Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mountain killer

It's the evening and I and some friend decide we will go climb a mountain the next day. I’m the first one to get up in the morning and I get ready for the day. I’m driving alone to go to the mountain and I realize I have forgotten my cell phone so I call my girlfriend to ask about it. (Witch makes no sense because I can’t call if I don’t have my cell phone) She is at my parent’s house and she can’t find it. We stop at my grade school and someone distributes papers to each of us with some kind of top secret instructions. We all have a picture of a different person in our papers. These four persons show up and walk toward us. I feel the meeting will end up in a shooting or something and I try to hide behind walls or people. When they get close, the two groups mix and everybody moves in a close and tensed way (kind of like on a dance floor). I’m scared someone will shoot us anytime so I hide behind a guy from my group. I end up dancing with a girl from the other group. She lies on the floor and shows me a breast. I kneel next to her and gently kiss her naked breast. I’m in love. I give her a fake tattoo. (I don’t know where this comes from? I don’t have a tattoo or tattooed anyone) Now another really attractive girl in a red and black dress shows us her leg witch has like 6 or 7 of the same tattoo and laugh. I feel I’ve been setup. We are now at the mountain we wanted to climb. It seems there have been multiple murders on the top of the mountain lately. I’m nervous about going there. We want to catch the killer but we have no plan. The killer is among us. I understand the killer drives his victims crazy with some kind of magic before he kills them. One of my friends begins to act weird and paranoid. He has read a book he should not have. He is hook on it now. I know who the killer his but I have no proof. We all sit in a circle and I get mad at the killer. I yell and violently break the center table. I want to get to the top of the mountain to finish this but I don’t want him to doubt that I’m on to him. I apologize and give him a hug. I feel something in my chest as we hug. We separate and he starts laughing. He holds a poison needle that he has put into me. Now I know I will become hill and he says something like “now everybody will think it is you who has done it” and laugh in a very evil way. I’m doomed. I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Québec Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Mountain killer

Jp,
It is most likely this dream is addressing some personal issue in your life and to determine exactly what that is would require a lot more info about you, and perhaps what has transpired in your life days prior to the dream. One thing that is clear is you are attempting to climb a mountain. What is the metaphor the mountain represents would be the first question to be answered. I'm confident this is an inner conflict {the people in your dream, none have names, are most likely aspects of your own psyche}.

How else would you communicate without a cell phone {inner communication}?

Look at the narrative of the dream and break it down in personal terms {compare to your waking life}. I could give my guesses to the possibilities but if is that inner conflict {having to do with ego and waking personality} then I would be grasping at straws {I am at times successful even doing that}. But since you are aware of how dreams function to some degree I'll let you do the leg work and reply back so we can narrow the possibilities. I do sense there is a desire to secure wholeness. The number 4 and the circle most always point to that.

Breasts, girls and a book that one is hooked on. Is that a clue? Killers are usually those things that work against us internally. Doubt may be an issue also. If you do succeed in reaching the top, most likely it will a need to overcome these doubts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard

Sorry I took so long to reply.

I'm still having trouble with this one. In fact, I'm in complete darkness. My current situation may be a bit long thing to explain on this forum too.

I see the mountain could relate to some changes I want to make in my professional life but do not do. Still, I have trouble making sense of the other parts of the dream. Mountains and the number 4 have come a few times in my recent dreams. I really feel there is somthing in this (specially the end with the needle thing) but can't make any sense out of it. I need to meditate this a bit longuer I guess. Sometimes it takes months and then all of a sudden, it all seems to make sense.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Strangely enough I had a dream last night in witch I am being attaceked just before I wake up.

I cannot remember so clearly the whole context but in the end, I'm in a house I don't know and I'm looking for a cat. I find the cat and he sleeps in a basket with a mouse in a very cute fashion. They are friends and sleep close to one an other. I want to show this to my girlfriend. I need to take the cat and move away the mouse. The cat goes away and some old lady come from the basment. It seems I'm in her house and so I'm scared she will be afrraid of me. As I am about to let her know I don't meen no harm, the mouse jumps at me from a table and bites my neck. I wake up.

Jp,
I'm trying to get a grip on whether these dreams are about current waking experiences or deeper personal experiences. Are there any unresolved emotional issues in your life? If not then the dreams are most likely addressing current waking issues.

{And to a lesser extent deeper emotional issues. The deeper issues may have more to do with personality development in early life that influence your actions/emotions in your current waling life}

Let's try to resolve this and then work on the possibilities.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi G,

There are a few unreasolve emotionnal issues in my life. I don't know yet just what I'm here for. I have a good understanding of who I am but I might lack the will to quit my current comfortable situation for a unknown future as I have like everybody a few financial ties(I do also work for my dad for the past 2 years witch could create tension if i was to quit for something else. It is also hard to start over without the support from our parents right). I feel that my ambitions are far from beihing met and know I could do better. So my reason and my intuition are in conflict here. My reason wants me to stay because it serves my physical and security needs but my intuition tells me I need to move on to something else. I do trust my intuition but I may lack the guts and maybe the support to act. This, I guess, is a mix of deep emotions and current situation and it might be the reason why you have trouble interpreting witch is witch... anyways... hope it helps you.

Jp,
The main reason I ask about deeper personal issues is because of your age. At 26, presuming a 'normal' 26 year old psyche, you are still forming that ego identity, and much of the time in a 26 year old life is dedicated to that. And your dreams will reflect unresolved emotional issues from these waking experiences. An older person's dreams, age 45/50 and over, will have dreams reflecting unresolved issues from throughout life {including the current waking life}. There is more of a looking back in an older person's life, while a younger person is looking forward. Death is a reality, health issues begin to be part of life for an older person. The focus is different. And what we focus on, consciously and unconsciously, is what we dream about.

But if a younger person has had 'negative' experiences earlier in life, affecting psychological growth, their dreams will reflect the unresolved issues. Unresolved emotions are what come up in our dreams, in symbolic/metaphorical symbols and language.

Let me give some thought and more attention to your last post and posted dream. I'll give it a better inspection in the morning. I'll try to address that 'intuitive' aspect in a way that hopefully will lend insights to what it means.

As for meaning. The sermon of the flower probably says it best.

THE FLOWER SERMON

Toward the end of his life, the Buddha took his disciples to a quiet pond
for instruction. As they had done so many times before, the Buddha’s followers
sat in a small circle around him, and waited for the teaching.

But this time the Buddha had no words. He reached into the muck and pulled
up a lotus flower. And he held it silently before them, its roots dripping mud
and water.

The disciples were greatly confused. Buddha quietly displayed the lotus to
each of them. In turn, the disciples did their best to expound upon the
meaning of the flower: what it symbolized, and how it fit into the body of
Buddha’s teaching.

When at last the Buddha came to his follower Mahakasyapa, the disciple
suddenly understood. He smiled and began to laugh. Buddha handed the lotus to
Mahakasyapa and began to speak.

“What can be said I have said to you,” smiled the Buddha, “and what cannot
be said, I have given to Mahakashyapa.”

Mahakashyapa became Buddha’s successor from that day forward.

Joseph Campbell spoke of it as 'the flower is just there'. There is no meaning. What's the meaning of a flea? It's just there.

Meaning comes in life. We must find our own meaning.
And the 'intuitive' has much to do with finding meaning.

Gerard

Jp,
To address some of your comments in your last post.

"I have a good understanding of who I am but I might lack the will to quit my current comfortable situation for a unknown future."

I take it this is in response to the 'hero call to adventure'. This is when you leave your comfortable world behind to experience that adventure of the heart. Here are my thoughts.

One, you need to have some understanding of what your adventure is. If you are unsure as to that adventure, then perhaps it is not time for you. To force the adventure can be as wrong as not taking it. The time will come, and it will call you. You will know, and with courage and understanding you heed the call.

"Leaving your comfortable position behind". Part of 'knowing' the call is when that position becomes untenable, or so opposite to who you are and/or what you seek you can no longer stay with it. The old 'you' has transformed into something new, something different, and something you will consciously realize when it actually happens.

"as I have like everybody a few financial ties(I do also work for my dad for the past 2 years witch could create tension if i was to quit for something else. It is also hard to start over without the support from our parents right".

The financial ties you can work on, discovering ways that let you do without that support. Making a living is something that gets in the way for us all. Finding ways to make that less important is part of the adventure {in the 21st century it requires so much just to survive}. Once you discover your '"bliss' you will naturally seek ways to give all your energies to that bliss. And when you do the "helping hands of fate will guide you through the maze of society. It isn't an easy path, nor a short one. But it all falls into place in time.

"It is also hard to start over without the support from our parents right"?

Perhaps this is part of the message of your dreams. A need to 'do without the support from your parents'. Are you overly reliant on your parents? This could be a personality trait from childhood. The adventure is an individual task and no one can do it for you. There can be sages and teachers along your path but letting go of the inherent rules is a must. Separation means a complete separation of need by the adventurer {you}. You are on your own, with only fate and nature to help you along your journey.

OK. This is where the intuitive aspect comes into play. When you have to face the world alone, the skills available to you depends on the philosophy of life you choose. The hero let's nature take the lead. In Jungian psyche, and I've witnessed and experienced this many times in my journey, nature is feminine, the Great Mother {I don't propose you take up a religion based on this terminology-I don't discourage it either}. Within the psyche we all possess intuitive qualities, knowing without actually outwardly knowing. If you trust solely the masculine {our world is so masculine oriented, we have rejected the feminine} you are not fully utilizing what nature has provided. The feminine aspects of the psyche are the higher qualities, not the masculine. Put your 'faith' in that and all will proceed as it should.

At 26 you are still in that ego stage of growing and realizing. But since you have realized there is something more to life than just the material world, you are starting early to put that inner life upfront. This is something that usually occurs at mid-life {I was 42 when I first realized the call}.

And what is the call? It is the voice that summons the awakening of the inner self, of creativity, spirituality and following your bliss {that thing in life that is most fulfilling}. From birth to mid-life we spend our time looking outwards, seeking material rewards. When you realize the call you begin to look inward, psychologically, and cast off those desire for material worth in favor of the inner worth.

An artist doesn't sleep or eat until the art is completed. A musician spends his/her days thinking of lyrics to the next song {which reflects something from the heart/soul}. Someone like myself works toward a time when all of my energies can be given to my dream work and maintaining and expanding my Myths-Dreams-Symbols web site. It is my way of giving back what I've learned. It is my bliss.

These are the inner rewards, something we all possess, something that is natural. The hero myth is universal but the message is for the individual, discovering ones own myth. Is it time to begin that serious search? Yes! Is it time to cast off all of the old, forsake your financial needs and just get up and go? Most likely no. Unlike the myths of old few people can just get up and go. The best route is to start planning for the journey, and along the way discovering your true bliss. That is what occurred with me. Discovered Campbell, then Jung, then web design, and 15 years later {Oh my God! 15 years!}, here I am, sitting here trying to convey what I have learned from my experiences. I love doing this, not just because it fulfills my bliss, but like the hero's of all time it gives back to others so they too can discover the wholeness and balance they seek.

So, Jp, are you ready for the adventure? Or are you unsure? Either way you have already set forth the perimeters of your life and to refuse the call would be disastrous. I suggest you put your time into discovering your true bliss, and at the same time unshackling yourself from those things that held you together as a child and youth. It need not have a time frame as long as you are seriously working towards those ends. Build on the positive qualities you possess and work on disassembling the negatives. It is first and foremost a psychological adventure, remember that.

A lot to digest. Let me know your thoughts. Thinking about 'it' is how you discover 'it'. My first intent is toward that 'thinking'. The rest comes in a natural order.

Gerard

A lot to digest indeed.

But your replys does reassure me.
I think I might have stressed a bit wanting to change things in a hurry. My proffessionnal situation got uncomfortable and I felt a hurge to react quickly without realy knowing where to go. I just knew I wanted to be somewhere else, but where?

I took things in hands and informed my boss "dad" that I was uncomfortable in my current situation and that I would look for new avenues if things did not change. To my supprise he seemed very open. I think the mountains in my dreams might have represented the task of comunicating this to my dad witch was very hard for me. (I also had few phones in my dreams too and guilt was ofthen present)

I'm still looking for my bliss, and I don't feel I will find it in this job, but I will not rush anything. I am open to my bliss so I will not miss it when it comes. I guess I just got scared I might have missed out on it and you made me realized it might just have not come yet witch is very reassuring.

Thanks for your time Gerard!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present