Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
old house, dead people, and blood everywhere

I have had a recurring dream for about 10 years or so, and I need help with it.
In my dream, I'm standing in a hallway at the doorway to a room in a really old house (think ancient, not just 20-30 years old). The house has obviously been abandoned, and strongly resembles the Saw movies- filthy, cobwebby, with dark stained walls and floors. I look into the room, and see body parts of people I love dearly scattered all over the room. Someone has not just killed, but abused and desecrated, the people who mean the most to me in all the world. There are huge sprays of blood all over the walls, furniture, and floor. The place is just covered with it. I'm holding a rusted and bloody machete in my hand, horrified, and wondering if I did this.
Then I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Denver

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: old house, dead people, and blood everywhere

Cindy,
Hallways are often symbolic of connections to parts of the self that are unrealized {a doorway-unconscious opening up to consciousness}. The old house, ancient, may refer to the very deep unconscious that is addressing some part of you that has been abandoned. The body parts are most likely your own. Something that has drained all of your energy {inner energy if not outer}. You are wondering if you did this to yourself.

Such dreams usually are about aspects of your life, most likely past experiences. The abandoned part may be about emotional experiences or feelings of actual abandonment sometime in your life. I suggest you focus on the line 'abused and desecrated, the people who mean the most to me in all the world'. The abuse would probably be what was done to you. If such abuse has occurred there may be questions within your mind who is to blame. Often the abused blame themselves when in fact it is others who are to blame. There may be feelings of abandonment in your present life, perhaps depression. I would not get anywhere near machetes, to prevent possible harm to yourself.

Does the above fit anywhere within your life? I sense this is a dream that calls out for help. I hope you will post a response to help determine that fact, and your safety {if I am correct in my assumptions}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow. You are good! Most of what you say does connect with my reality. There was abuse in my past, certainly. And I did blame myself for it for a long time(so did the abuser, of course). I also tend to blame myself for doing something wrong anytime someone I know is not happy, even if they don't blame me.
I've also been fighting depression most of my adult life, tho the current meds seem to be working beautifully. I think you can rest easy that I'm in no danger from machetes or anything else, as I currently have a wonderful life with no more stress than most.
I'm going to go over what you said some more and see if I can get to the deeper meaning, and hopefully they'll stop. Thank you SO much for your insight. You really are amazing.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Denver

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Cindy,
The credit goes to Carl Jung and his psychology of dreams. I am merely a conduit {willing conduit} of that knowledge.

The good news is you have your depression under control. As for the deeper meaning I would look to the 'abandoned house' and determine what that is about. Metaphorically speaking {the language of dreams} the house is you. The abandoned aspect may lead to deeper realizations that control how you act in the present {I also tend to blame myself for doing something wrong anytime someone I know is not happy}. That exact sentiment is expressed in your dream {I'm holding a rusted and bloody machete in my hand, horrified, and wondering if I did this.}
And of course the abuse would central to your emotional state of being. Has that aspect of your life been reconciled?

If you have other dreams you feel important please post them and perhaps we will gain insights from those dreams.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

stats from 7-14-10 to the present