Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A SYNCHRONISTIC ENCOUNTER: Where Dreams and Waking Life Intersect

Here is a page I believe will interest all good Jungians. Its Jungian but it also illustrates Joseph Campbell's articulation of the inner journey's manifestation in the waking life, "follow your bliss".
Chance encounters.... Synchronicity? Life changing events that seem to occur 'as if it was intended that way'. Natural theology.

From the page:

Jung had said that the cause of suffering and neurosis was not finding our true vocation.
The point is that if we follow our inner voice we will find our true vocation, snap out of our neurosis and heal our suffering, or so says Jung.

Where Dreams and Waking Life Intersect.

Paul Levy is an artist and a spiritually-informed political activist

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A SYNCHRONISTIC ENCOUNTER: Where Dreams and Waking Life Intersect

gerard,
many thanks for this,
interesting the feelings he had about ,not wanting to be seen as a lunatic,so keeping quite,
i can say with all honesty,i know how he feels,i have been there myself,even down to his experience of two worlds,
the advice given by his mentor was i thought very refreshing,as i believe this type of experience is not a disease to be cured,
the bridge building he mentioned has great significance,and is something i am engaged in myself,
i can breath a sigh of relief in the knowledge that its not just me then!.
cavebear

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: A SYNCHRONISTIC ENCOUNTER: Where Dreams and Waking Life Intersect

cavebear,
His experience codifies my own understanding of the metaphysical process {but not supernatural}. And my strong support of Jungian psyche. It is in the creative Self, which is an extension of the spiritual Self {natural theology}, that you find the center, balance and harmony. It is first a psychological process. But there must the physical act of living life from the spiritual. That is where mythology plays it role, the universal patterns of behavior that we inherently relate to. And in dreams where the archetypal images displays our true life's condition, and exposes the personal myth, with therapeutic results.

A SYNCHRONISTIC ENCOUNTER

The piece probably struck me as relevant since I plan to do some type of workshops in the Middle Tn. area this spring. {SYNCHRONISTIC ENCOUNTERS}. I've worked toward those ends for awhile now and think the time right to do this. Of course the focus will be on Jungian psyche, dreams, Campbell, spirituality, Individuation {Process}. I'm expecting most who would interested will be female and most in their 40s and 50s. The mid-life thing is important to understand. At 57 I'm on the back end of that stage. Using Jung, equating spirituality and creativity to a more balanced and harmonious life has helped me and may help others find direction in their journey. I know it will be a learning experience for me and I look forward to it. I see it as the next step in my evolution.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: A SYNCHRONISTIC ENCOUNTER: Where Dreams and Waking Life Intersect

gerard,
i whole heartedly agree,great idea starting a workshop,as you say ,a natural progression,
perhaps this is the return threshold of sorts for you ,
i am pretty sure the gold you bring out of the forest will not turn to dust,
if you build it,people will come!
cavebear.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present