Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
quite a few dreams that have been making me wonder meanings?

dream 1
i was in a hotel and i was looking for my friends i couldn't find them and i got nervous so i asked a worker do you know where my friends are i can't locate them i had my cellphone out to call one friend but didn't.then the hotel worker goes could you put your phone away your offending me then he takes it from me then i remember i forgot my coat so i got upstaires to get while im going upstairs i take really big stepts and im in a hurry.so i get my coat then i see my friends still have there's in the room.
so i go back down the end lol.

dream 2 im in my house my father is ill(cancer) still and i keep checking in on him the third time he's playing nintento then all of a sudden i hear my sister saying how she has a cough then later my mother says oh your sister passed away now im really sad.so i go to talk to my friend about what happened and im talking to her but she's seems like she's not paying attention then she starts running toward a car to another friend of mine with her guyfriend,starts talking like im not even there so i go you know im just going to go inside and wait for your guys.it's gloomy outside for some reason. then friend who is in the car comes out and says to me i know why your leaving you don't like that im hanging out with the other person in the car i said no that's not it my sister died don't you get it/then walked away.

dream 3 i had a dream it was night i was in bed then i hear the radio turn on so i go to turn down the dial but i meet with resistence and i felt like i floated out of bed.

dream 4
i was again in bed and it was night there was a mirror next to me and all of a sudden i see my father in the mirror and i go to look at the area where the mirror is showing me i don't see him there i lay back down i still see him in the mirror i check again not there third time i saw him there i go there you are i see you you are there.the end.

dream 5 (just last night) i was walking with my sister the sun was still up in the sky but it was setting and it was summer. we were just talking and walking then we started running together then we get to this other house and i was walk in sit down at the dining table then i see my father sitting across from me and he is back to how he was before he got sick then all of a sudden i go to hug him and cry tears of relief of finly seeing him again and said i missed you so much he says while hugging me back i missed you too. then he says when i back in my chair just don't tell your mother im back and working okay.(this part i felt really happy and carefree in the dream)
then iget back to my house it's dark no lights are on and it's empty inside i just stand in the dining room.
the end.
dream 6 i was talking with my dad in the dining room and he was looking like how he did when he was ill
and he says to me but i really miss you i said but dad you can't come back hear then all of a sudden im in the living room praying for his mom(my grandma)to come get him and make him understand that he has to stay where he is.
then i come back and i see him slouched over in his chair apparently gone then i look to the door i see his spirit walking away.when i woke i told my dream i just started crying when i thought about it it was powerful.

many times i had a dream where i am talking to my dad in the kitchen too or me in the kitchen and him in the bathroom but only hearing his voice also seeing a bright light coming out of it.
please help me lol is it just him contacting me or something more?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20 ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: quite a few dreams that have been making me wonder meanings?

Kelly,
Let me digest your post and get back to you later in te day. In the meantime a couple of questions. What was the relationship with your dad like? How long ago did he pass away and how did his illness affect you?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

my relationship i was very close with my dad i could go to him about anything(literally he had my back)and he would not judge,always tell me as long as your happy etc. we both loved music so we shared that love together by enjoying it together and liked baseball so we went to a couple baseball games together it was a deep father-daughter relationship.he talked to me about his feelings that he wish he never smoked and we were talking he said he would defiantly be there in spirit when i get married(down the aisle)when i asked him if he could give me a sign whenhe's there.

he passed away 2 years ago
it affected me quite abit at first i just didn't believe he was gone after seeing him go through all that pain(im very sensitive to my surroundings and people in pain so it affected me alot like i couldn't sleep at night,cried myself to sleep alot still do,used to not be able to walk by his room at night or if i was alone if i did i would just jump and run back to my room it was very stressful.
hope i didn't babble too much
thanks i understand it's alot to take in I appreciate it.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Kelly,
Very often dreams of young people are more focused on the ego self and not as much as the inner life of emotions. But your experience with your dad and the closeness of the relationship may have more to do with your dreams.

The first dream. If you look at the friends in your dream as other aspects of your psyche {unknown people often symbolize such aspects} then they could represent a lose of related aspects that make up your personality and psyche. Without your dad you have lost your most valuable friend which has affected your whole psyche. But time heals all wounds and with the passing of time you have taken 'big steps' in your recovery from your grief. This could very well explain this dream.

The second dream seems to be addressing certain aspects of the relationship with your father, aspects that may have caused some conflict between the two of you. These may involve guilt feelings on your part. The 'im hanging out with the other person in the car' may be addressing actual past conflicts but also addressing inner emotions.

The radio is the voice of the unconscious. With painful experiences we often turn down the emotions but there is resistance because of the pain.

Mirrors represent reflections. Your reflection is on your dad. And even though he is gone he is still within your mind, dreams, your memory.

The 5th dream seems to be about reflections. Dreams often take us back to the past, the better times, the worst times. In the 'back' of your mind his memory is still fresh. Getting back to reality {then i get back to my house} you know he is gone, the house {you} is dark and you are empty inside.

The last dream is most likely a reflection of how you feel inside. You wish you could bring him back but you know you can't. He is gone, you can't bring him back and you see his spirit. That spirit is what remains, something you can hold on to forever.

These dreams are most likely due to the emotional pain from losing your dad. They will probably continue for some time. I suggest you try to address your dad in your dreams so they {dreams} become positive and not negative {sad emotions}. Otherwise take the dreams as contact with your dad. He may be gone in body but his spirit remains.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

wow for the first dream i didn't think of it that way i didn't even think of it having anything to do with my dad wow eyeopening. so me searching for them does that mean i was searching for parts of my pyche that i lost when my father passed?if so the big steps theory makes since to me.

dream 2 the 'im hanging out with the other person in the car'(does that represent me cause i heard somewhere that everyone in your dream reps a part of yourself) so that would be my guilt on argueing with him or does that mean something else?guess im confused sorry.

dream 3 wowie i think that one is dead on with the emotions cause i think i try to suppress the feelings but they are powerful.

so the relections with mirror is on my dad ahhh okay sorry had to think it over for a minute good one.

5th ^^0 wow your good with this that is a good point made on coming back to the house(reality)and then it(being me)dark and empty inside.i do feel pretty sad at times i think i should get an outlit to channel it.

the last dream i always thought that was him reaching out to me cause he wanted to come back but i defiantly think your on to something with that cause if im correct i heard that everyone in your dream reps a piece of you wowie thanks so much you really opened my eyes i really appreicate it so much.cause i remember thinking quite a few times how much i just want him to come back and how much i miss him etc.

what are some ways that i can have my dreams more positive is there anything i can do or no? just let it heal in time maybe?thank you again i appreciate it.

Kelly,
From dream two, yes, the guilt would be from an experience you had with your dad, an argument or disagreement. The 'I'm hanging out with the other person' could very well be speaking to an actual experience, one that created conflict with your dad.

Dreams are about the emotions. Grief, love, guilt, all the different emotional aspects that combine to the makeup the psyche. Dreams are therapeutic in they try to reveal what parts of the psyche that are in conflict or unresolved. They {dreams} are much like the immune system for the body. Part of nature's evolution.

Ways to make your dreams more positive. Perhaps by better understanding dreams you will discover ways to do that. You seem to have a very good grasp of how dreams communicate, without having an education on the subject of dreams, and for someone so young that can be beneficial.
Carl Jung's approach to the unconscious through dreams has been revolutionary in discovering the contents of the unconscious. The psychology of dreams is the psychology of the dreamer. By examining your dreams your examining yourself, psychologically.

The language of dreams is symbolic and metaphorical. Just with religions you need to learn to read them metaphorically and not literally. Mythology provides clues to the 'archetypal' images in dreams, and the symbols of myth have a relationship to the symbols in dreams.

So yes, your dreams are about you. Unknown people, other people in your dreams most often symbolize aspects of your own psyche. Known people in your dreams may do the same, or may be touching on some emotion relative to that person, a boyfriend, or a rival. Your dad could very well represent something other than himself. The symbol of your dad could represent an authority figure, a generic reference using your dad as someone you think to be wise. How it fits in the dream depends on the dreamer. For a young person a 'dad' would very often be addressing the relationship between the dreamer and the father. In an older person, especially at mid-life {40+} the dad could represent the relationship in a minor way, with the real intent being an authority figure, or some other representation.
Jung has figured it out. And with Jung you get Freud {Jung was a student of and one time heir apparent to Freud}, and a true understanding of their inner life, as well as the outer. There are many elements to the psyche. The ego is biased. Dreams are not. Discovering the truth about how you feel, why you act and react, the true you is, as you put it, wow, very revealing.

This dream stuff can get pretty deep. Some time in life it will be worth the while to study how dreams function. At mid-life you naturally look inward {at least those who have a sound mental capacity}. And that is what dreams do. To 'know' early in life, in your 20s instead of your 40s, you will have an advantage, add to your maturity and most likely a better outlook on life.

The best place to learn about dreams? Myths-Dreams-Symbols. And in the process you will witness another aspect that dreams reveal. My creativity, in designing the web site, as well as interpreting dreams. Jung tells us that true meaning in life comes from our creative Self, one aspect of the psyche that is often discarded because the mind is so fixated on the material life. And when you focus on the creative self you often discover a spiritual self {not to be confused with religion, which are myths}.

Have you discovered a creative aspect, a hint at what that might be? I bet you will do well when you do. Something your dad would be very proud. His wisdom can lend a helping hand when you do. Even now. It is something you can discuss with him in your dreams. Just like you did when he was here in body. His spirit will always remain, in your heart, and in your dreams.

Gerard

hey sorry for not responding in time ill reply with a better responce.
thank you so much.

i mean better responce tomorrow morning sorry again lol.

Kelly,
Take your time and give the interpretation plenty of thought. Your response may provide other clues to the dream possibilities.

Gerard

yeah i think im going to have to digest it alittle more i do have to say some interesting point on jung on dream philosophy.
pretty facinated that dreams lead to spiritual awareness i do feel more aware after some dreams that's how i felt when i had that dream walking down the street with my sis to the 'other'house then back to'my' house i felt really light for some reason all day.

whenever i remember a dream and really think about what happened i feel like i am more awake/enlightened.
thanks so much.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present