Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clown executions

Hi, I had a very disturbing dream lastnight. I don't remember that much detail, but certain parts were very vivid and remain in my memory.

In particular, at one point in the dream I was stood in a collosseum before a row of sad clowns with their hands tied behind their backs. A big man with a scemitar came and started crucifying the clowns by carving a vertical leaf shape from chest to stomach, with another incision from the bottom point to halfway up the leaf shape.

The audience cheered and laughed as I looked on in horror. One clown in particular stood out as he did not fall instantly to his knees like the others, but remained standing despite being in obvious agony. The crowd laughed most for him.

Also frequently in this dream were big, jumping tarantulas which seemed to be especially interested in me and trying to bite me. I am acutely Arachnaphobic and at several points found myself paralysed with fear and unable to remove the spiders from my body. I screamed out to the people around me for help but everyone ignored me.

Also I rode my old school bus from 10 years back. Bob Dylan was on there too.

Anyone have any ideas what any of this might mean, before I have myself committed??

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 Hampshire

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Clown executions

Robyn,
Swords are used to 'cut' away those things that may be hidden within the unconscious. On the other hand a curved sword {scimitar} has a very distinct shape and may represent an emotional charge that is within your unconscious. If you look at the sword's shape you may recognize the possibilities to what it represents.

This could have significance and I will discuss it more later.

Let's look back at the school bus, more precisely the inclusion of the time frame of 10 years ago. Were there any emotional experiences during that period of time in your life? The significance of Bob Dylan being in the dream is probably personal {and only you can understand} but may be related to that period of time. Look back and give some deep thought to 10 years ago and see what comes up.

Clowns are often a reflection of your own feelings and emotions. In your dream the clowns are sad. But they are also male which may be directed at what causes sadness in your life. Although in your waking life these emotions are keep under control {what causes your sadness}, in your dream life they still exist. The sword would be used to cut away this sadness, openning up to consciousness these deep emotions, and to crucify those emotions so healing can take place. If there experiences that have caused you emotional pain and involve a man or men then perhaps you are wishing to crucify that particular person.

Now to your fear of spiders. Although this {fear of spiders} may be unrelated to the subject of clowns, it may be related to 'fear' itself. The cry for help may be that inner self crying out. That would be related to the sadness in the clowns {you} and a need to let those emotions out {cry for help}.

Back to the sword. There is that real possibility of a Freudian influence. It is very much shaped like a penis. That may or may not apply, only you can determine that. A good possibility is it is related to the 10 year time frame as well as the clowns and the sadness. You would have been 15 ten years ago. Was there any significant sexual experiences during that period of time in your life? Again look back and give some deep thought to that time and see what comes up. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can narrow down the possibilities of the dream message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thankyou for your prompt reply.

Hmmm... The school bus. I was bullied quite relentlessly at school, particularly on the bus. Catching the bus was therefore something I used to dread on a daily basis, though I don't remember being tormented in my dream.

I cannot think of any sexual associations connected with this time - just a general dislike of men - most of the bullies who took a particular aversion to me were male. Perhaps this is significant.

Also recently a close male friend whom I trusted implicitly treated me very badly (a romantic involvement gone wrong), I felt very betrayed and rather jaded by it. I realised I didn't know him like I thought I did. Perhaps he has something to do with the clowns?

I think you are probably right about the spiders. come to think of it my dreams tend to be plagued with them in times of worry. My daughter who is 8 has had a few problems socially at school and I have been very worried about this, as well as some concerns over my adult relationships.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Robyn,
The men 'thing' is probably the stimus for your dream. Hve there been recent experiences with such men? Men can be clowns and your experience could very well be reflected in your deep psyche. Plus the experiences on the bus would explain the 10 year time frame. The sword could very well represent a need to cut away these painful experiences. But it could also represent a need to find remedy for your dislike of men in general. Such an attitude could be detrimental to any future relationships. Dreams have therapeutic value and their intent is to help heal the emotional wounds in life by exposing those aspects that are out of balance.

How long have you had this fear of spiders, do you remember when it began? The underlying stimulus would be interesting to understand, if possible.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Sorry, perhaps I was unclear - as a schoolgirl I had a general dislike of men, I don't any more - most of my friends are male, although I'm sure there are some unresolved issues.

I have been frightened of spiders for as long as I can remember - I'm afraid I can't remember any particular incident which sparked that off.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Robyn,

I read your dream yesterday morning and it took a while but I was able to receive two amplifications on the first part of your dream. To tell you the truth, I didn't know what to do with these amplifications. Whether to pass them onto you or not. It has been a while since I last visited this site. I also had to look at whether the amplifications were for me.

The initial amplification was from the movie "Silence of the Lambs" where the murderer cuts out the leaf shaped skin flaps from the victims to make himself an outer covering of skin. He was obviously after transformation/change from his current situation. In a way he was changing his persona, how he wanted people in the outer world to perceive him.

The second amplification came after about 6 hours. It is the song "Turn me Loose" by Loverboy. I just couldn't stop singing the chorus in my head once it got in there. I couldn't rmemember the lyrics and so checked it out on the Internet. I think you will see the coincidences with your dream. Here are the lyrics.

Turn Me Loose

I was born to run,
I was born to dream,
The craziest boy you ever seen,
I gotta do it my way,
Or no way at all.

And I was here to please,
I’m even on knees
Makin love to whoever I please,
I gotta do it my way,
Or no way at all.

And then you came around,
Tried to tie me down,
I was such a clown,
You had to have it your way,
Or no way at all.

Well I’ve had all I can take,
I can’t take it no more,
I’m gonna pack my bags and fly......baby,
Or no way at all.

So why don’t you turn me lose,
Turn me lose,
Turn me lose,
I gotta do it my way,
Or no way at all.

Why don’t you turn me lose,
Turn me lose,
Turn me lose,
I gotta do it my way,
I wanna fly.

I’m here to please,
I’m even on my knees,
Makin love to whoever I please,
I gotta do it my way,
I gotta do it my way,
And when you came around,
You tried to tie me down,
I was such a clown,
You had to have it your way,
Well I’m sayin no way,

So why don’t you turn me lose,
Turn me lose,
Turn me lose,
I gotta do it my way,
Or no way at all.

Why don’t you turn me lose,
Turn me lose,
Turn me lose,
I gotta do it my way,
I wanna fly.

Repeat

Turn me lose,

Repeat.

My interpretation of this song is about a male who is carefree and a woman who wants his commitment. It seems to co-oberate Gerards symbolism with a relationship.

These amplifications won't give you the interpretation to the dream, but they may give it some depth. Some extra clues as to what it is about. Try connecting it with the recent relationship you had with the guy that betrayed you.

Good Luck.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present