Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wall of water, feeling scared

Hi there,
hope you can help me with this one, I woke up crying because I have dreamed similar stuff like this before, for more than a year now, and it makes me quite sad, that I haven't moved on.

I remember being inside my family home, but it was different from the home in my waking life.
I remember seeing a wall, either of brick or timber frame, but actually inside it held water, so really it wasn't a real wall. Anyway a friend or my father noticed that the wall was bulging, and in a matter of time, the wall collapsed, and all the water flooded the room. After that I remember making a comment to my mother which she didn't like. She wanted to hit me because of that, and I remember seeing my brother making something out of thin branches of a plant to hit me with. All I kept saying is "I'm 28" or something like that, implying that I am old enough to say what I mean.
That's all I remember.

Now this dream upset me because I dream often of my mother screaming at me, wanting to hit me and being dissapointed with me.
In my waking life none of this happens, we have a reasonably good relationship even though a couple of years ago she was angry that I was going out with my boyfriend, that she didn't approve of.
I'm upset because it's been years since that situation when we were angry with each other, arguing often.
I can't seem to be able to move on. I have seen a counsellor in the past, about this. I don't know what's stopping me from moving on.

any ideas about this dream will be appreciated,
thank you

Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: wall of water, feeling scared

Magda,
The dream could very well be dealing with the past experience when you and your mother had the falling out. Is there something from that time, unresolved issues that makes it difficult to move on? Having to see a counselor usually means there is something still unresolved.
Perhaps the events was so out of normal {the usual tranquility in the relationship with your mother} that your personality is not strong enough to cope. That may have its beginnings from earlier childhood. Do you remember any events earlier in life, confrontations with your mother, may have bearings on this dream? Or other possible experiences, other than with your mother? Being inside the family home {in the dream} but being different from the real home, may indicate experiences that were out of the normal.

Yet it could come down to personality issues, an inability to cope. That would explain your difficulties of moving on, even if the experiences where those having to do with your mother and differences over your choice of boyfriends, which were more recent. Do you consider yourself as having a weak personality on certain issues?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Gerard,

yes I am a weak person when it comes to personal and intimate relationships, I don't know how to cope with arguments and fall outs.

However at the same time I thought that the wall made of water was a positive symbol. The wall seemed fictional, and boundaries that were real were actually not concrete.
What do you think?

thank you
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Magda,
If water represents the unconscious then, yes the wall could symbolize 'fictional' barriers within the psyche. In such an instance the 'fictional' barriers are ready to let loose those unconscious contents {here I see them as related to your personality} that will open you up to new realizations about yourself.
Your personality traits may be due to experiences from early life and understanding the foundations of those may be the message of the dream. Have you explored why you are a 'weak' person? Those foundations may reveal something that could very well lead to new growth personality wise.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present