Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
psychic dream precognative meaning

Dear Jerry
I am considering buying a property. It is situated not far from a
pretty pond with ducks and wildlife and the propery benifits from this
feeling of space nearby although the otherside of the house is not
such a good area. The area by the pond is called Willow Bank which I
found attractive. I have been thinking that if I do continue with the
purchase what to call the property. Last night, in a dream, I saw a
piece of writing paper and on the bottom of the sheet was written the
word Willow. I am both joyfull and concerned about the connection. I
realise something including the word Willow would be a suitable name for the property but if the dream indicated an actual tree it is not so positive and may be telling me something about negative aspects on purchasing the property.

I wondered if you could throw some light on this dream..

Best Wishes

pauline

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: England over 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: psychic dream precognative meaning

Pauline,
In your post you state "I am both joyful and concerned about the connection". Was that part of the dream language/emotions or is that an actual feeling you have in your waking life? The actual emotions of a dream can be important to the dream message.

My first impressions of a tree would be the tree being a symbolic representation of you, you are the tree. If that should be the case the language "but if the dream indicated an actual tree it is not so positive" could be focusing on your doubts about the purchase {the tree is not so positive}. But what is it the tree is not positive about? Something negative about the property or negative doubts about the purchase?

If the tree is a willow then perhaps the dream message is more about "branching out" as much as a negative response to purchasing the property. Does that {branching out} enter into the equation, a part of the negatives you have considered. That may not have anything to do with negatives about the property, just a part of the possible negatives you must consider in any major purchase.

What are the negatives of the purchase? Your narrative highlights many of the positives and it 'sounds' as if they are solid and something you really would enjoy. If this one dream is the only drawback to your decision I suggest you way the waking life positives against the negatives. The dream may be focusing on something other than the negatives about the property, something having to do with the tree, which would be you.

Have you researched the property and all involved with the purchase? If there is a warning that could be part of the equation. Have you thoroughly done your homework? Is everything settled as far as the financing, the changes the purchase may cause, the intangibles?

Let me know your response and perhaps we can discover more from that. Also if you can post more of the dream that would be helpful. Anything that helps clarify what the tree represents would be telling.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Pauline,

What you may also find usefule is the etymology of the word willow, which is,

Old English. welig, from Proto Germanic. *walg- (confer Old Saxon wilgia, Middle Dutch wilghe, Dutch wilg), probably from Proto Indo European *wel- "to turn, roll," with derivatives referring to curved, enclosing objects. The change in form to -ow (14th century) paralleled that of bellow and fellow. The more typical Germanic. word for the tree is represented by withy. Willowy "flexible and graceful" is attested from 1791.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Yes, the willow tree is a full and willowy tree and branches out into a graceful form. Does that description fit you or your intentions?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

stats from 7-14-10 to the present