Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Husbands dream?

Today my husband woke up freaked out and told me that he has been having a strange recurring dream. Here is the dream as he explained to me:

He is at his dads house is his bedroom when he notices an old high school aquaintance standing outside the window with a black bull. He goes out to see what is going on. Without even acknowleging he is there the guy takes a firecracker and lights it on the bulls back. The bull backs up and goes to hide but does not run away. The guy just stands there crosses his arms and waits for the next morning to do it all over again.

My husband is so freaked out by this dream and says it has to symbolize something. Well when he told me about this, I procede to have panic attack like symptoms. I start having trouble breathing and having pains in my chest. Also I have this overwelming sense that something is not right. Can anybody give me any incite as to what this dream could mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Husbands dream?

Maggie,
What kind of relationship does your husband have with his dad? Bulls are often symbolic of aggression which may represent some type of emotional aggression on the part of your husband. A black bull would symbolize unconscious emotions, perhaps representing stored up emotional conflicts that need to be let out in some form the best way being to talk to someone, someone in the field of psychology}.

There is also the possibility these aggression is from his dad.

The firecracker would represent emotional outbursts. Since the dream includes the figure of an 'old high school aquaintance', the conflicts that control such emotional outbursts could have started during that period of time or are related to that period of time {high school}. The bull hiding would represent emotional conflicts that are hidden within the unconscious, needing recognition and resolution. The repeating motions of the guy {old high school friend} would represent the recurring and unresolved conflicts, possibly having to do with the relationship with your husband's dad. Until these emotional conflicts are resolved there will be stored emotions that recur either unconsciously or through emotional outbursts on the part of someone, either your husband or his dad-or possibly both {your husband may possess traits inherent from his dad}.

The 'freaked' feelings your husband had from this dream also suggests there are possible deep rooted emotions that are unresolved. Your own emotional response {panic attack like symptoms} may suggest there are known conflicts by you in your husbands life {you are aware of the conflicts}.

So the questions to this possible interpretation are:
1. Are there conflicts between your husband and his dad?
and
2. Does your husband have bouts of emotional outbursts?
The emotional outbursts could be from his dad.
There may be a relationship to the high school years that come into play in the father/son relationship.

If you can answer the above questions it may provide further insights to this dream. I do believe the response to the dream by you and your husband indicates known conflicts in your husband's life {and yours, due to his past experiences that remain unresolved}. Your follow up response will be important to understanding the dream message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow, you hit so close to home on this interpretation. Let me give you some background on my husband and his dad, according to what I see and how I feel about their relationship:

His dad always worked when he was little, work came over and above everything. I feel that though my husband and his dad have a great relationship, he resents him for not being there for him growing up, especially during high school. He started having panic attacks "emotional outburts" when he was in high school. He is currently on medicine to control it.

Also another important thing that may or may not relate to his dream is that his dad has been sick lately. The doctors found a mass on his lungs that they believe to be cancer. We havent got a definate answer yet, so we are also going through a great deal of emotional stress right now.

I read your interpretation to my husband and it was as if a light bulb lit in his head. Then he goes jokingly, man that was deep.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Maggie,
Thanks for the follow-up reply. Some dreams come easy, others are more difficult. Dreams of younger people and young adults are often harder to interpret but the symbols of your husband's dream spoke in a language that my intuitive mind recognized. It is good to know my interpretation fit.

Dreams are deep. They hold all that is true about the dreamer, without the bias of the waking ego. The 'heavy' emotions we possess from the earliest in life reside within our unconscious until they are properly sorted out and reconciled. Closure is important for good mental health and dreams possess a therapeutic affect because they help us 'see' what is really there, whether we want to or not. To ignore our dreams is to ignore what is most important in our individual lives. Our dreams are about that life.

Reconciling the emotions toward your husband's father, now that he may have cancer, is normal for dreams to address. Hopefully the two can do just that, and hopefully the mass is benign. Going 'deep', rooting out the emotional distress is important for the future. For the whole family since it does affect all involved.

If I can help further, an questions you may have please feel free to post them here at the forum. Let's hope for the best for your father-in-law and also the mental distress your husband has endured from the experiences in his life.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you soo much as you have helped tremendously!

My husband has told me of another recurring dream that he has been having, this one over several months. Here is the dream:

We are at my old house, and there is a huge wrestling ring in the back yard. It is old and tattered with three ropes, black red black. He climbs into the ring and does nothing. Then climbs back down and goes inside the house.

Last week he told me that he wanted to go to train to be a wrestler. That he has been thinking about it for awhile. So maybe this has something to do with his dream??

Maggie,
Thanks for the response. Your follow-up info will help provide a better understanding of how dreams function. And hopefully provide insights to the deeper unconscious of your husband's psyche. The therapeutic affects of dreams come with the realizations we acquire by looking inward, psychologically. This is deep stuff but something anyone can understand if given the patience, and a desire to learn about oneself.

From my experience in dream interpretation an old house symbol is very often addressing something about the dreamer's past emotional experiences. The house is your husband {it is his dream}, he is the house. Metaphor {click on Metaphor and see the meaning and an example}. An old house would represent your husband's past {emotional life, and the physical}.

The wrestling is probably addressing his emotional state of mind more so than anything physical {although there could have been some association to actual wrestling} Wrestling could be metaphor for emotional struggle. The back yard could have actual relevance. The symbolic value could be addressing the unconscious motivations caused by emotional distress {as a younger person}.
Why does a person have outbursts of anger, emotions. There is always an underlying motivation. Most often psychological, but sometimes purely physical {a chemical imbalance requiring medications}.

Unconscious motivations are what a psychologist looks for. Dreams reveal these unconscious motivations in the form of symbols, motifs and metaphors {husband's house, he is the house...Note: this is a rule of thumb. No symbol is absolutely fixed}. If it were definitely stated in a dream that it is the father's house or mother's house, then the symbolic value would be to the relationship of the mother/father to the dreamer. The dream is 1st and foremost about the dreamer and his/her psychological mind {psyche}, including the deep unconscious.

Back to the dream
The emotional life, then {old} and perhaps now, is/was tattered due to the negative emotional experiences.

The three ropes. I believe that could represent unconscious motivations, outbursts of emotions, back to the unconscious where the motivations are stored. Things are normal and then all of a sudden these emotional outbursts. Then back to normal.

In the West 3 is the number for wholeness. In the context of your husband's dream in-between his normal self are outbursts of emotions {which may be witnessed by others, or could be held in and no one but the person knows of the emotional trauma}.

Red would represent anger/outbursts,
black the unconscious.
He is emotionally bound from the experiences {ropes}.

Rings are circles which represents wholeness, balance and harmony in the emotional life. His life was lacking these things. He goes back inside, he is still being held back from that wholeness, balance and harmony in his life {this could be how he feels when he has emotional outbursts, those emotions take control}.
And these emotions remain. Subdued by the medications but still within the deep unconscious.

Wants to be a wrestler? A substitute for having to wrestle with emotional pain. The medications may control the outbursts but the emotional memory and pain are still there. I had a similar father/son relationship and throughout my life, until I discovered Jungian dream psyche, it had a lot of control in my life. Purely unconscious, the motivations are from earlier life emotional experiences. And hey can control the waking life actions without the conscious mind knowing what or why.

He wants to escape to be his true self. To find that balance and harmony, emotionally. It is inherent in us all. It is what myths are made of. It is the hero adventure of myth, inherent in us all if we dare adventure the path.

One last thought. Is this first of these dreams or has he had similar dreams previously? There is a good chance these dreams will increase as he gets older. Mid-life {35-55} is often the times these emotional images start to appear. Life undergoes a change during those years and a 'lot' more time is spent on reflecting back. What we discover is our emotional past. It is wise to start confronting the emotional impact of the past early on. Reconciling emotional pain will bring about that sought after harmony.

It is psychological. And very deep.

Gerard

He is always having strange recurring dreams. They started out with him dreaming of being back at school but he is grown in these dreams, then the wrestling ring, then the black bull. I am sure he will continue to have them because he is always stating how he misses his childhood. Though we are grown now and have a child of our own he often reminisces on past times. He had a great childhood.

Thank you for your help again! I am sure as the time passes we will have more questions to be answered. :)

stats from 7-14-10 to the present