Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
just some weird dream

Hello,

it's not like this dream I had tonight would be particularly interesting, but it's the feeling that confuses me - I don't understand why were they so warm and fuzzy really ...

I remember more scenes from the dream, but this one is the one I remember the most. I was in school, in my classroom, just that all the desks stood differently as they usually do (in neat three rows), they stood as they sometimes did in primary school - all together they formed a big letter U. So I sat somewhere near the blackboard with my back to the window. I don't remember any professors teaching or anything. Next to me sat N. (male), one of my classmates, and was talking to his friends. I was writing something in my notebook, and suddenly I notice that sun is shining very brightly on my back, but the rest of the classroom is dark, because the heavy brown curtains were drawn. And then I hear N. saying something like "look at her, so nice and pretty and white" and the next second he sits very close to me and leans, in a very cat-like manner, his head on my shoulder. I think he fell asleep or something, but he seemed to feel somehow content and ... well, he really reminded me a lot of a purring cat after lunch.

This is really weird, because in 'day life' he doesn't like me at all. I mean, he does not hate me or anything, but we hardly speak a word (it was really amusing seeing him today and imagining what would be his reaction if he knew what odd things was he doing in my dreams ). I do not feel attracted by him or anything. I don't really care about him, but he is the one who dislikes me (I wouldn't mind his company or anything either). He listens to old rock and punk and is a very good painter too. He's really into art.

And I remember some other situation from day life that maybe reminds of this: last year, somewhere in april, I was sitting in front of some guy I have this crush on , and I was turned around and we were talking about something I don't remember anymore, and suddenly pale sunshine shone directly on me and I was wearing a thin white long-sleeved T-shirt and my hair were shining and my skin is also very pale, and I felt like I was radiating white colour, and I was blinking into the light that was coming from behind his back (I was turned around) and he suddenly smiled. I didn't really know why he did that, but it felt very warm. Dunno, maybe that's completely off topic.

Yeah, back to the feelings in this dream. At first, I felt somehow honored. I mean, he doesn't like me in the usual life. Then I was getting really sleepy because the sun was warm and I wanted to fall asleep too, but I couldn't lean anywhere with him on my shoulder. I remember thinking about leaning on his head, but the clear thought was "no, he's a guy, you can't lean on him in that way - you're a girl and you are the one who should lean on his shoulder and then he could lean on your head, and not otherwise". Something like that. So I just sat there.

Other scenes I remember from the dream are my sister (14 yrs) telling me that my classmates have been nasty to her, me getting mad at them about that, DiCaprio crushing a violin on the head of Kate Winslet (I don't know what that was about, they had a row or sth ), jumping on a bed in supposedly my own appartment. But the weirdest scene is this one described above.

Thanks for any help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yeah

Re: just some weird dream

wendy,
The U is most likely 'YOU'. Unless there are traumatic experiences in your past {childhood} then the dreams are most likely addressing normal desires {fitting in, being liked by your peers}. Yet there does seem to be a reluctance to take charge {masculine aspects}. Is there any distrust of men/boys in general? If so why? Let me know your answers and I'll try to sort out the waking life conditions {normal} from the possible unconscious motivations.
What was your childhood like? Do you consider yourself as having a normal life?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hm, I don't know if U means me. I mean, in english it does sound like 'you', but in my mother language it goes more like 'here' or sth.

I consider having a normal childhood and an ok life in general.

Distrust against men/boys? Well with my boyfriend we just split up and maybe I was a bit too young to start any relationship, I've just flung myself into something completely unknown, and it seems a bit sad that the state of euphoria when you fall in love can't last forever (actually, that's what I thought before when I said I was too young: too young to have a true, firm and lasting attachment to someone ... not just the attraction), but I'm trying very hard not to be bitter about it, because hey, that's just the way it goes and sooner I accept that the better. I want life to go on. (Is this a too passive way of looking on life?)

So generally, no real reason to distrust men.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Wendy,
The mother language could very well have something to do with the meaning of 'U'. But how the dream is stated makes me believe the 'U' is you. The way you stated the dreams was quite discombobulated and hard to put together and I could be wrong in my reading. The distrust I mentioned could very well have with the breakup with your bf. Is there a connection there {answer honestly-this is about you, no matter what the 'U' represents in the dream}. Of course it could be an unconscious association more so than conscious which may be beyond your understanding, being so young. And at your age dreams often use the language it experiences from everyday social interaction {which would be different from my teen years-slang like 'far out man', groovy', out of sight'}.

And you are right about being too young for a lasting attachment. Your education should come first. Boys/men will occupy plenty of your time later in life. But I sense you realize that. Bravo for those insights.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hm. You know, that story about my crush smiling when I was blinking in the sun from my first post ... that crush was later that bf for a few months. I don't know why I memorised that event so vividly (maybe because I found some connection between that feeling of white colour radiating from me and feeling in peace with myself or something ...), but it was the first association I thought of in the morning, especially because N. in the dream mentioned white colour ("so pretty and white"). And so I was scrambling about it in the first post. Sorry, obviously I didn't realise it will sound so confusingly chattering.

So yeah, maybe there's more connection with my ex than it could be seen from the beginning. And although I said in the 2nd post that I try hard not being bitter about the breakup ... I still sometimes find myself being much more cynical about love and relationships than I ever was. You know the scenario, it's spring now - you pass a kissing couple on your way to the piano teacher for example, or you find out that your best friend is hopelessly in love, or you accidentally hear some celebrity gossips, and the first thing you think of is "how stupid they are, do they really think it lasts? And then they'll get just more miserable than they are now ... And then later the whole story all over again and again ... " So yeah, the whole thing has definately spoiled me, I was obviously too young and too gullible. I TRY not being distrustful, but it's not enough. It needs time, I suppose. I was hurt because I somehow got the feeling that he got bored of me (I mean, he IS 16 after all). And then sometimes I think that this is maybe just the way all men work: fall in love quickly, fall out of love quickly. I think I'm different, I need loads of time for each of these things. Maybe that is the difference between the activeness and pasiveness all over again. And then I'm mad at me because I know he's much more than a stereotype of a man and that I am much more than just a stereotype of a girl (it's hard to type woman when I speak of myself ... ).

I'm really sorry, I got all chattery AGAIN ... you really needn't know all that ... Yeah, so I have to take back what I said in 2nd post, surely there is some distrust.

Wendy,
"I still sometimes find myself being much more cynical about love and relationships than I ever was".
My question in my first post "Is there any distrust of men/boys in general?" does seem to have relevance. But there is more at play than just this one experience in your waking life. So much is taking place in your life, and 16 is an important stage of life. But the jest may be relationships. At 16 love is always in the air.

I must compliment you on your maturity for being able to absorb the difficult understanding of the dream psyche. Your interest at such an early age will be beneficial, especially if you continue to use your dreams in the future. The first thing in understanding oneself is your psychology. Everything else is secondary.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present