Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Smoke, Blood and Makeover

Interesting one:

I dreamt I had entered my apartment after being out. The apartment is dark and I see grey plumes of smoke coming out of the oven part of my stove. In the dream I am thinking that I cooked yesterday and that the stove should be off, so I head over to take a look to see what is going on. I was looking for a flame and saw nothing and saw that the stove was off. After not seeing where the smoke was coming from (no source) I noticed that the smoke stopped altogether.

So I left my kitchen and was in my bathroom. Not to be crass with the next imagery, but I was sitting on the toilet and I was bleeding profusely. I was concerned because I was not menstruating and why was I bleeding so much? I was unable to curtail it. It was quite heavy. I remember the number 3, that I checked myself 3 times. After the third time (and using the toilet) the bleeding slowed. (I got some control)

I was then standing in an empty horse stable. There was a girl in her 20's there to greet me (no one I know) telling me "congratulations on completing your makeover". I gave her a shy smile. She was blonde and was wearing a blue polo shirt (bright blue) She then told me that for completing it I have literally won the clothes off her back and that she would mail them to me (khakis, the polo and a long sleeved tshirt) I was flattered and surprised. she took my info and then told me that I missed another woman who had also completed her makeover just a moment ago. I had said it was a shame I couldn't meet her.

These 3 things are all I can remember, and they feel like they have signifigance. I appreciate the outside insight!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31, Buffalo, NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Smoke, Blood and Makeover

Jackie,
Many of the symbols in your dream seem to be addressing some type of transformation, changes or desired changes. What ever it is you probably have been given thought to it {oven, incubation} but have yet to determine the best course of action. There may be days when this transformation is more prevalent in your life.

The second paragraph seems to be another description of the first. Energies that are trying to flow {flame and blood} which are not common {not menstruating} are heavy at times but subside after you give attention to it {smoke stopped altogether, bleeding slowed}. Toilets often symbolize elimination, something within the unconscious that needs purging or recognition. When you do give attention to this aspect you begin to gain control.

Do you ever wish you could have a makeover of who you are. You are shy but the girl in the dream is more outgoing {blonds have more fun}. Clothes symbolizes persona, appearances. Perhaps you feel a 'makeover' would make you a different person {the 3rd lady who has completed her makeover}. All the 3s in your dream could be a wish for wholeness and fulfillment.

Has there recently been thoughts of some type of transformation, a makeover of who you are? Look at my interpretation and determine what parts fit {if any}. Your response may help narrow the possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard -

Thank you for taking the time to review my dream. Hm. I'm giving this some thought. There have definately been some changes and I've also been thinking about things in a new way.

I've noticed a lot lately that I've lived "safe" and not taken risks that I believe could prove beneficial to my life and well being.

I'm going to ponder this some more and get back to you upon some further discovery.

It's funny though when I saw the smoke I was thinking "where there's smoke there's fire" (first cliche) but in the dream there wasn't any, so it fizzled that thought!

I appreciate the outside take on the imagery. I knew there was something significant about everything, since I'm still thinking about it.

I'll post again after digesting your interpretation.

Thank you again!

Jackie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Jackie,
Strange that you mention the phrase 'where there's smoke there's fire'. That was an original thought I had, but also dismissed it.

That's part of dream work. If it fits you will know it. If it doesn't, you often know that also. With practice the intuitive aspect of a dream filters through in the dream symbols. Intuition is a keen aspect in understanding dreams.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I have been thinking about this more and will say that I've been thinking of "making over" myself and belief at the same time that that is what I have been doing internally. Over the course of the past month that has been happening....so I can see the make over part of the dream.

I know sometimes I've had worries/concerns about certain aspects of my life that have been without merit. (no foundation) which does make e belief the stove incident was perhaps reflective of that.

I thank you for your interpretive angle because it allows me to step out and really view the dream at a different angle that isn't limited and that allows me to see it differently.

Jackie

stats from 7-14-10 to the present