Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cold War

I see a company sized element of soldiers camping in the basement of the home of my youth. As I look at the basement and all of these soldiers gathered here, the basement appears much larger than did the actual basement of the home of my youth. They need to wash their laundry. I show them how to use the wash machine. The wash machine is a large, cabinet-like washer, capable of washing very large loads of laundry. The commode is somehow also a part of the washing machine cabinet. Some of the clothes from the wash/dry ended up on the floor, next to the commode, and will need to be washed again. It is evening time and they will be readying to bed down now. Later, I am upstairs in the living portion of my home with my parents. I am the age of a young adult. I go to my room – which becomes as the entry way to a barracks room door. I see some young GIs who I take to be derelicts going into the entryway that leads to my room. I ask them, ordering/demanding to know, what they are doing there? They say they are just going to the bathroom. I see that there “is” a bathroom entry next to my room entry. Next, it is morning and I am instructing a young male child (in a regimented fashion) to sit still and eat all of his breakfast meal I am then preparing to dress. I go to the front closet in the hallway of my childhood home. It’s not a walk-in closet. It is only large enough for one person to stand part-way in. As I am getting something from the closet, I find that my father is right behind me and my mother is just to the side of him. They are so close that I feel very cramped/crammed/crowded into the closet. My arms are raised to get a coat off of a hanger and I threaten my father with my right elbow, indicating that I will smash him with it, as I say something to the effect of, “get the fuck away from me!” I am in the bedroom of my youth, dressing in military uniform. I am wrapping (I think) not one but two elastic bands around my soft cap (the camouflage, baseball styled cap with visor). These bands (one of them) are what is normally placed over the camouflage cover of the Kevlar helmet to keep it pulled taut and secure. Next, I am walking down the street, as if in a residential area of the city where I grew. There is a large display of military forces gathered. President Reagen has just given a speech. It is Reagan, but he appears more youthful than he actually was when in office for his second term (when I did actually enlist in the Army). As he walks by me to depart the area, he says to me, “Hello, Dear One.” I give him a relaxed salute.

Seems I've a "basement" full of soldiers going for the wash as they ready to bed down for rest.

My military persona was one that made me feel safe from the vulnerabilities I knew as a child.

I think the dream shows that on a level of my psyche I am still concerned of being "invaded" by my father -showing, again, that the root of my trouble/rage with the masculine rests in my early experiences.

The first thing that came to me as I recorded the end piece of this dream with President Ronald Reagen is that during his second tenure, I was stationed in Europe (my first assignment). That period of time, saw the "End of the Cold War" ... one of the events his term in office is marked for.

When I woke to record this dream, I felt (mostly) only acceptance. A lot of inner peace and comfort, despite its details.

Embrace

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Ks

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Cold War

I don't know how relevant this is, Embrace, but Elphaba, the wicked witch from "Wicked" was in charge of the army of flying monkeys. They were her soldiers. The way you talked to them in the dream would be how the wicked witch talked to the flying monkeys in the "Wizard of Oz".

The dream scene also feels like a breather between battles. Battles that may well be projections from your inner father, that can only be projected onto other objects that have a hook that accepts the projection. I hope that made sence!

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi, Stephen:

I'm still maping this out.

The Elphie piece doesn't quite "ring" for me.

The interaction with the largest lot of the soldiers who I take to be of "my company" (in the basement) was one of accomodation for their stay. The exchange there is positive and helpful. I assist their needs. A washing needs to be done, before rest. Briefly, my unconscious IS performing a washing operation with this large force of masculine energy.

If I take that first scene as the introduction of the dream/problem/task, the washing is key.

I move away from that scene, into the next, which shows me "what" needs to be brought to light, to be cleansed/released.

It is only the few, too near to home (too near an intimate [bed/room] proximity to me) that I projected negatively onto. But these guys didn't bite the bait. There was no hook for the projection to hold. My dream ego "saw" this.

I need to own this, hence:

I see that the young child (me) is (was) defensenless to my projection - of not sitting still enough, straight enough, not getting to the business of eating his breakfast meal - etc. This, ofcourse, is a reflection of the inner parent, being overly demanding on the child. The child just can't "get it right" in the eyes of this parent aspect - who is a regimented, disciplinarian.

My father was a military man in his early adult years and he ruled my childhood home with an iron fist. Dad rarely had to speak, his powerful psychic projection of his demands was more than enough to get a message across to us kids - and keep us sitting straight in our chairs, so to speak. So, definately inner father stuff that I am fighting with - as the next scene shows.

I'm seeing the closet as telling me what is in "storage" - my rage over the effects that dad's parenting had on me: one, learning a fear of men, as already shown; and two, feeling awfully condensed (placed into a box/square closet) by the demands and projections he placed on the young child and developing woman I of me.

While stuff is not yet "done" there, when I dressed in uniform, I did not put a kevlar helmet on. It was as though I tried to, because I had the bands for the kevlar helmet, but no kevlar. I have only a soft cap to place on - and the bands fall right over my "soft" cap. So, I feel the dream is showing that what is needed/happening, is that a softer position (thinking/view) is underway.

When I go outside, this "Commander in Chief" is there to meet me and refers to me as "Dear One," not "Soldier," not "Sergeant." This is not what I expected. My dream ego sees a "new" Reagan - as if showing a transformation taking place inside of me. I can't even manage a sharp, snappy, crisp salute (and I was very good at drill and dress in years past).

Things are softening, letting loose.

Embrace

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

So my question to you Ebrace, is how much of your interpretation is NEW to you - like a big surprise - an "ah-ha" moment?

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Stephen, It's not easy for me to answer that question, right now - as I've been in a very deep space with much emotion ... feeling the most important thing to do is pour love into that me who had such a need to fight for her safety/protection, who did develop such a hard armoring. Elphaba (the witch) is not new to me. Medusa has already come to my dreams, more than once. I can't say that I have had an "aha" moment, for I woke from this dream very sober in seeing "me" and have remained rather so. I only know more healing and change is in order. There was one spontaneous thought/feeling that came to me after I wrote what I did this morning - and that was one of the lines from Defying Gravity... I don't remember them exactly, now, but she spoke of not playing by the rules of someone else's game. It was my father's game I didn't want to play. Too many details to go into, here.

BUT, this moment, I am celebrating a reunion of love I had with one of my brothers this evening (and meeting his lovely daughter and wife), after nine years of not seeing him. So, for now, I'm spending time in this tenderness, this happiness.

Embrace

Embrace

Ahhhwww, Shucks! Yeah, the witch and her minion monkeys DOES fit in here!

Last night brought a beautifully healing dream sequence.

I want to share that after the dream of the Golden Dog, I had a dream that told of how I (and my siblings) were treated like dogs as children – referring here to those pet owners who treat their animals as pieces of property - as an object to be kicked and put under foot; an object for the projection of their anger and aggression - really, against their own soul and instinctual nature. We could say my siblings and I were some like the monkey minions of the Wicked Witch. Hence, the internal parenting. And when I viewed the clip of Defying Gravity on YouTube, it was the “look” on Ephalba’s face and seen in her eyes when she says that it is the Wizard who should be afraid of her, as she tells of that something that has changed within her ... that is the feeling that was so very familiar to me. While I’ve not yet read the story, as I understand it, it was because Ephalba refused to accept the Wizard’s Animal suppression policy that she wanted to defy the “gravity” (with a little bit of creativity and imagination, we could interpret the word gravity in more than one context that would be fitting, here, such as the seriousness…) of the situation? …of suppressing our instinctual (animal)/human nature – a turning away from body and soul (which the patriarchy has created in our world). The poem of mine I mentioned is entitled “Adorned.” This witch of my poem, however, is more a messenger of a loving Earth Mother that visited my dreamscape as a young child than is she a wicked witch. Nonetheless, they are one in the same, right? Opposite ends of the same pole.

Filled with electricity in silent shouts,
"Things are not what were hoped for ~
They are not what were expected to be!"

When She came into a young girl’s heart
Bearing streams of lightning
To re-ignite the spark that to play was Her part

"Great mercy, breathless hollers ~
So much strife!"

A want to go away
"But no, it is not to be as you now may..."

"You have a treasure!
You have this precious life!

All things are not as they seem...

Though our name is Love
We have many faces
You will someday see"

So, for now, “Fly, Fly, Fly!”
Heaven’s prayer for her was heard...
“Like an eagle, high up in the sky”

Leaving trails of stardust for which to follow
And away She went
Leading her into the morrow

Come to fill Her dear Child’s need
She restored her to Godspeed

Embrace

Hi Embrace,

What a lovely, moving, heart-felt poem. Thank you for sharing it and allowing me to feel it.

Your excerpt from the "Wicked" story is correct, but there is a mature aged woman who is helping the wizard to insitigate this genocide. You may not know it, but Elphaba wasn't wicked. It was how the society perceived her in the play, but as an audience member, or observer, we know different.

The book that the musical is based on is freely available through any bookstore. It is the same title and written by Gregory Maguire. I got my copy at the theatre.

As I have said before, amplifications don't provide an interpretation to a dream, but they add depth to it. Sort of fills in some of the holes.

I truly hope that you and Rose help each other out. Talk to each other on a real level, not to provide insight, but just to talk with each other.

I sense completeness of a task, and just like Dorothy you are now on your way along the yellow brick road.

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen. Maguire's book is on its way to me. I look forward to reading it.

Embrace

stats from 7-14-10 to the present