Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my gf of three years gets stabbed

My g/f of three years who i love and charish dearly, is out side on the side of the road with an old man, i randomly catch this because for some reason unknown to me im driving a blue sedan, i slow down and when i recognize the girl is her, and as soon as i get out of the car, the man stabs her 4 times and runs away. i woke up crying and thats wierd for me seeing as i havent cried like that since i was like 7, if anyone know what the heck thats suposed to mean, please tell me...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 antioch il, u.s.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: my gf of three years gets stabbed

Hi Matt,

The great thing about dreams is that they are a sort of a commentary on inner or outer situations where the degree of ego involvement is minimal. The other great thing is that you can follow the commentary or decide not to. They also tend to be compensatory, which means they point you into a direction that you should be heading towards - if you agree with it.

The thing that stands out is how you announced your girlfriend to the forum. You abbreviated her, but put how long you have had a relationship with her in full and how much you cherrish her - yet she achieves abbreviated status ie. gf. you don't even use the number 3, you spelled it out. Like it's a big announcement.

The old man, seeing he is unknown may well be the archetype of the wise old man. The part of you that seems to know what is going on, wisdom. And this part of you does not have a good relationship with you as it is an unknown old man.

There seems to be an attitude or belief that you have devloped about your girlfriend as denoted by you driving, and there is definitely an ending involved as denoted by the stabbing. I would probably put my money on you having to kill of an attitude/belief about your girlfriend. If I read between the lines (and I could be well and truly wrong) it sounds like your g/f is more of an accessory.

Just to be safe Matt, nothing in dreams is literal. It's always symbolic.

Wait and see what others say about your dream.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: my gf of three years gets stabbed

Matt,
What Stephen had to say about dreams being taken as literal is important. Don't take the dream as a literal action of someone stabbing your girlfriend. The dream may or may not have anything to do with your gf, and this stabbing surely has little to do if anything with a real stabbing of her. It is purely symbolic language, the language used in dreams {symbols and metaphor}.

Something I noticed about the numbers in the dream. Your relationship with your gf has been going on for 3 years. She was stabbed in the dream 4 times. The last time you cried this much was when you were 7. 4 + 3 equals 7. It would not be unusual for a dream to use such symbols to portray deeper hidden messages. If there is a connection t would be to the recent experiences in your life that are associated to experiences when you were 7 years old. This is probably a remote possibility but a viable one.

If there is a relationship the dream may be addressing the following:

The language in the dream "i randomly catch this because for some reason unknown to me im driving a blue sedan" may be addressing repressed or forgotten experiences of depression or 'blue' feelings {blue sedan-the sedan or car is you}.
The girl in your dream would not represent your actual girlfriend but would be an anima figure-your own feminine aspect.

For this to fit there would have been memorial experiences {yet repressed due to the emotional pain} when you were 7 years old. What was the experience when you were 7 that made you cry? Has there been similar experiences of recent that may have happened? Or something that recently occurred that made you remember those emotions when you were 7? Look at this possibility and let me know your reaction. We may be able to gain further insights with your reply.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present