Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
spider/chemistry

Hi there,

I had these two dreams a few nights ago, sometime last week. I don't know if they're somehow connected to each other, but they're posted here in the order in which I dreamt them.

Dream One:

I was standing in the front porch of the house I used to live in when I was younger with my grandfather. I remember standing on the familiar white, tile floor, but surrounding the porch were all sorts of exotic plants and different types of tropical vegetation that weren't there when I lived in the house. The plants were growing high enough that I couldn't see over them into the street in front of the house. Suddenly, as I was looking around, I notice a big, hairy, brownish/yellowish spider crawl onto one of the leaves. Upon seeing it, my grandfather went over to where it was and picked it up. He began laughing and smiling as the spider crawled all over his hand and forearm. I remember thinking in the dream, as I watched him, that his behavior was very unusual because my grandfather is normally a very serious man in real life and wouldn't laugh like a little kid over something like a spider which he doesn't like to begin with. So as he touched the spider, he told me to look at it and hold it. I'm terrified of spiders and I still held this fear in the dream as well. I told him no and that I didn't want it anywhere near me and as I was considering walking off, the spider jumped out of my grandfather's hands, literally crawled through the air, (not on the ground), and then proceeded to bite me in the back of the neck. Then I woke up seriously freaked out.

Dream 2:

I was in my Chemistry class in the morning and I was sitting in my seat and somehow knew in the dream, that a young man whose name is Pastor, held a strong attraction for me. I was flattered in the dream, but in reality, we're just casual acquaintances. Then, back to the dream, I remember I went to go say hi to one of my friends and before I could reach her, Pastor jumps in front of us with a huge smile plastered on his face just to say "hi" to me. Then, the dream skips to where he's just staring at me and was absolutely infatuated for one reason or another. Then I woke up.

Any help with the interpretations, please? Thanks alot, appreciate it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: spider/chemistry

Gina,
Dreams of a 16 year old can be very difficult to interpret since so much of the contents are focused on actual waking life experiences. An older person's dreams are more focused on past experiences that affect their present lives. The latter can be better understood since the symbols are most likely metaphorical. A younger person's dreams are more prone to be associated with ego building, whereas an older person's dreams are reflecting what has already been built.
But this is just an excuse in case I miss entirely the possible meaning of your dreams.

Whereas there are probably personal experiences about this dream that only you can know about {having to do with actual experiences involving your grandfather}, I will address what I see in the deeper sense.

My impressions of the first dream is it is addressing your own growth and development. Plus the fears involved in that progression. The plants may represent you and your personal growth. Not being able to see over the plants would represent not clearly seeing what the future holds {normal for any 16 year old}. Life is coming at you with in a flurry, your body and psyche are changing at a rapid pace. And when you look around you there are all kinds of serious dangers {spider}. An older, wiser, stronger {masculine aspects} would treat such impulses as a normal experience. The first impulse of an inexperienced person is to run but your wise self {something that still developing} uses levity to counter the fears. This is something a young person can do, whereas as you age you loose that sense of humor. And to run away from it all. It tends to come back and bite you {your fears}.

The second dream is most likely addressing those 'heart' conditions. At your age 'chemistry' is what you look for, in boys. Perhaps your genes are ready for such things but there may be moral obstacles that tend to get in the way {the Pastor}. Again it is the wisdom aspect of the deeper psyche {as with your grandfather} that come through in a life of a teen whose ego seeks its own recognition. Growing up as a teen is a stage of life. As a plant grows so does the life of a teenager.

Wish I could be more forth coming about these dreams but the only thing that is evident is there are fears and desires in life. Your ego life is just beginning and the focus is on the fears and desires. After that, as you age, they become more real and levity ceases to be an outlet that works. You do not realize that now but there is a wiser self within your young mind that 'already' senses these truths. If you can learn to listen to this wiser self {your grandfather} you will be able to live a fuller and better life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,
Thank you so much for your help with the interpretations. I never realized that teenagers' dreams are often associated with building, as opposed to adult dreams which focus on what has already been built in their lives and how it affects them today. Also, the fact that you said the dreams are metaphorical helps me see their symbolism more instead of perceiving them as so literal, like I often do. Hopefully I'll be able to better understand the meaning of my own dreams in the future and thanks to your help, I'll be sure to listen to my "wiser self" more often.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Gina,
That is very wise, and mature. If you will take the time to understand dreams, that they can be theraupedic, you will have a tool for your future that will be useful and help shape a balanced life. These are unconscious messages that relate to your true emotions, your wounded emotions, your aspirations, the different aspects of your personality and psyche. The most important thing to look for is that creative self , that thing in life you love doing most {what Joseph Campbell called 'following your bliss}. Often it is mid-life when such realizations come up. But if you can tune in on those aspects, incorporate them into your waking life, you will live a happier, more harmonious life. Dreams do this because you focus your attention as much on the 'inner life' and not just the outer life that is chained to material worth, ego attention and a lack of being centered in the 'natural' aspects that sustain life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present