Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Submarine Starship

I see myself walking in the evening, wearing a patchwork jacket/coat made of pieces of animal fur. The jacket is of a short length, reaching only my natural waistline. I am wearing the jacket open, not buttoned or zipped. It’s a thin jacket. All the fur pieces are of close, short length hairs.

Later, in what feels as the pre-dawn hours, I am still out of doors and seeing a large great submarine vessel moving in a great body of water. Unlike classic submarines, this vessel is disc shaped, like a starship. My consciousness is positioned such that I feel the submarine starship is circling around my location. It moves silently and with great maneuverability and speed (just like a starship in the skies) without disrupting the stillness of the waters. Its pattern of movement about me hovers at/near the surface of the waters. Next, I am on a boardwalk of good and solid construction in the bay over the body of water. I am walking back to land. The craft follows me into the bay, coming alongside the boardwalk. I feel as if it is watching and waiting for me.

Embrace

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Overland Park, KS

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yup

Re: Submarine Starship

Embrace,
The jacket may have something to do with 'letting out' those important inner aspects. You may be allowing {or you need to} yourself to be open, not protecting yourself by covering up what is beneath or inside. The evening hours may suggest an end {or needed end} to some part of yourself.

Pre-dawn hours {unconscious} and outdoors seems to be addressing the outer self which needs to surface and expose from the unconscious the inner aspects. The goal is balance and harmony {circle}, perhaps a need to know oneself to be able to recognize the true self. The starship hovering above the water may suggest there are new realizations beneath the surface {your inner self} that are ready for exposure.

Personality and ego wise your life was built on a solid foundation. But there are new dimensions that need to be explored. It is merely a matter of time and/or place for this to come about.

Does any of the above ring true? Is there a fit somewhere in your life?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you, Gerard.

The association that came to me regarding the jacket, is of the mantel from the tale of Allerleirauh. The daughter of the incestual father/King (who she escaped from) wears her mantel (of many different kinds of furs) to hide/protect herself while she does her soul work. She is wearing her "dress of stars" beneath her mantel when the goodly and loving King discovers and weds her. And so, I felt it connected, in my dream, where I then have the "star"ship appearing in my waters. In the story, her mantel of fur covers her head and entire body, whereas mine is so scant as to not be of any significant use in the way of cover/protection any longer.

"Allerleirauh" is, as discussed in earlier of my dreams here (with Stephen), a rendition of the Cinderella tale.

What you suggest it may indicate, is a movement that is occurring in my life. There's certainly been lots of soul-making and I am now increasingly much less protective and more open and expressive - personality, skills, talents, and abilities are beginning to express in greater ways. It's a really simple and wonderful time. But still there remains a need of allowing more to be revealed and expressed.

The starship was not quite "above" (out of) the water, but near and coming to the surface of the water. There was a depth of feeling of mystery and great intelligence. I do feel an "invitation" to a more personal knowing and greater self-discovery - a more cohesive relationship/greater alignment with the true self.

Embrace

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Embrace,
Stephen is a great source of knowledge when it comes to the association of myth to our human emotional patterns. Any serious student of Joseph Campbell has access to such associations. Its articulation by a knowledgeable source can be a great inspiration for anyone who takes note of the storytelling. Of course Campbell was the master of storytelling.

You posess a great attitude in ackowledging and accepting the 'invitation'. No doubt Self discovery is a time required endeavor. The cohesive relationship and alignment with the true self you seek is all about accepting the challenges of the inner search. Campbell provides the basic design of the 'hero/heroine' path. All great myths address this aspect. Your ability to align yourself psyche pattern with those mythological tales that are universal expressions, archetypes, is an asset I know you recognize and take pride in. I hope some of the pages at MDS has helped with that knowledge. If you haven't aready become a disciple of Jungian psyche {worship no man}, I believe you will eventually. Myth and dreams. No greater relationship in the discovering the inner Self.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I smile in sincere acknowledgement where you say Self discovery is a time required endeavor. Being my introverted function is greater than my extroversion, I've often wanted to spend more of my time with my inner work, with less entanglements in the social world. I feel I'm finding a balance and have realized that our social relatedness is, imo, also very crucial to the inner work. It is not a day and age of stowing away into a monastery (as I once wanted to do) - at least not here in our Western culture, I don't think. Right now, feels a time of forging a firmer commitment to and recognition of my self/Self, in all ways.

About five years ago, I entered a period of significant awareness of my dream world. I then woke 4 and 5 times a night, most nights, to record my dream images. By day, I felt carried by quite a grace. I could not initially make sense of all of them. I was only certain that I was on a road of healing leading to wholeness. During that very active period of dream recall, I found the MDS site and would pour over its pages. It remained a constant source that I would turn to for help in understanding what was occurring in my life.

As a child (teenager) I adored Christ. When I read the New Testament, I "felt" he spoke to me as brother - that he and I were the same - that the potential for realization of the Self lay within us each. With hindsight, I recognize that I knew this on a deep level. However, it did not mean that I did not go on to have a multitude of projections of the "Other." I see that early awareness as a seed planted that would someday blossom. Since entering my active healing journey, I have engaged in my fair share of worshipping others (and come to see how it is that our society conditions us to do so). I've worked with healers that I worshipped, not to mention a guru or two (and the myriad of others that develop as we live our lives unconsciously) - the experiences of which left me deeply hurt and longing only to know my own Self/Soul. A few years ago, I began to seriously contemplate my myriad projections and the old parable that says, "If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him." And a significant thing happened when looking in the mirror one day: I was overcome with a powerful energy sensation moving through my being and saw an inner vision of spiraling, corkscrewing flowers (as if dialing in and then out) against a deep blue field. I felt certain that this was my personal symbol heralding the movement of the withdrawal of projections in my life. It sits framed on my wall now and also holds the reflection of the qaurternity and the Uroboros. There then came a powerful dream voice that said to me, "The half truth of God can take an elephant down - and the whole truth of God will take the whole house down." It's been quite the journey since - and I trust I don't need to tell you that withdrawing our projections is both a painful and very liberating (very healing) process. "Worshipping no man," is something I continue to work on.

Embrace

stats from 7-14-10 to the present