Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the roman centurian

hi,
i would welcome thoughts on this dream,as i find it amazing the subjects the unconscious comes up with to make a point,
the dream.
i am a roman centurian who has just finished my service,
i am given a weeks wages enough to get me to rome,
on arrival i seek out a trader,who looks a bit like one of the magi,
he lifts a rug in the room to reveal a hidden trapdoor which he opens,
i descend down a ladder followed by the old man,
the room below is vast and stored with artifacts and goods from all over the world,
the old man asks me to carry out various tasks in this store house,
i realise he is testing me,trying to find out what i am capable of doing,
with a view to giving me a job,

regards cavebear.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: the roman centurian

cavebear,
The dream seems take on the plot of a combination of mythical events. The hero path is visibly demonstrated using several universal motifs. The one that stands out for me is the trap door. It reminds me of Campbell's lesson about the one 'hidden thing'. Of course that thing is to be found within the deep unconscious and there must be a descent into the depths to realize it. And of course the old man {wise old man} is the wisdom discovered within those depths.
Life is a series of trials {tests} and revelations and of course it is the wisdom within that helps us overcome the trials.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: the roman centurian

hi gerard,
i looked at the archetypes used in the movie gladiator to start with,as i felt there was some sort of connection with the symbology,
putting aside all the blood ,guts and gore in the story,the theme is that of the hero journey,
interestingly enough the arab looking wise old man is in the movie playing the same role,(oliver reed)
what caught my attention was his name,proximo,which translated from latin ,proximus, into english,
means ,that which is closest,nearest,next.
as you have stated,we need the helping hands of the wise old man to uncover that which is hidden,
the wise old guy proximo,in the movie story did the same for maximus,by saying to him,learn from me,and you will have your freedom,
i remember jung saying somwhere that relating dream to myth can be beneficial,or words to that effect,
this is something i am enjoying learning about.
regards cavebear

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present