Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
old woman holding a rose

in my dream an old woman grew very attached to me. she was adamant that i receive a red rose she was holding. any insights into what this dream means? thanks in advance :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 & australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: old woman holding a rose

Anna,
Such a short dream has many possibilities. Considering your age {17} and older woman could represent wisdom. Roses are connected to the heart. Romance? Virginity.

Are you in a relationship? Are there pressures that you face that require wisdom? This may be what the dream is addressing. But again so many possibilities. Let me know your situation in romance and perhaps we can eliminate that, or perhaps it fits.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

i'm not currently in a relationship. my last was too intense & put me off relationships for a while, so i just had a few flings. now though i suppose i am looking more for a stable relationship. in my dream the old woman did not seem as much wise as she did a tad senile, obsessed with me receiving the rose, desperate for companionship maybe? hmmmmm. o and i'm not a virgin.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 & australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Anna,
The extra info can make a difference. Knowing what the old woman was doing can have a great bearing on the possibilities. The smallest details can give clues to the dream message.

If we eliminate actual old women in your life {do you have a grandmother or an acquaintance that is old and senile?} then the symbolism of the old woman probably reflects some aspect of yourself. Roses more often symbolize romance. Perhaps since you are not in a relationship you may feel you may feel you will get old before you have a real romance. The old woman in that case is offering you the rose as a symbol of love. She may have missed out on romance which would represent your own fears of missing out.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present