt it was not useful. The teacher is agitated. I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Philosophy class

Jp,
This dream also seems to be addressing issues of personality conflicts. We must remember that the characters in your dream are representative of the different aspects of your personality and psyche. So the student and teacher are you, and the conflict is between these two different aspects. My sense is there is a true desire to learn and improve yourself but the 'arrogant' aspect may be in the way. This would be a personality issue {which has a starting point, a stimulus from earlier life/experiences}. But this arrogant aspect has its positive role. It questions authority. Is that your outward personality in your waking life?

It may come down to the fact that you have not learned as much as you need/should and this gets in the way. This may be merely a lack of life experiences {which is so often the case}. One rule I live by is not to get into discussions where I know little about the subject being discussed. Often, to support an argument, one must rely on boaster and arrogant speech to overcome the lack of knowledge. This not only agitates others but deep down it agitates you also.

Again I see these dreams addressing your personality. Does that seem to be in line with who you are? The positive thing is you are aggressively seeking to understand yourself at an early age. This will provide benefits not only in the present but also later in life when you approach those mid-life years of reflection. You are getting an early start {and education} to the 'inner life', which is where you find a 'goldmine{d}' of knowledge.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

well teachers teach and students learn. Perhaps it relates to some ideas that are floating around inside your head... some opposition to some ideas.. some fixed set of learned knowledge that you are having some doubts about.

Dream dictionary

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 scarborough

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

philosophy has nothing to do with intuition, so you may have a resentment not only of authority, but of rational as well.
You could be going through a period of change and rejecting the more traditional rational life styles that were conveyed to yu throughout your life by people that were supposed to be role models or authrity figures. But, you are not doing this directly, rather ytou are doing it interbnally as you, yourself are not expressing your distaste for authority figures and some of the more traditional learnign you have received instead you are rejecting it based on some internal desire to rebel.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present