Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Engagement and End of The World

Hey there. I would love some understanding on this. I think the second dream is in relation to the first one which is why I am posting both.

First Dream:

I am at the county office with my bf. He is getting a license of some sort. I am not sure what. But, I tell the lady behind the counter to throw in a marriage license when he is not looking. I want her to sneak it in, and she winks and does so. Only it's really a big book in a leather brown binding and so I have no clue how he won't notice. When she tells him the total of $14.00 he asks why it's not $7 like it should be. She tells him she also charged a $7 service fee of which he was not happy. I then confess that there is indeed a marriage license and he doesn't seem angry at all. The lady says something like, after all it will be nice to have when you are on the beaches of Nicaragua and who could resist love there. He agrees to my relief and we leave.

We go to a jewelery store to look for rings. I keep insisting that it be inexpensive and the correct size. The salesmen takes one out and it looks to tiny but somehow fits on my finger, I don't like it and when I take it off it flings across the room and rolls under the counter. He then takes out a ring that has 3 diamonds on it & they are blue. He slips it on me and I really like it. The 3 blue diamonds are in a diagonal line and I love how non-traditional the ring is. I decide to keep that one. Then we look for the wedding bands. We want white gold and not gold because I hate gold, and we find those and then leave.

The Second Dream:

I am at home with my boyfriend and I get the feeling that it's the end of the world. Our neighbors across the street are sick and they are selling everything because they need the money. They beg us to come over and buy some stuff that night when the sale starts. We agree to. When we get there the couple is just standing there looking terribly sad and I try to convince them to keep the open box of cereal for themselves. I tell them that they need to eat. They look like my bf and I only much older. The women especially looks sad about having to lose her pets.

The next thing I know there is a flood wiping out everything, and it is the end of the world.

Flash forward, there are only a few survivors, my bf & I being one of them. The leader of our little group is a beast. he is green and large, with yellow eyes, but he is strong, and intelligent. He is also brave and kind. He scared me at first, but then I realized he was ok. We came up to a bridge, but it was no longer up. There is just a very small piece sticking out from the edge of the cliff, and it is only big enough for one foot after the other, and only long enough for 2 feet. They want me to step on it and test it. I look and see the other part of the bridge is about 30 feet below us and then the 3rd part of the bridge is 30 feet above that. So, to get to the other side we would have to jump down and then back up, which I refuse to do because I am terrified of bridges as it is. Fast forward, I don't know how we got across.
I took a bath in front of the group, and read a book that he was having us read. The bathtub is outside. We are supposed to read this book and discover our truths. I can not discover mine. I only know that the end is here. I get out of the bath and he tells me that I have cancer and I will be dieing. I don't understand why, when I read the book like he said. All but one side. Nobody else read the book, except for his gf and I, and since I didn't read the back page I have cancer. His girlfriend is also telling me that I will die. Everyone desires the approval of the Beast. We come to a clearing and I am injured, either my arm or leg, I can not remember. There is a big deep hole in the ground which they throw me into and cover. I can not dig my way out. It is pitch black and I sit there and rock waiting for my bf to come and save me. I know he will come back and get me once the group has moved on. I hope that there are no animals in there that will try to hurt me before then.

I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Michigan

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Engagement and End of The World

I just remembered this part of my 2nd dream.

When I was in the bath I was trying to wash my hair, only it didn't seem to get wet. It was just staying dry and almost sticky. I was pouring gobs and gobs of shampoo into my hair, but it wouldn't get soapy and clean. I looked at the bottle and realized it was conditioner. I was disappointed because there was no shampoo. I then had to convince myself to dip my head into the tub, but I was scared to for two reasons. One, I didn't want to leave myself exposed to danger by having my eyes closed and not being aware of my surroundings and two, I didn't want to drown. The beast gf was also in the bath with me. she watched out while I plugged my nose and quickly dipped my head under the water to remove the conditioner. I remember being fearful because I couldn't breathe, and then I resurfaced. The tub was pewter.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Gerard,

I am bumping this to the top because I am interested in hearing what you think of this. This one I am afraid does have a lot to do with my current life, but even one day changes my feelings on the situation that I feel this is a reflection of, so I am afraid I will lose the original meaning.

Posh,
These dreams are probably a result of those early life experiences of abuse. One aspect of that is your mistrust of men in general and he need to reconcile those emotions against your current relationship. Deep down there is that mistrust {understandable due to your experiences} but in your waking life you are going about life as usual putting your doubts into 'storage'. The part about the marriage license is probably addressing the hurdles of overcoming your mistrust. You want your relationship to 'fit but because of the unconscious emotions that is difficult.

The second dream is at first addressing the same issues but then begin to confront the 'beast' you have to live with {the monster being the early experiences as a child}. The positive spin you have cast upon the beast {he is strong, and intelligent, brave and kind} represents the way you cope with these inner emotions. You have had to cross the bridge to understanding the emotional issues {recognizing and accepting the fact there was inappropriate contact with Al}. It was difficult but you succeeded {I don't know how we got across}. But that message also indicates you are not completely sure of the experiences and how to truly cope with them.

The bath outside is exposing these inner emotions and undergoing a cleansing because you are dealing with them. You are seeking to discover the truth. The cancer is your emotional pain and what you are doing now {dreams and interpretations} is dying to the old self {dying representing the death of not confronting the emotional pain}.
Note" death in a dream seldom represents an actual death of a person. What is dying or has died is some aspect of your psyche.

The approval of the Beast. You capitalised the B because it has had unconscious control of your emotional life. The hole is your unconscious and digging out is bringing out these emotional pains. The influences of these painful experiences has unconsciously caused you to mistrust men and to be saved would represent putting that mistrust into proper perspective.
The message being that mistrust of all men is not what you need to do. It was one man who caused your pain, and not ALL men.

Does this resonate? Do you have problems trusting your boyfriend even though he is a great guy? Past childhood experiences never go away and the pain they cause often becomes an unconscious motivator of how you feel and act later on in life. Your mistrust is due to those past experiences in childhood and not experiences in the present {even though you will discover there are a lot of men who can never trust}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

It may be true. I like to think that what happened in the past is not going to affect EVERYTHING but I know that it probably does.

What has happened was my boyfriend, he is the first man I ever trusted, of over 4 years cheated on me and now I am contemplating moving out, and that is what I am confused about.

Can't go into detail this second. Will later.

Posh,
I didn't know about your bf cheating on you. Unfortunately that most likely reinforces your distrust of men. Not that you shouldn't be leery of men {for every good one there are probably 3 bad ones}. But the experiences from childhood could be more damaging than just the trust you seek. If left unresolved it could cause you to become even more cynical. That would not be healthy and the chance of having a good relationship may slip by. I hope you do resolve the childhood issues. You have the rest of your life ahead of you and the natural inclination for companionship, a family, and love could pass you by. That would be unfortunate and something I hope does not happen.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

That wouldn't happen with me. I am very childlike, naive and innocent when it comes to believing in love and life. I am the one who is told all the time that I live life in a fantasy world. I just believe that love can heal anything, and I thought I had found someone who loved me back the same. Obviously, he did not. But, I am not bitter. I am looking into buying my own house now and will move out once I have that done. Like they say, if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present