Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Having weird dreams lately.

This is what I dreamt yesterday after a night shift.

I was in an old gym; and there was going to be a concert by Take That. When they entered all the girls rushed the stage but I just stood there unable to remember which member of the band I fancies. All the other girls wanted hugs from the band, but I realized there was a guy there - a former colleague and I wanted to hug him. But he was busy trying to capture a bird in a cage; I guess the bird was mine because once it was in the cage he said "there!" - Implying I was all set to go or something. Then he offered me a goodbye hug but I refused... even if I wanted to touch him desperately.

I'm not sure how old I was in the dream, you'd think I'd be 14 or so; but I might not have been any younger than my actual age.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Having weird dreams lately.

GCzilla,
I sense the dream is directed at a need for attention or a focus on one particular aspect in your life. You may feel 'caged in' and seek freedom. There may be opportunities for you but thus far you have refused to accept them, even though you dearly want to embrace certain possibilities.

Look at your waking life and determine where the above may fit. Let me know your response and perhaps we will be able to gain insights to the dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Just as we exercise our physical body we also do the same with our mental body, thoughts attitudes and patterns of behaviour, prone to repeating them over and over again. The 'old gym' seems to give reference to some pattern (likely behavioural) that you continue to exercise and repeat in your life.

Men in dreams represent our thoughts behaviours or attitudes that we have our action taking/doing energy if you like, and your dream suggests that rather choosing to embrace a 'group' of thoughts, attitudes that would be more harmonious 'band' to you, you instead choose to continue and embrace a particular behaviour that seems to imprison or impair your sense of feeling free 'bird in a cage', ie the way you instead choose to think in relation to some situation in your life continues to undermine your sense of freedom. Asking yourself what it is you see in your collegue will tell you more about some attitude, way of thinking that you share with him even if only in an unconscious way, and which continues to undermine your sense of freedom.

The latter part of your dream may give reference to what form of behaviour, thinking does stop you from moving forward in your life and it seems to rest in firstly in your ability to embrace certain aspects of yourself possibly through fear which only serves to keep you isolated or separate, this inner dynamic would then secondly manifest in your outer world in the same way which would serve to keep you from meeting or reaching out to men in your life. Its this wanting to reach out desperately but holding yourself back pattern of behaviour that is represented by the bird in the cage, this behaviour reveals something of how you limit yourself.

Just some avenues to explore, as with all dream interps just take from it that which suits you.

Good luck Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Maybe the old shabby gym represents the fact that I have a crummy apartment, and I hate it, but I dont have the energy or finances to move right now.

I might also mention that Im kinda in love with the mentioned colleague; but he's married.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

GCzila,
Te apartment could be part of the problem. But there is most likely an 'apartment' within your psyche that is in shambles also {mental state of being}. Are there problems in your life where you feel unable to 'fit in'? What is it besides your living conditions that make you feel 'caged in'? These are what the dream is most likely trying to address. The waking conditions in your life and the unconscious stimuli that underlies the waking conditions.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present