Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lighting matches

I had the weirdest dream last night where my brother and I are young again. He was about 5 and I was 7.
We were both in my parents home upstairs in my parents bedroom.
I had my pajamas on and so did he.
It was nightime and my parents were not in the dream.
When I was upstairs in my room I ran out cause I smelled smoke.
My brother was laughing and there was a small fire
on the rug.
I ran in the bathroom and got a big pan full of water
and put the fire out.
I reprimanded my brother then went back in my room.
All this took place in my parents room.
Again, I smell smoke and my brother lit another
fire....
For the 2nd time, I yelled and ran to get the water and I did put the fire out...
What I don't understand is why my brother was
lighting my parents room on fire?
After the 2nd time this happened...I had then
woke up from the dream....
really troubled.......................
what can all this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 flushing new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: lighting matches

Hi Connie,

Have a look at your dream post on 4th January and see if you can see the main theme between that dream and this one.

Also, what associations do you have with this latest dream?

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hello Stephen...what do you mean by associations in this respect?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Associations are your perceptions, images, fantasies according to certain personal and psychological themes. In other words what thoughts, memories or feelings come to mind as you read through each main component of your dream. What does it remind you of.

Did you spot the theme between your two dreams?

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Connie,
I agree with Stephen's assessment. There seems to be related subject matter between the two dreams. Both address young boys around the age of 5 in interaction with you. Both also show a need for these boys to be given attention {brother lighting fires and sons needing a baby sitter}. Trustworthiness also seems to be an issue. Since there are different boys in each dream it may suggest the dreams are more about experiences with the masculine earlier in life more so than the named individuals {although your brother may be involved with past experiences}.

Also in both dreams are bathrooms, which may suggest there are aspects within your psyche that need elimination or revealing to your conscious mind. Are there any complexes that may involve trust of men or a particular man? My guess is the involvement of boys of a younger age and also in your parents home suggests this possible complex began earlier in life {5 years old, 5 years ago}. There are distinct patterns, the boys, the ages, the bathrooms, parents {yours and you and your husband}. Can you tie them together?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

All I know is that I am a worry wart...worried about my brother when he was little (big sister me)
and worried about my two sons.

Connie,
Thanks for your response. Being a 'worry wart' could very well explain the dreams. Stress and worry or something dreams try to expose, and deal with with all of us. The young boys could represent both your brother {big sister} and sons {mother}. It could also represent your own masculine aspects, a tendency to worry being less than a 'manly' thing. Worry is a natural aspect. Too much worry is not. Dreams are therapeutic, intending to help balance what ever aspects that are out of balance.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Connie,
So what are you worried about now? Something need to be mothered and protected? Playing with fire tends to be related to making a foolish decision.

It's probably within the last 3 weeks.

Stephen

stats from 7-14-10 to the present