Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
school

School was the theme of my dreams in the last two nights. In the first night I was in the college trying to find a room to stay. But then, as I was deciding, two policemen came and said I had not paid insurance, so had to do that soon. Later I was alone in my room, and someone was on the other side of the door, trying to enter... a thief. In the rest of the dream, I felt threatened that someone wanted to steal my things.

This night, I was in the college again, in a class. My mother was there too, beside another woman, who was quiet and was watching what I was doing. My mother was saying things that sounded quite stupid, that were supposed to make others laugh but did not. I asked her to stop doing this.

Thanks for your input.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: school

Elona,
Schools provide an education for the future. Your dreams provide an education about yourself, in the present {with the past often included, depicting who you are in the present}. Colleges provide higher education. This dream symbol may represent higher understanding of some aspect of your psyche.

The room you are looking for in the dream may be a place within yourself that needs to be found. That may involve unconscious experiences from your past.

Insurance may be a symbol for security. Police provide protection. The unconscious experiences may be aspects that need to be acknowledged but they are hidden away so to provide security from confronting the emotional pain {this is the ego at work-denying the conscious mind of emotional trauma so not to have to endure the pain}. The thief may be the ego. It threatens you because if it becomes conscious the emotional pain will result from it.

The stupid remarks intended to make others laugh. This may be the way the conscious mind covers up the emotional pain {laughter as a remedy to pain}. But the stupid remarks may also represent actual experiences. If you can not find associations in your waking life to your mother {regarding the stupid remarks} then she may represent personal aspects.

What is it that needs to be stopped? Examine those aspects of your life {things that need to be stopped}. Is there unconscious experiences that cause pain when you give thought to it that needs to confronted? I get the impression there are personal associations to the dream that only you can understand. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps the pieces will fit better.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,

Thank you for this interpretation: I had thought it had to do with learning something about me, but could not make a linkage with the other themes in my dream.
The truth is that I have learned about myself a lot, and it wasn’t a result of one month, but maybe years, that’s why I probably see it as a college in my dream.

I am indeed looking for a place within me where I store my deepest emotional pains and hurt feelings and some events in the everyday life have triggered this search or have awakened them somehow. But I am not ready to confront this without “insurance”. Not yet I guess. At the same time, no policemen seems reassuring to me. I find your interpretation of the “thief” as very right on: it may very well be my ego, who in attempt to resolve issues, is trying to interfere with the raw material that my unconscious faithfully holds. I can see this in my conscious life: I am always trying to come to terms with how I feel and why I feel that way, many times regretting what I did and blaming myself over.

Stupid remarks are indeed actual experiences, as my mother is involved in such situations in certain occasions, however it may represent the part of me that I see as similar to her – which I fear so much – thus talking stupidly in the public.

What is it that needs to be stopped? I need to stop blaming myself for what has happened in the past, I need to stop dreaming of how things could have been if I behaved differently, I need to stop regretting and suffering about what I did not achieve and start living life. Maybe I am learning this, but it’s taking awhile.

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Elona,
"I need to stop blaming myself for what has happened in the past". That is often the problem. Even if there were instances where you were to blame you need to reconcile those experiences and move on. If others were hurt due to your actions {I have such experiences from my past} then I suggest repentance and reconciliation with those you caused pain. Mending the pain is essential for both yourself and others.

On the other hand, if was you who was harmed then you need to reconcile that. Often those who are victims are made to feel they were to blame {a usual tactic by the abuser}. That must be confronted, as well as the person{s} who caused the harm. That may be the lesson of the higher education {college}. The thief may be these people, stealing your piece of mind and still causing you pain. Confronting abuse and abusers is a delicate thing and should be done with others who are aware of the experiences. If done properly you will be able to reconcile the painful experiences and move on.
Let's hope that can be done. Animus aspects may be required. Take control and do what needs to be done to put this behind you {as best as possible}. I believe you are heading in the right direction.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present