Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bright Lights, Bicycles, Semi Truck

Last night I dreamed that I was standing in front of my high school during the middle of the night, all alone. I start to hear a really loud noise and see very bright, blinding lights coming from off in the distance, coming closer. Then I realize that it's a bunch of girls (maybe 8 or 9) on bicyles, with enormous lights attatched to the handles coming towards me. I get scared that they're going to run me over, but they swerve past. I'm releived, and sit down on the curb to relax with my head hidden by my hands when I start to hear a faint noise. I look up, and right in front of me is a huge semi truck inches away from running me over, and I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Bright Lights, Bicycles, Semi Truck

Abby,
What is it that you are afraid of that may 'run over you'? Both the girls on bikes and the semi are threatening to you, you fear 'they' will run over you.
The girls on bikes may represent peer pressure in school. The semi truck could represent something bigger, perhaps the pressures of life or school or some larger aspect of your life.
This dream is probably a reflection of adolescent fears that are natural. If you continue to have similar dreams, especially where trucks threaten you, then I would be a bit more worried. But this dream is probably reflecting getting older and having to endure pressures in life {and high school}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Gerard =]

Actually, this is the third time my dreams have had semi trucks in them. The first time, I dreamed I was sitting on the roof of the semi, and the next time I dreamed it was nearly running me over (just as in my dream from the other night). Sort of weird that that's what I should dream of- it's not like I think about semi trucks on a daily basis.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Abby,
The semi-truck is a symbol, representing some aspect of you or your life. As important as understanding what the symbol represents, is the action that goes with it. What is it that 'tries to run over you'? Look at your waking life and see if there is an obvious connection. Then perhaps the semi truck will expose itself as to what it represents.
Also the word itself can be important:
semi
truck
Look up the word truck in the Dream Dictionaries and see if any of those possibilities fit.
Then look up semi in Search Hyperdictionary.com Dictionary. There is a possibility these words used separately go together and fit with your waking life {dreams reveal the emotions}.

Of course this is just a possibility. When I look at a dream I want to consider as many possibilities as I can. Added together with the full dream contents, the dream motif or plot, will often direct you to a certain thing your life that does fit the dream story.

And the other dream with the bicycles almost running over you. The action again something almost ran over you. Does bicycles have any special import? And it was girls riding the bikes. Are there any girls trying 'to run over you' in school?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present