Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Haunted hallway, childhood home, ghost?

Hi Ya'll...
I dream I am in my childhood home in the dinning room that is next to the sliding glass doors. I am not supposed to open the doors because there is something dangerous or forbidden behind them (in reality, it just opened up to the back yard). I know that if I open the doors, I will be able to see down a long dark and haunted hallway because I have opened them before. I know there is a spirit that I might upset, and she wants to scare me into submission, so I dare her to get mad or upset or come out by opening the door and leaving it opened as though I were teasing her (a recurring theme). I step back to the other side of the table and look back. I see a flash of light come towards me, and it was fast. I knew it was her, and I'm scared (not so tough after all). I try to close the door, but it is either stuck or she's holding it. I tell my husband to force it while I hold a bottle of holy water and squirt it around the entire frame over and over again while he tries. He tells me that the door is completely stuck, and he still has about six inches to go. I woke up looking for the evil spirit in my room, and felt as though I allowed her in, so what was I supposed to do now. ?
Thank You for any efforts and insights!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Haunted hallway, childhood home, ghost?

Hi MarleyDog,

It would help if you mention some associations. If you don't know how to do this the easiest method is to read your dream slowly about three times and wait for some memories or thoughts to come into your consciousness. Or, what does the dream remind you of. How do you feel about the dream, or do you get a gut feeling about it.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

The only thing that comes to mind is "Pandora's box" and the "Bluebeard" myth or "Fitchers Bird" myth. I don't know how they relate. I will have to think about that further.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

I read it again... (I don't know if this fits) I didn't like to follow the "rules" of Catholic school and unspoken family "rules" and rigid "roles."

In Catholic school, I didn't agree with the belief that "we" were better... I questioned the nuns out of spite until they said that I was "incorrigible" (I was too young to understand what the word meant, but I loved teasing and questioning them).

In my family, I questioned why we were different. I left home (a definite "no-no"). I married a man that wasn't ethnic, and he was from a different religion. I spoke about dysfunctions and didn't let things go - like I was told to do. I was funny, fiesty, curious, and possibly irritating. I liked who I was/am.

With the truth however, comes fear of the unknown and fear of the truth affecting life.

Maybe this fits, but I think there's more...? I'll get it -- eventually.

Can you see a pattern in the three myths you mentioned? What do you think they are about? I don't think your childhood memories are the interpretation, but they could add depth to the myths and the dream.

The definition of incorrigible from Wiktionery is,

Impossible to correct or set aright.
Incurably bad.
Impervious to correction by punishment or pain.

What feelings did you have as a child towards the nuns who told you you were incorrigible?

Your Psyche is reminding you of the situation and the way to test it out is to look back over the past 3 weeks and see if that pattern has repeated itself in a real life situation.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present