Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strange dream

I had a dream last night and I'm not quite sure what to think of it.
In the dream I was on a ship type thing with about 4 other people--my mom, another woman, and two men. I remember at one point being given a pill for some reason and having people standing around me. Someone said something about "paranoia" and I didn't know if they were talking about me or not. I didn't say anything. Then, they started to try to carry me or move me somehow and I started to panic and I started biting this woman's hand, trying to get away. But after a moment, I took a deep breath and made myself calm down.
Eventually, the woman and my mother left me with the two men. One was older with graying hair and the other was younger. I talked to the older one and he said something about not being able to have sex with me or something because he was there to help me. It was strange, but he made me feel comfortable. Then, after a little bit he left and I was left with the other guy. For some reason they (all four of the people) decided I needed to have my face washed, so they had this guy start washing my face. But he kept getting distracted and leaving soap all over my face, so I kept splashing water on it to get the soap off.
After that, things got a little fuzzy. But I do remember that at one point I was surrounded by all of these pillows while the man was washing my face. He wasn't as inhibited as the older man and I ended up curled up next to him while I was surrounded by all the pillows.
The dream wasn't upsetting. It was just strange and I'd like to know what you guys think about it.
Thank you.
~Karli

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 years old; Michigan

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Strange dream

Karli,
I'll take an indepth look at your dream in the morning when i will have a fresher mind. If you should read this post before then please let me know any experiences that you may, or may not, have had with paranoia.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I haven't had probably what could be called "clinical" paranoia. But, for the most part, I often worry about people listening in on me when I'm either on the phone or talking to someone in person. I have to be almost totally away from everyone else when I'm on the phone or am talking to someone in person. If my boyfriend is with me or I'm on the phone with him, I am especially worried about people eavesdropping.
~Karli

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Karli,
I can see a relationship between your uneasiness with people 'eavesdropping' on you. The word paranoia probably is a bit strong but does provide connections. "people standing around me" may also provide a connection. Along with the panic the relationship seems strong.

Have you been criticised for your 'paranoia'? The soap on your face may represent ridding yourself of negative thoughts, brought on by others criticism, or your own actions. The men are probably animus aspects. Faces in a dream often symbolize persona and perhaps there is a need to induce masculine qualities to overcome your unease of others 'listening' in on you. Getting to know those masculine aspects and utilizing them may explain the ease you had with the one man you curled up next to. Although 'he' is younger and possesses less wisdom than the older guy {both you felt comfortable with}, that may suggest you do not need to change your attitude all at once. Your problem is not so much a paranoia as it is a distrust.

Can you explain why there is such distrust? That may enter into the equation of the dream. Your response may shed light on other possibilities.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

I have such distrust because in the past, people that I cared about (especially my friends) lied to me and stabbed me in the back. And, more recently, my dad has withheld information from me and I don't necessarily trust him to tell me things. People just haven't seemed to be very honest with me and in response to that I shut down and shut them out.

Karli,
Thanks for your follow up response. It does seem to confirm the distrust presented by the imagery in your dream. The man with the pillows may be what is most needed in your distrust of others. 'He' would represent your own masculine qualities, those that may need to be utilized in this conflict of trust. Being less intimidated by those you distrust may be the role 'he' can play in confronting this issue. Perhaps a thicker skin is needed, at least until the time you are able to distance yourself from those you distrust.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present