Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Series of bizarre dreams

Hello all.

Im posting on here out of curiosity, and a desire to find some sort of meaning. I have a series of strange dreams recently and I think they are some expression of a problem i have currently.

roughly 3 months ago i suffered a series of panic attacks, and since then i have had a huge amount of general anxiety originally at the stage where i was too afraid to do pretty much anything - even leaving the house was a challenge. Since then i have improved greatly, my anxiety has decreased a lot and i have returned to uni (although i am home at the moment).

Anyway, over the last few weeks i have had a few strange dreams, most of which i cant remember. Generally they have kick started my anxiety again but im learning to not react to these dreams and im attempting to find some sort of meaning in them.

The first dream was at my uni halls. My friends were coming back from a night out, and i was outside of the halls. I heard them coming and tried to hide from them in the shadows, but they saw me and i had to join them. They were all drunk and offered me a joint which i took, although i really didnt want it. I went back to my halls and then was in trouble with my hall warden for wearing a fluorescent jacket. I wasn't scared by the events individually in the dream, but there was a great deal of anxiety generally in the dream.

The second one was only last night. Originally i was out in a garden at my old house, and for some reason i had killed 2 men who i dont know. I was trying to hide them. Then later on i was with a group of friends, and we were all messing around and i stabbed a friend of mine. Although i intended to stab him, noone had realised how bad it was until i suggested he went to hospital. He came back within minutes and was absolutely fine and accepted my apology. I was definitely feeling a bit guilty for stabbing him though! I have absolutely no bad feelings towards him whatsoever, hes a good friend but not particularly close. I cant find any reason why it should be him.

For some reason i feel these dreams important to finally getting over my anxiety problems. Any help would be nice!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20 England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Series of bizarre dreams

Harry,
Do you know what was behind your panic attacks? Have there been other such events in the past? Since you are doing better have you discovered any more as to the cause of your anxieties?

To your dreams. More often dreams of someone your age are addressing waking life conflicts and not the deeper conflicts normally addressed in the dreams of an older person. But because of your panic attacks and general anxieties I will look for those deeper conflicts. The second dream does seem to be addressing deeper aspects.

The uni halls may be addressing the 'higher learning' connected with your anxieties. Hiding in the shadows suggests there are 'shadows' in your life you may not wish to acknowledge. But because of these attacks you are forced to confront them {they saw me and i had to join them". Being drunk {look at the friends as aspects of your own psyche} may represent a 'wanting to forget something'. The joint is a drug. Are you taking medications for your condition? The jacket covers up the body. Fluorescent may indicate those things in the shadows are being illuminated to force you to acknowledge those hidden things. Being in trouble with the hall warden {another aspect of yourself} would represent inner trouble or conflicts.

If this dream is addressing more personal and recent waking experiences then the message would be more straightforward and addressing every day anxieties {other than the more serious anxiety attacks}. Is there anything in the dream that fits with recent experiences, friends being drunk, trouble with hall wardens?

The second dream.
Something is growing within you that may be from your past {garden, old house}. Something has died within you that you are trying to hide {unconsciously hiding}. Most likely the stabbing is something you have done/or doing to yourself {{but most likely not literally}. Perhaps this represents harm or pain you are doing to yourself. It is not something you want to do. The healing is fairly rapid.

My sense is the dreams are addressing not so much the cause of your panic attacks {at least not the underlying physical or psychological causes} but the reasons these attacks come about. Do you take medications for these attacks? Are there times when you don't take the medications like you should and the anxieties recur? What you do to other people in your dreams is usually symbolic of what you may be doing to yourself {unless of course in real life you killed two men and stabbed another}. You state you are feeling better. Is that because you sought on medical advice {hospital} and you are taking your medications as prescribed?
As far as the underlying causes for you anxieties. Has that been diagnosed? Is it a chemical imbalance or some experience from your past that may be the cause?

Let me know your response and perhaps we can gain further insights to these dreams.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present