Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
laundry machine and plastic baby dolls

My dream starts out in our laundry area, with my mom and dad there. The washing machine is pulled out, and mom is trying to fix it or pull something out of it or something. A baby doll pops out, and mom, startled, pulls out a shotgun and shoots it. It goes back into the machine. It then transforms into a raccoon and crawls out. For some reason, I'm terrified of it. I grab the shotgun and run after it into the main part of our basement, crying all the while. I finally line up the sights, but I can't shoot it. My dad comes over, concerned, and says "Does it really bother you this much?" I then wake up, nearly hysterical.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^.^

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: laundry machine and plastic baby dolls

Sera,
Trying to get into the mind of a 15 year old can be most difficult, more so than if you were say 40. But let's do our best.

Since you and your parents are involved in the dream play there is a likelihood it involves all three {with you of course being the primary focus}. And it may be dealing with some sort of fear you possess, something that your mother in particular has tried to help you resolve. This thing, this fear, is probably something you have tried to get rid of but have been able to do so. Your father is probably less emotional about it than your mother {she is trying to help get rid of it while he only shows concern}.

We need to determine what is 'terrifying' you since in the dream you are terrified by some thing. What you should do is to look at recent events in your life where your mother has tried to help resolve something that frightens you. And the spoken words of your father may be actual speech he has used concerning this event{s}. The baby doll symbolism may have meaning in your waking life, with the raccoon representing changes, perhaps to do with something physical that is happening with you. At 15 you are undergoing a lot of changes and this dream may be addressing those changes.
Take what I have suggested with your parents and recent events and see if they fit somewhere. Let me know what you come up with and we'll go from there. Again, a young person's dreams are often harder to understand than those of an older person. It may take some effort but with your help we should be able to determine what changes are frightening you.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Well, here's what I've come up with. For a while now I've noticed that my mom sees 'evil' in a lot of things, and doesn't exactly approve of some of the friends I have. She also seems to think that I'm becoming evil, having made comments such as 'why don't you just go hang out with your magic friends and forget church?' It hurts quite a bit, and my dad either doesn't seem to care or agrees. The problem is, as this is going on, there's times when I wonder if I am a bit evil like she says, and the thought scares me.
Lately she's taken to trying to make me 'see the light'. It really bothers me, shoving religion down my throat.

Does this fit?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Sera,
Thanks for your follow-up response. I believe we can get to the core of the dream with your response. Let's look at a scenario that may explain the symbology, and meaning of your dream.

It all comes out in the wash. The washing machine would be the cleansing your mother wishes to put you through, spiritual wise. She is trying to 'fix you', the 'dirty' thoughts you have about religion {I am assuming you and your friends are engaging in something other than traditional religion, or what she considers appropriate behavior}. The baby doll would represent this new thing within you. But her resistance forces you to hold in it {your views}. Raccoons often represent deception and this is how she makes you feel, or how you must act due to her attitude. What you are terrified of is most Kiley being forced to accept something you don't believe in {or religion itself}. Unconsciously {basement} you want to 'kill' this attitude she possesses {not consciously wanting to harm your mother}. Your dad, as you state in your response, is passive and goes along with her.

This dream could easily be addressing these issues. The above scenario may not fit perfectly but probably has some merit. As for your rebellion against her cramming religion down your throat. You have your own mind and must decide for yourself what to believe and what not to believe. It may be best to find ways to temper her attitude while not giving in to her wishes. That may be hard to do. Having gone through the same experience as a child {I was once a Christian but abandoned that after learning about other religions} I can understand her concern {my mother still worries about my soul}. If you and your friends are engaged in what many consider cult religions, that make it even harder. But again, you must decide for yourself.

What is your spiritual beliefs? Does it involve Wicca or other earth based religions? If so expect criticism from all over, and into your adult life. But Wicca is not an evil religion. It is merely misunderstood. And Christianity's attitude toward other religions is always condemning. One reason I no longer can accept it.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

At the moment, I'm still trying to find a religion that somewhat meshes with my beliefs. I have one friends who's Wiccan, and another who's also in the process of deciding.

Thank you for helping me with my dream, but the way, and it renews my faith in humanity (at least a small percentage) to be open minded!

Sear,
Do keep an open mind. There are other spiritual philosophies that are more worthy than what we believe in the West. Buddhism, although more a psychology than a religion, is one of them. Closer to home Native American spirituality is worth the time in knowing. Both of these philosophies do not deny the feminine aspect. A patriarchal system must deny the feminine to retain its power.
Jesus lived from the feminine. God, a warrior, the masculine.

Gerard

I've been searching through quite a lot of religions all over the world. The only problem is, quite a few of them make sense. At the moment I'm looking at Unitarian Universalism, but there are debates as to whether it's an actual religion. Ah, well. It's isn't as though I have to choose now, you know. I have a bit of time to search.

Sera,
The Unitarian/Universalism church is a great organization. I was a member years a few years ago and still attend occasionally. They don't require any one belief system and often have Buddhist and other Eastern philosophies as a part of their services. The first time I attended one of their services they had an injured hawk, owl and eagle {state conservation dept. brought them}. Talk about feeling the energies of nature. UU is probably the most acceptable church for me. Unitarians are considered to more humanists. Thomas Jefferson even embraced their spiritual philosophy.

I also recommend Unity churches as a good place to attend. Although they teach from the bible they don't take it literally and like UU they have lessons on Eastern philosophies also.

Both Unity and UU are inclusive. They don't discriminate against gays, Wiccans, secularists, etc. {I've met a lot of men and women from different backgrounds and it is a good lesson in understanding other people's way of life}. Everyone is welcome.

And of course there are many other nature based religions like Wicca. And many Eastern philosophies that are superior in their knowledge. And you are right. You don't need to choose now. Explore all the religions. But stay away from those that force you to believe that there is only one truth, one religion. That leads to radicalism, exclusion.
WWJD/WWBD

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present