Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Neck, metal pieces

I feel something on my neck. I go to the mirror and see that a shiny smooth silver piece of metal has come out of a sort of pimple (approx. the size of half an eraser and the oval shape of an eye). It wasn't painful. I see that there is another one to the left of it in the middle of my neck - another piece comes out. I feel around and see that there is another. I wondered why these 3 metal things were coming out of my neck and if there were more. I kept having flashes of this dream throughout the day, and I felt weird (can't find a better word?) every time I thought of the dream...?
Thanks for any insight.
M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? N

Re: Neck, metal pieces

MD,
Since the dream starts with you looking into a mirror the symbols may be reflecting on aspects of yourself, particularly the emotional self. And since the area that is the primary focus is the neck we may be looking at a division of what the head wants as opposed to what the heart desires {neck-relationship between body and spirit, mental and physical}. The shiny pieces of silver metal often is symbolic of strength {metal} that is needed to support the creative, spiritual or even that part of you which is most important for a balanced life {the thing you love most, pertaining to the real desires that sustain you}.

Something is wanting/needing to come out about yourself. I sense it is addressing those things you desire from your heart but can not obtain perhaps due to the head {mental activities could range from those aspects about yourself that prevent you from possessing that thing of the heart to social duty being what gets in your way}. Since there are 3 it may indicate a need/desire for balance and harmony of body, mind and spirit. Searching for more may indicate you are 'searching' for this balance.

You are at the age {38} where mid-life issues start to set in {commonly known as the mid-life crisis}. Have you recently had thoughts, discussions or reflections on this aspect of life? In particular have there been thoughts of either spiritual or creative aspects? Or thoughts having to do with those things in life that are dearest to your heart? Look at these possibilities and let me know your thoughts. Your follow-up reply may help us better understand those things that were first an irritation {pimple} but over time evolve to something that really need to come out.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,
Thank you so much for your quick reply and insight... I would say I jumped on this journey of "mid-life adventure" since the age of 30 due to "life." It was more of a spiritual and emotional journey. It seems that now that my children are teenagers my heart is trying to embark on a creative journey, but (as you said) my head keeps getting in the way (as a strong critic and doubter). My heart has always wanted to go in one direction, but my head kept/keeps coming up with excuses.

So far, that is the biggest split that occurs within me. If there is another, I am not aware of it yet.

Hope this helps clarify or add.
Thanks again!
MD
Thank you again.
M

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

oops... typo

MD,
Thanks for the follow-up response. I believe we have
hit upon something in the dream and your life. Hopefully it will clarify what direction you need to take for the future.

Your creative journey which you speak of fits with the dream. As we age the focus of intent should be on the creative. Joseph Campbell teaches us that a harmonious life is one that is based on the creative Self. When we are young we tend to focus on ego and the material world. As life passes us by we 'should' spend more time on the creative aspect. But as life goes social duty {work, responsibilities, obligations} keeps us from achieving those creative goals. The head gets in the way of the heart.

But don't give up. Give as much time as you can to the creative Self. Follow your heart and life opens up like a flower awakening with the morning sun. It requires patience and discipline. It is a vital aspect in the success of the hero/heroine journey. But with perseverance you will realize that creative Self and it will be rewarding.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,
Thank you again.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present