Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
buying a house

Wow must be too much cheese I am eating before I go to sleep at night cause I have never in my life dreamed so much lol!!!
This dream is about my ex-husband calling me up when I lived in Massachusetts and telling me that if I come back to New York, he will buy me a little cute house to live in; but there is a catch!!!
The catch is that he had purchased awhile back this horrible looking animal that is half monkey and half dog..and it has patches of matted hair all over it.
He keeps the *thing* as I call it..locked up in a cage.
His desire is to get rid of this thing so he is trying to bribe me and he says he will buy me this small home if I take the "terror"
I said, "what? no way in hell!!!
I will stay here in my apartment and forget about your offer of the house because I am in no shape or manner taking that creature from hell to live with me...this is when the dream ended and I woke up...what could this possible mean???

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 flushing new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: buying a house

Connie,

I have just one thing to pass on to you. "Get that monkey off your back".

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hey Stephen....Explain yourself please!!!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

"Having a monkey on one's back" is an idiom, connie. Def. have a burdomesome problem, be dependant on drugs informal [i/], sense 2 is Mao US Slang: it can also refer to withdrawal symptoms.

I had to look these up as I wasn't really aware of its meaning. All I know is that it was the saying that you were to be made aware of. But as you can see there are references to your affliction.

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hello Stephen....I really have to laugh because my health (back problem) has nothing to do with me
having these dreams.
Oh, I see..you may think it is medication right?
Well..for your information I get trigger point shots because I DO NOT want to take pain pills.
They are the ruination of evil.
So....what do you have to say now?

Hi Connie,

I can tell when it is not working. I'll stop here. Sorry to have annoyed you.

Stephen

Connie,
Have there been recent thoughts of your past, going back to how it was {living in Mass. and returning to NY}? If there are not reconciliation thoughts your ex-husband may be metaphor for your own masculine self. The 'creature from hell' and the terror may have been what your past life with your ex was and a more developed masculine self {yours} will not return to such conditions. No longer will you be 'caged' in such emotional surroundings.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

That could be the 'monkey on your back' that Stephen spoke of.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Hello Gerard! I believe Stephen was talking about drugs...meds from the dr. for my condition cause he did say,"Monkey on your back"
Gerard when I was married we lived in New York...then I left to go live with Bob cause we (my ex husband and me) were in the process of getting a divorce.
Bob was the abuser...that's why after awhile I saw he was not going to change. All my dreams recently have to do with my kids, ex husband, ex boyfriend in Mass...so I think about all these people everyday and that is why I believe I am dreaming like this.
The monkey dog is something else...he is the creature from hell that my ex husband wanted to bribe me with...Here you take this creature and I will buy you your cute little house...and that was the dream...

stats from 7-14-10 to the present