Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Water/Bathing

Been having a rough time and think I get some of this. Help with it though would be appreciated.
I really want/need a bath and am in an historic house. Enter a huge room with a lovely old fashioned bath in the centre of it. A lady (caretaker?) is there with a couple of other staff. She is busy but says yes I can use the bath. When I look into it I realise it's been used and I need to draw another. She says she'll arrange that. When I come back there are loads of people in the room having coffee etc and the water is a bit on the cold side and off course I can't have a bath in public. Head home and come across a paddling poolon the way there, type used by children in summer but again the water's cold and the pool deflating. Doesn't seem to matter it's in the street! Get to my flat in the dream and it's not very nice in the hallway. People milling about who seem to live on the edge of society. They have dogs as well which don't seem nice and I'm afraid that they'll attack my dog and am thinking of ways to get mine out without that happening. My flat inside is nice though. There seems to be a nice flat roof with good views as well.
Flip to my Dad and his wife going to a Bryan Adams concert. They seem keen especially his wife. And although they feel and are made to feel too old for it they're determined to have a great time cos they really like him. This in real lfe seems unlikely as my Dad is nearly seventy!
Don't know if the concert has anything to do with the earlier part of this dream. Feedback would be great.
Lesley x

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Scotland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Water/Bathing

Leslie,
I'll take a good look at your dream later today. In the process of dental surgery and have an appointment this morning.
Bryan Adams, Is he one of 'YOUR' favorites? In your post you state 'my Dad and his wife' going to a Bryan Adams concert. 'His wife', not your real mother? Any associations with that which could have any bearing on this dream, and/or your life?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Good luck, dentist not one of my favourite things to do!
Bryan Adams not one of my favourites, no. Dad's wife is my stepmother. Never call her that just because I was 22 when they married and point of fact I've already got a mother. Issue there? I think so. We actually get on fine although I keep a certain amount of distance, really because of personality differences. She sometimes likes to pretend she is something more genuine and 'better/nicer' than she is. Can't make up my mind if she is always genuinely young at heart of feels the need to come across as that, hence the concert? She's in her early 60's now.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Leslie,
The dentist thing is a major operation. The good thing about it is the hardest part is done. And fortunately mostly painless.

I appreciate the additional info about your step mother. I thought that was the case and it could very well play into the dream. So to the Bryan Adams things. Let's take a look.

The historic house. Important issues from the past that perhaps you need to come clean about. Or perhaps issues in the present that affect emotions of the past. This issue is important or is an important part of your life {huge room}. The cold water in the bath. Reflecting certain 'cold' emotional issues in your life?

The pool. Deflated, childhood. Hallways often represent connections between the conscious and unconscious. That could reflect the past, which influences the present {emotion wise}.

On the edge of society. That probably has personal connotations for you. Getting your dog away from the other dogs, without getting hurt. This is on your mind, affects your thinking {toward some aspect of your life}.
Other than this one emotional situation your life is good and with a good outlook.

The fact that the dream does switch to the Bryan Adams concert and involves your Dad and step mother probably does have importance. Looking at my above observations the dream may be dealing with the relationship with your step mother. Your step mother is doing something you don't like {Bryan Adams} and is too old to fit in {old may represent the past-fitting in with you/father relationship}.

Of course I'm using the info you provided about your step mother in a large way with my interpretation. I probably would have come up with something similar with the info {why I asked about your real mother}. But it could fit. Is this what you were looking to in your own interpretation, the relationship with your step mother?

I'll take another look at the dream in the morning. My intuitive self works better then and I sense there may be more to the dream.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Lesley,
Another look at your dream brought about these observations.
There are aspects of your life that need cleansing, although your life in general is 'usual'. There may be a need to 'redraw' or revise certain attitudes. It is an attitude that is controllable and is something within yourself that needs to be worked out before making any public comments or commitments. You may have attempted in a small way to address this issue{s} but other forces persuaded you not to continue. It is dealing with events that are ongoing. You are aware of the situation but it is not of such a concern to alter you normal behavior or routine.

'Flipping' to the concert involving your Dad and 'his' wife. There is probably a connection. Something you don't particularly like and something they are too old for. Something has to be 'forced' before it can be enjoyable. And then there must be pretense.

Perhaps this will help putting it together.

Gerard

Gerard,

thanks again for your reply. I have indeed had a huge issue this year with my marriage being in great distress and some of that has an historic element to it. That room was massive! Recently though I have been able to take back some control and have as you rightly interpretated have more that is ongoing. As I have children I think you're correct in saying that I don't want any big changes or 'alter my routine' too much.
The cleansing was something I got but hadn't associated the coldness of the water with aspects of my life. Either my coldness or husband/other people? I'll think about that one.
The dreaming about hallways certainly makes sense. And feeling on the fringes of things is something I'm aware I do to have a little self preservation. I am addressing this issue and coming into the light again! I do feel much more positive you're right.
As for my Dad maybe because as he is older and I have two 21 year old half sisters in the frame, is focusing the mind? Especially with another parent/woman in the mix? What I don't like is the influence of someone on my father who doesn't have everyone's best interests at heart, sadly.
Gerard thanks for this. It has given me a lot to think about and has left me feeling very positive when actually the dream itself left me feeling frustrated and stuck still.
Lesley x

Lesley,
To the extent you are now feeling positive, that is definitely good news. The intent of our dreams is to help work through the emotional issues. You are obviously aware of your situation and your awareness is noteworthy and an indication of the intelligence you possess. All too often there is too much focus on how to improve the outer life without working on the inner. An awareness of the inner self is the royal road forward in improving the whole life, and I feel confident you will succeed, royally. Keep us apprised of the progress.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present