Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Robin and Merry Feast

I am in a forest, standing at the base of a large tree. My dress is of an earlier time period. It feels like the early renaissance period. There are others standing about. A Robin Hood-like man is up in the tree with his bow. He has just shot an arrow. He comes down and starts off to track his prize. I tell others in the midst that I must follow him. I am running through the wood, following the path of the Robin-man ahead of me. I feel free and full of energy. The earth is comfortable beneath my feet. The wide trail appears some golden, covered with fallen and yellowing leafs. With me, is who seems to be, at once, both, a young child and animal. He/she feels full of very instinctive energy and greatly wants to be and follow along with me. I am mindful to ensure that he/she keeps pace with my pursuit. When she calls for me, I pick her up and carry her along for a stretch. But being eager and excited, she also wants to spend her own energy and travel the trail along side of me, so I let her loose again on our journey through the wood. Soon, we arrive at what is a merry feast being held in the wood. It is attended by many gypsy-like persons. It is many old women and old men that I see, here.

It certainly feels to present as my continued mythic-inner journey. This is the kind of dream that seems to assure me "all is well and going well!"

Embrace

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Overland Park, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Robin and Merry Feast

Hi Embrace,

I don't know how relevant this amplification is for you, but here goes the Greek myth of "Psyche and Eros (Cupid)" The thing to be mindful of is the Goddess Venus (Aphrodite) and her domain of love, beauty & creativity. She has it in for Psyche and she is there in the dream as represented by the golden landscape. Psyche was adored by the public as being the most beautiful maiden and Eros was sent by his mother Venus to punish her as no mortal should be adored by ohter mortals as being as beautiful as a goddess. But Eros falls for Psyche (some truth in the saying that men marry their mothers). It's quite a long myth so I suggest you explor it and see what difference and similarities their are to the dream you had.

Good luck with your investigation.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Ktisti,
The word RENAISSANCE stands out. The definition of RENAISSANCE is revival or rebirth, and 'the period of European history at the close of the Middle Ages'. I think a focus on the words 'Middle Ages' and rebirth/revival are part of psychic energy behind the dream. Trees in forests {strength and growth} symbolize an inner aspect that is being addressed in dreams. The relationship goes with age, and the stage of life. Mid-life. I believe you will experience more such dreams dealing with the inner search. It is a natural aspect of the changes at mid-life, and the natural phenomena found in dreams. The therapeutic value of dreams.

The 'Robin Hood' masculine male is the hero within you, the masculine hero. It suggests a relationship of personality that has been a focus in your life recently. Your Embrace dream is an aspect of that masculine quality within you that is under observation. I think it is sufficient to say you have actively worked with that inner search, and have made great strides.
There is the mystical aspect of Robin Hood. A story of fiction, yet symbolic of strength of character including the spiritual {rob from the evil and give to the good}. This is the strength that will provide you the success in balancing this part of your psyche. And it will transcend into the waking life successes.

What follows in the dream is your new 'myth'. These type dreams appear when one gives full attention to that inner search, and discovers {and acknowledges} the 'secrets' hidden in the darkest recesses of the psyche {collective unconscious. I can vividly remeber some of my dreams durng that period of self-discovery. I was definitely in that transitional stage, and it was reflected in my dreams.

Have you experienced a 'biggie' dream of a black woman, perhaps even a goddess? That is a common archetyal dream associated with transition.

No doubt this is a very positive dream and denotes a real 'inner' transition taking place. If it hasn't already affected your personal life, it will. And if that is correct {its what Jung called the Individuation Process} the a spiritual and/or creative will be a part of your realizations.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Stephen,

Thanks for the reminder of Psyche and Eros. I'll review the myth. It was a couple of years ago when I did dream of an archer pointing his bow and arrow at my heart, we standing a few yards away from one another in a darkened hallway.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Gerard,

Yes, I saw the RENAISSANCE and I felt the rebirthing/regeneration. But I missed the “Middle Ages.” It does fit. The forest was rich and strong and full. The dream was chock full of living energy/life.

My dreams have been my guides, and yes, they are most valuable when we are willing to do the work. I am also blessed with a wonderful analyst. More and more, I appreciate (see) a very focused pattern in my dreams.

You said: (((The 'Robin Hood' masculine male is the hero within you, the masculine hero. It suggests a relationship of personality that has been a focus in your life recently. Your Embrace dream is an aspect of that masculine quality within you that is under observation. I think it is sufficient to say you have actively worked with that inner search, and have made great strides.)))

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Balancing the tension of the opposites isn’t always easy , but there is always such growth.

Robin Hood is actually a wonderful figure for me (to include the “mystical” aspect conveyed in the story), a mirror of my passion since a child. In reading your words here (rob from the evil and give to the poor – this being the strength that will provide success), I was reminded of an earlier dream wherein I am on a great ship out at sea. I am surrounded by many men as I lower a fishing crane/rig “into the hull of the ship.” One of the voices (a man) asks, “What will you do with what you find?” I respond, very humbly, I will go do something good in the world.” In the dream, I felt as though I was experiencing the Self through the ego, that is was not my small personal self speaking.

You asked/said: (((Have you experienced a 'biggie' dream of a black woman, perhaps even a goddess? That is a common archetyal dream associated with transition.)))

More than once. Not the first, but a prominent one that I can share in dream form is of Sheela-Na-Gig. I called out to “God” one night some years ago, and “She” answered. I didn’t see her as an old hag holding her yoni wide open. Instead, my own birth mother handed me three notes. I then see three scenes. One is of the name “Sheela” displayed as large as a football field (huge, panoramic) in the black of the night sky/the void. The next is of an enormous electrical energy formation of red, blue and silvery white lightning come from the same void/darkness. The third I cannot convey in picture form, but is of a deep and penetrating love – the kind that promises a healing that will leave no stone unturned. I woke from that dream “knowing” every inch of my being had been touched by the Goddess and would continue to be. More (most) recently, was a figure of the divine feminine sitting across from me (nude), wearing a see-through, silky black, veil-like garment/gown.

I’ve worked so hard. And as I trust you know… once you start, you can’t stop. To know my wholeness and find my creative purpose has been the yearning of my soul, for all of my years. I do trust the creative/spiritual will continue to manifest in my life.

Kristi

Kristi,
“What will you do with what you find?” I respond, very humbly, I will go do something good in the world.”

That is the quest of the hero/heroine. To go forth on a great adventure and return to share what you have learned. To save the 'other'. My thoughts are the hero/heroine adventure is first and foremost a spiritual adventure. To give of oneself to a greater cause. It may only be giving to something local, family, friends. But it could become something that affects something greater. Of course the intent is on the giving and not the ego.

I applaud your foresight, and your adventure. Awareness is a true strength of character when on the quest for knowledge. To understand the inner life provides nourishment for the soul. And the soul is what the quest is all about. That is why they call it psychology.

We look forward to more of your dream adventures. Stephen is wise about the mythical connotations of the dream symbols. With what is presented here at the Forum by all the contributors of wisdom, there is new knowledge being shared all the time. A place of gnosis.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Stephen,

I've reviewed the myth, albeit briefly, at this point.

My more consious search for the inner marriage was heralded by a dream that came some years ago, shortly after the Sheela-Na-Gig visitation I mentioned in my above post. I found myself in a epic dreamscape wherein a wise old woman (priestess-like, earth mother figure) in an enchanted land that had grown to a point of suffereing charged me to travel into dangerous territory in order that I may restore the land (me) to wholeness. I accept my charge. There is trepidation, but also courage as I feel that I am the hope that may restore life to the land and cause it to flourish, again. She tells me there is one, specificially, that I am to find, that my name is written in the palm of his hand. With that, I have an image of the shining light of a being before me - and I feel my longing for union with this being. Later dreams would reveal the full measure of the dynamics of the myth, including one wherein I hear a voice (sometimes, the dreams are only disembodied voices) telling me, "Baba Yaga is your mother," this, when I was given the "impossible task," and had to begin doing the more conscious "bean sorting." Ahhh... this message of Baba Yaga came at the same time told I was told that I was marrying Inanna - so, like her, visiting her sister Ereshkigal in the underworld. I see Aphrodite's seeming wrath and anger as the impetus that (actually a love that) causes Psyche to grow, to become more conscious - to find/remember that the Self/Love is within - so, not unlike the love of the Goddess I mention which will leave no stone unturned.

"Thank you." I am going to spend more time with the myth.

Kristi

Thanks, Gerard.

...To give of oneself to a greater cause. It may only be giving to something local, family, friends. But it could become something that affects something greater. Of course the intent is on the giving and not the ego...

We come to this when we are confronted with the question, "Whom does the Grail serve?" The Self, and NOT the ego.

So many times have the personal interests/motivations of my "s"elf gotten in the way. But I wait now, as I continue to bake, for whatever measure of giving/sharing will develop. It could be dog-sitting ... smiles.

Kristi

I wish it was my conscious me that connects the dream with the amplification, but alas it is not. I let psyche do the work and then it is up to me/dreamer to understand the patterns and connections after the event. It is something that I feel compelled to share with other people. Sometimes people understand the amplification and sometimes they don't. But maybe there is a reason for me or them not to understand - to add chaos to the mix.

I followed Jung's advice on how to interpret dreams. Read everything you can and then forget it.

But thank you Kristi for having the dream for it arose in me a glimpse of wisdom for a project I am working on. And isn't that what it is all about - using only a small amount of the power as Psyche found out.

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

(((I wish it was my conscious me that connects the dream with the amplification, but alas it is not. I let psyche do the work and then it is up to me/dreamer to understand the patterns and connections after the event.)))

This is most often how it occurs for me, if I am understanding you correctly. I may initially think I know to what a dream is pointing - and that may well be part of it, but it is sometims much later that a greater understanding comes.

(((But maybe there is a reason for me or them not to understand - to add chaos to the mix.)))

Creation follows from chaos. Sometimes, we just need to allow ourselves to be the crucible.

(((I followed Jung's advice on how to interpret dreams. Read everything you can and then forget it.

Is what you are saying is that there are no set rules? That the mystery speaks to us all, individually, uniquely?)))

I'm glad the sharing of my dream provided you with a glimpse of wisdom. I'll answer on Psyche's finding when I have finished studying the myth.

Much Thanks.

Kristi

Hi Embrace,

[Is what you are saying is that there are no set rules? That the mystery speaks to us all, individually, uniquely?]

Yes. Let Psyche do what she has to do.

Stephen

stats from 7-14-10 to the present