Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crazy dream

There's a dream which Ive remembered for years and years and I'd really like to know what it means :)

I start off in my first school look out over the rooftops then I see a seagull (bird) flying towards me. Everyone's looking to the sky, completely still. A flying saucer comes into view then the scene changes.
Im sat on a chair suspended over space, everyone else is there and we're positioned in a circle looking towards the centre of the floor of the ship. We can see everything outside the ship from where we are sat. I look out and see a round planet with huge peak sticking out (like long straight fingers) surrounded by a purple mist. I feel very lonely and sad and then the dream ended.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15, England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Crazy dream

Cara,
OK. Such a dream for a young person would be difficult to determine since the mind of a young person dwells more on every day events. But a guess is being in the ship of the flying saucer may actually be the mind of a child substituting the ship for school {I start off in my first school}. If you substitute 'school' where you see ship or flying saucer then perhaps it may give some meaning to the dream. For instance:

everyone else is there and we're positioned in a circle looking towards the centre of the floor of the ship

This could very well represent an ordinary day in school where the children are situated in a circle looking toward the center {where the teacher or object of interest would be}.

The interest of a child's mind is more geared toward the imagination and dreams will reflect that. The hugh round planet may represent the outside world from school. The symbols would represent something from recent child activities, something that left an impression, that force their way into their dreams.

Now if this were the dream of an older adult, say 45, then I would look at it as a dream addressing the inner space of the dreamer {inner space meaning looking inward at one's psychological self}. Circles and round planets would symbolize a desire or need to find wholeness....definition of a circle from Dream Dictionary...The circle symbolizes perfection, completeness and wholeness.

There is loneliness in the adult dreamer's life {surrounded by a purple mist}. Why is there loneliness? Because of the mist which would symbolize not being able to see clearly what would provide the wholeness, perfection in the dreamer' life.

Flying saucer often represent 'looking for something outside oneself', looking for that mystery of what life is. When we get older our focus is more on meaning of life and less on the future of what life holds for us {as a child would be focused on}.

Your dream is more like an adults dream and may actually be using archetypes {universal images everybody possesses, albeit unconscious}. That isn't necessarily unusual because a child's mind {and pre-teen's} has the use of the imagination. Exactly what your dream means would depend a lot on what was taking place in your life when you had the dream {as with all dreams}.

This may a bit difficult to understand but dreams are often difficult to understand. Especially someone your age and younger {usually it is much easier to interpret an older person's dream}.

If you want to save this image right click on your mouse and click on 'Save Picture'.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Crazy dream

Thanks very much ^__^

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15, England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present