Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wetting Myself/Molestation

I hope it's ok that I post a second dream. I figured while I was here I would post this one that has bothered me. I have this dream about this man every now and then, it's not always the same exact thing, but the context is the same. Here is the most recent one I have had:

I was only 4 in the dream and I was with this man, his name is Al, he use to date my mom. He was laying on the couch and I was standing in front of him and he was touching me. I was so scared and I didn't like it. I didn't know why he was doing that. I heard a door open and I ran into the bathroom and locked myself in there before anyone could see what he did and get mad at me. I wet myself before I could get to the toilet in time. I was so scared and lost.

[End Dream]
Comments:

I also would wet the bed and still do sometimes (I am 23) when I have these dreams of this man touching me.

I don't know what it could be about, I don't have a memory of him doing that. I have a memory of his 14 year old son touching me. I block it out. He was in his 40's and my mom was in her early 20's when she moved in with his wife and him. They were supposedly divorced. I do remember seeing naked pictures of him and his wife. He was fat and disgusting. Why did he want my mom to live there? He went to jail for 13 years for burglary.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Michigan

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Wetting Myself/Molestation

Posh, There are no limits on dream posts. I will see what I can come up with later today when I have more time to give to it. The theme subject is intriguing, for sure. But for now it is 'off to work'!. The social dragon must be satisfied {where is my winning lottery ticket?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

ahhh yes, the social dragon. I work from home, and for myself in an attempt to avoid that, but it doesn't always work.

I am interested in my other dream as well. Hope not to be greedy, but I have a feeeling I know why I have this one.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Posh,
I apologize for not getting to your dream yesterday. The dragon was one up on me. And my intuitive Self wasn't functioning as it should. To give an interpretation without the intuitive mind doesn't serve either of us well. Bad advice is worse than no advice. Especially for a dream {and actual experiences} that is as serious as this one.

Could there have been contact by the older man and you are repressing the experience? Could it be what you remember was actually the older man touching you and not the 14 year old boy? That may be hard to bring up from your unconscious since you don't wish to deal with any of it. The whole environment during your early childhood was inappropriate and being so young you may have repressed the experiences.

Going to the bathroom often represents a need to let something out, to eliminate the emotional pain by confiding dark secrets. Perhaps, even if it were just the 14 year old who 'touched' you, that may still need reconciling. If the bed wetting is indeed connected to these experiences it would explain why you still have the problem. Obviously those early years were not what a young girl needs to be exposed to. There may be a need for help from a trained therapist {something you should not be afraid of} to help sort it all out. It will remain within your unconscious, and your dreams, until it has properly been addressed.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,

Thanks for the interpretation.

I am sure that he did touch me, as my sister was younger than I was and she told our dad about it. The day after my dad found out they packed us into a moving van (al & his family & my mom) and moved us 3 hours away. My dad did not know what happened to us. When they found Al and put him in jail for burglary we went back with my dad. I only know this because my step-mom told me and when I asked my dad he said it was true. I remember whenever I asked my grandma about Al she would not want to talk about him. My mom doesn't know about him molesting us and if I told her she wouldn't believe me. I don't remember that part, I only remember them moving us, we were in the back of the moving van the whole way.

His son did touch me. He would play house with my sister and I and I was the mom, he was the dad and she was the baby, but, we had to "make" the baby. I am sure you can imagine what would happen after that. It is when both my sister and I started to wet the bed. I stopped at around age 7, but, I would still have accidents on and off all the way until even now.

I am sure that I am blocking it out, but I really dont want to remember that. In your opinion, the only way to stop these dreams would be to let my repressed memories come to surface and deal with them?

Sorry for the long winded response. I hope the details are not to inappropriate or confusing.

Posh,

The answer to the question you asked Gerard regarding the dreams stopping (when we face the issues they are heralding for our attention), you have probably already inferred from his response to your other dream ('End of the World').

The blocking of memory of such experiences when young is a protective psychic mechanism. It's a kind of 'storage,' if you will, until one has gained the ego strength neccessary to face and effectively deal with what they simply were unable to deal with at a very early period of life.

Dreams that a dreamer labels 'End of the World' often signal great change catalyzing in one's life. The end of what is old so that a new world/new life may be born. The ability of your psyche to creatively deal with the memories of your past is evidenced in the imagery of this dream.

It shows that you are (your psyche is) already healing, though there is yet much work to be done.

I just wated to affirm, from one who has "been there,"
that, yes, the dreams will eventually stop - (and I suspect the bedwetting, too, though I have no experience with that) - as you continue to to work through/heal the issue(s) the dreams present to you. It is the only way.

A mature and compassionate therapist experienced in these matters would be beneficial for you.

Very Best Wishes,
Embrace

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Overland Park, KS

Embrace,
Life's experiences can be valuable for others. Your experiences can be productive for those who may be going through the same experiences. Willing to share your emotional experiences is a wise and honorable thing. And going beyond your own problems to help others, that is spiritual. It is appropriate advise for this forum. Helping others to heal emotional wounds is as much part of the process as is providing interpretations for dreams. The goal is the healing. We all have wounds that need a healing, and compassionate touch. Your advise and experience are appreciated.

Gerard

thank you both for the advice. :)

I really appreciate it.

I think dreams are so valuable, and too often we just blow them off.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present