Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Golden Dog on Open Range

I am at a round, “outdoor” café table sitting with two women, yet the space feels somewhat confined. I don’t see the sky or any stretch of scenery, just the walls surrounding the table on the three sides toward which I face. While I am the age of a young teen, I feel older inside, wiser than is normally expected of a young teenager. The woman to my left appears to be the age of a young adult. The woman to my right is a middle aged woman. The women are eating a creamy, layered, mousse/pudding desert. The younger woman has me to sample hers. I take a few bites and comment on how sweet and delicious it is. Next, the older woman invites me nearer to her, to share her desert with me. I feel she has something to share with, pass on to, me. She is a very nurturing woman, generous, but very wise. The kind of woman who knows when (and when not) to speak and just how much to say/share. She has deep, soulful eyes. Suddenly, as I sit there near her, I find myself holding her in my arms as she dies. I have a feeling sense of great grace – an expression of honor and much gratitude for her, as she passes. I am concerned to console the young woman, to have her know it is okay to be losing this woman. Scene changes. I seem to see three young women come to take a young girl (back to where she belongs). And, then, three young men who come to take a young girl (back to where she belongs). I feel it is the same young girl (me) that both groups of persons come after. Next, I arrive at a large ranch on a wide open range. The skies are wide open over great expanses of land. Still, I feel as a young teen, in heart and spirit. I swing the entry gates open wide. The corrals are empty. There is no livestock contained here. I imagine them running free somewhere over land. There is a sense of freedom here, of space, of being. I see a golden, medium sized dog come running down the long, natural dirt lane from the main house. The dog is “speaking” my name, calling out after me as she runs as fast as she can to come to me. She is very happy to see me, and I her, that I have returned for her. I have the sense there are others at the main house who know I have arrived and are looking on (from the distance) as I greet the dog. They too are happy (for me) that I’ve come. The dog and I greet one another, like best friends having once again found one another. Suddenly, the dog is also now passing as I hold her. I feel she waited only for me to return. I hold her gently, feeling much appreciation and love, thankful for her, as she takes her last breaths.

Embrace

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, KS

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Golden Dog on Open Range

Hi Embrace,

I just started writing out a long interpretation, but I got the feeling I needed to hear from you in this dream. What do you think the dream is commenting on, Embrace?

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Stephen,

The healing of abandonment issues.

To the teen and young woman of me, the older woman was age appropriate to be "mother."

My young home life was very non-nurturant.

It feels to me to be about the passing of the projection of the mother figure(s) outside of me, that the younger child of me so looked for.

When I started healing, other feminine (motherly) figures became important role models for me. I greatly needed their mirroring of appropriate nurture... Projection grew into healthy transferrence - until I could begin to find the positive mother in me.

I think the dream is showing that this younger aspect of my psyche has learned (grown) to know and trust that "the mother" is inside of her/me. I am grateful, for I do recognize the importance of transferrence - I value the alchemical significance of relationship with the women who have assisted my journey. But, this is passing now, as I integrate this aspect into my own wholeness. I tend to want to associate the group of young men and the group of young women with my siblings - yet I don't see "them." The energy feels associated with my youth - like the psychic collective of my youth ("gets it" and) ushers me into putting things into proper prospective. The dog who speaks "my name" is me (ofcourse), that part of my instinctual nature that sought love from so many outside of herself - wagging her tail and panting for affection before anyone that felt like "Momma" to her. It all takes place outside, so beginning to be reflected also in my outer life. The transition from the confining space to the greater outdoors = no longer limited by the perception of the mature, nurturing aspect as being other then me, but seeing clearly that she is me, as that beautiful Kristi-dog runs into my arms, now.

Embrace

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Great response, Embrace. My original deleted response was along similar lines. My only suggestion to you is that they are not projections, but 'needs' you were conditioned to require, up until now. Projections are unconscious, yet you worte about them like you know the back of your hand. These needs confined you, but now that you understand how you can give yourself love and affection and nurturance, these condtioned 'needs' are no longer required, which opens up your experiences.

Projections are ego defences and it didn't ring true to me that witholding love would fall into this category.

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi, Stephen:

Yes, certainly a very real and very dear need for me.

Yet, the filling or healing of which is also a function of projection/transferrence. See here, under "transferrence:"

http://www.nyaap.org/index.php/id/7/subid/60

Embrace

Okay Embrace, if that is what you think is right.
Stephen

Yes, Stephen, I do. I also was not negating the validity of what you said. A case of both/and - and not either/or...

Embrace

Stephen,

You said your interpretation was some similar to what I shared of this dream. Will you share with me how it was different ... in what direction it was taking you? I ask, as there has been a development with the dog in my dream of last night.

Thanks.

Embrace

Embrace thanks for sharing your dream, and thoughts about it, I connected with your dream imagery immediately once you had described the elements of the dream and their personal representation to you. On first looking at it it was not immediately apparent what the significance was of the middle aged woman passing away, I have never looked at death in this way as the passing of a 'projection' and has given me much food for thought.

The dog at the end of the dream seems to present as do all symbols a multidimensional meaning. Every incarnation and incarnating species has karma, not in the sense that you sow what you reap but specifically soulful purpose which is the other dimension of how a dream 'reads' so to say.

As I understand dreams contain both the projection of ones psyche onto the dream imagery as well as the highest truth of the symbol/imagery itself.

A dogs soul purpose and karmic debt on incarnation is to help develop responsibility within the 'great plan'.
Humanity is active in transmuting all lower energies in to those higher energies of spiritual love, wisdom and compassion. As the great plan unfolds we learn to develop and intergrate many qualities that can assist us with this alchemical process or spiritual transmutation, Responsibility is one such quality which enables us to take back our projections, to own them if you like. It is through taking responsibility for both our projected shadow and developing qualities that we own them.

When we are not in responsibility we are blaming others or choose to see only those things in others that we refuse to see in ourselves.

Im wandering if the dog in your dream is along with the projected need indicating your unison with a higher responsibility that you are taking in your life now.

Again thanks for sharing you dream most helpful

Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Hi Marce,

I'm on my way out the door for work, so I've not been able to give your comments greater thought, but I do want to say that your view regarding transmuting lower energies in order that we may raise our vibration/evolve our love (if I am reading you correctly) very much resonates with my own. Stepping a bit away from the technicalities of Jungian terminology, I do not see projection only as unconscious and a defense of ego. I feel that anything I do (or have) see(n) and perceive(d) is a projection of my consciousness. But what I mostly wanted to share this moment is that when both the middle aged woman and dog died in my arms, I felt they dissolved into me, my essence, so to speak. Yes, I do feel it is greatly about taking responsibility, for loving and nurturing my self. The dream is very healing, like being in receipt of a gift of healing.

I'll respond more tomorrow.

Embrace

Hi Embrace, I don't really have anything extra from my interpretation to what I previously wrote. But your latest post brought two things into my mind, 'validation' and 'it's the journey, not the destination'. I need to figure out why these two themes came to me.

Stephen

Marce, I just wanted to come back to say that after reading my response to you again, I found I didn't have any more to add, except to say, you're welcome.

Embrace

Hi Embrace

Yes you was reading me correctly, it is also my understanding like yours that all consciousness is a projection, and not just of that which is unconscious as a means of an ego coping mechanism or defense.

Other traditions explore the projection of consciousness quite adeptly, particularly Buddhism.

One such understanding and insight I gleaned was during a meditation retreat we were instructed to meditate on the simplicity of observation of a hill, and to reflect on the undying reality of the nature of the hill. A hill is only a hill from the point of view of our mind/consciousness. However the hill from its point of view has no form, or definition of where it begins and where it ends it just flows as does all that is inherent within nature, both organic and inorganic. It is our mind consciousness that projects and encapsulates, or labels the hill a hill.

Our mind/masculine component is that tool which categorises and labels, it keeps the water in the bucket so to say, and enables us to live in the here and now in a selective manner in which we select what it is we want to be aware of and even this is mostly unconscious.

So its not that the masculine element is a description of what is conscious, but rather is the tool for what we make conscious as that is its part of its masculine doing nature, just as our actions and forms of behaviour are part of our masculine doing nature, and all of this activity can still be unconscious.

To take it a step further, we live within an illusion that is ultimately an illusion created by the ego, it prevents us from seeing truth, and the untruth we learn to identify with is that of the ego, Our Bodyies are the totality of our consciousness and all imbalances of consciousness reflect in the body, life is a metaphor for our beliefs and feelings, out of which we create our present circumstances, all consciousness is projected into both our awake and asleep realities, the only difference is the orientation of perspective which makes us believe within the illusion that our external reality is our waking life as opposed to the truth of it rather being the interaction of our selective mind and our greater self.

As we integrate parts back into our greater self those parts that become split of we start to understand the possibilities and richness of our wholeness. Imagine if we were to integrate the whole of the illusion we project, we once again become at one with the whole of creation, 'wow' quite a cosmic experience. So it seems if reality is a projection of consciousness there can be no accidents no coincidences only well timed meetings, experiences and synchronicities that are an act of intelligence, which are largly unpenetrated by the mind, 'ignorance'. Our waking experiences help us to transcend the illusion we constantly create, and to become cocreative in the process rather than see our circumstances as events that just happen to us.

To understand all as mind and a projection of the mind can shift a person into altered states of reality where all becomes more apparent and clear.

Just some thoughts invoked by the thread

Best to you
Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Hi, Marce:

Thank you for sharing. Again, much of what you siad, resonates with my own experience. I'll use the term mystical to describe them, but they are perhaps not so mystical at all and we've only come to categorize them as such because they are not the "norm" for most people. But I've had many mystical experiences over the course of my years - since a child, but especially in the past several years - that, for me, validated the relative nature of time and what we perceive as "realtiy." Initially, I was just sort of spontaneously catapulted into them, having not really sought them out/or not being aware of what I was searching for and how easily I could find, if that makes sense.

Where you said: "As we integrate parts back into our greater self those parts that become split of we start to understand the possibilities and richness of our wholeness." I couldn't agree more!

I've a poem or more I wrote around all of this.

And to speak for a moment to Stephen's mention of it (life) being about he journey and not the destination, reaching again and again into the unified states of consciousness is no longer something I attempt to "do," they come (or don't come) quite naturally as/when I am resting in stillness/or not. I found that my trying to reach again and again into these states was, for me (and many, I assume) a way to also escape the reality of what IS - when I should be learning to embrace and enjoy all of it, right here, right now. I think that when we somehow come to know/experience the underlying unity of all things, it sure makes taking the journey all the more wonderful, more bearable through the rough moments, for we know the increased wholeness that waits on the other side.

I like Zen Buddhism and also much of Pema Chodron's teachings around Bodhichitta - preferring the definition of this word as being that of compassion and wisdom.

Embrace

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Ks

stats from 7-14-10 to the present