Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the cauldron of plenty

hi,
i wanted to post this latest dream not so much for interpretation as i know what it refers to,
but for a ref to an analogy with a myth,
the dream,
i am invited to participate as a guest in a meal provided by a tribe who's language i have had difficulty understanding,(language of dreams)
a metal cauldron like pot is placed on the table,
it contains a deliscious stew,
i am not sure of the customs of the people i am with,
but to my right a female,middle aged with very young smooth brown skin,tells me that the pot is contiuosly added to,and is therefore a neverending supply of sustanance,
she also tells me how i am to conduct myself,
and can speak both my language and that of the tribe,

i offer the food to others at first as it only seems polite,
but as i am the guest,they beckon me to have first dip,
seems the pot stays in the centre of the table,and everyone dips bread in,
i thank them all for the hospitality they have shown me,and especially the female for keeping me right,and allowing me to follow her cue,

i have an interest in the grail myths,and my research led me to the cauldron of plenty from celtic mythology,the grail being virtualy the same thing,
this is one of those myth images i had consciously forgotten about,
i am aware of the symbology from a jungian point
of view,right down to the anima figure,(the female)
as guide and go-between,
stands with fists from dances with wolves came to mind,infact the whole dream felt like this first clumsey ,communication/contact theme,

feel i have been dipped in magic waters.
cavebear.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: the cauldron of plenty

Cavebear,
Haven't forgotten your dream post. Will give it a look later today.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Cavebear,
The power of the feminine. Keeps you centered, creative and prosperous. If only our Judo-Christian society could let itself submit to her powers. Too much to ask I'm afraid.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

gerard,
was it jo campbell that mentioned,
religion is a defence against a true religious experience,
your words reminded me of this.
and i feel that the feminine aspect is the bridge that connects,that religio,the link, that campbell and jung talk about.
its one thing to read the stuff,
but another to experience it.
cavebear

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52-yk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Cavebear,
The experience of being alive. I believe it requires an acceptance of the feminine to truly feel alive. We need only look at our patriarchal systems of religion and see how lost man is without the feminine {feminine body and psyche}.
You are right on about Campbell's quote. A true religious experience must include the feminine {the feminine often symbolizes spirituality and creativity}.

Gerard

Re: Re: the cauldron of plenty

gerard,
following up your words on accepting the feminine,
i was led to the ancient celtic myths of the cauldron of dagda,and the myth of the hero cuhulin and the morrigan,
and the final lesson was exactly as you mentioned in regard to the acceptance of the feminine,
cuhulins misfortune was that he never recognised the feminine power of sovereignty that she,morrigan offered him,
cuhulin was the personification of the absolute masculine ego,he didn't need the help of the feminine so he thought,
what he didn't realise was that it was the morrigan who gave him his strength and power,and she can and did take it away,
this is a great myth which unfortunatly as you say ,is still being played out today.
this myth has helped me to realise and understand the archetype that is the feminine ,and the gifts she bears,
great stuff.
cavebear

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52-yk

stats from 7-14-10 to the present