Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cats, rats, mice and a party in the basement

Just a little background--I live in an a farm area and have 2 cats Lady and Wizard. Wizard goes out and the day before brought me a squirrel and Lady doesn't go out but catches a mouse once in awhile being they do get in the house and Lady brought me one last week.

OK the dream--and this whole dream I was lucid during the whole dream

I was feeding the cats and Wizard came in with a rat--he put it down next to his bowl it was still barely alive--when I went to get it he wouldn't give it up
The guy I am dating was there and Wizard wouldn't give the rat up at all everytime we went to get it he would just put his mouth back on it--he didn't get nasty just protective

Then we wound up in the basment with alot of ppl having a party--they were going to stay over not my basement but it was partly finished--as we were headed to the stairs we turned around as saw a wll covered with mice climbing up the wall scurring to get out the ones under the other ones were holding onto the tails of the ones closer to the top--it looked like when you see rats or mice scurring in a movie--and they were headed to the top and undeer the header going out---we than ran upstairs and I said oh my God we need to get an exterminator

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54 NJ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: cats, rats, mice and a party in the basement

FYI
when I was thinking about the dream a little bit more here are some feelings and thoughts that were involved

My first thought when I saw the rat was that it was an awfully large mouse and then in mind said that it must be a rat--it was gray in color--similiar to the squirrel that my cat had delivered to me only no squirrel tail had a long thin tail like a mouse and not as hairy as a squirrel--The cag wasn't protecting it it was keeping it to play with they way they do with the mice they catch

The other was when I saw all the mice scuring up the wall was that of ughhhy wanting to get as far away as possible and hoping that they would hurry and leave and that the ppl that were at the party didn't see them

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Peggy,
My sense is there is some part of you that doesn't want to give up something, or perhaps unconsciously you are protecting yourself from something. Basements often represent the unconscious. Rats could be those disgusting things in life you reject, and the mice climbing the walls little rats trying to get out, the need to make unconscious contents conscious {acknowledging those unconscious things}. But if they do there is a fear it will ruin your seemingly happy life. But for good health {mental} you will have to get rid of these vermin, thus the cry for an 'exterminator', to get rid of those unconscious 'things'.

Is there something gnawing away at you? Perhaps to do with your boyfriend?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

there is an issue from the past that does creep in--and i know it needs to be settled

Peggy,
I appreciate your follow-up post. Perhaps we have discovered what is mentally {upstairs} unfinished {partly finished} and needs resolution.

Examine that issue further. Like many 'pests' you it may take exterminating to get rid of the emotional impact.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Peggy,

Thank you for sharing your dream. There was a definite pattern in the dream that can be summed up with the following words.

Predator
Cat and Mouse games
Rat

The only other person you mentioned in your post was a guy you are dating.

Sometimes the psyche uses images that relate to a specific word. If the word is "rat" it uses that image, so why would psyche call a person a "rat"?

So is the dream commenting on your relationship with this man? As a compensation, maybe your attitude to this man is too trusting and psyche is bringing it down a peg or two, or for you to bring out the "exterminator" in yourself, or a wish to get someone else to fix this problem for you.

So I feel you need to reflect on this relationship you have with this guy. I am sorry if you think you have a great relationship with him. It's just what I see/think/feel/intuit with the dream. I sould be totally wrong and it's something about me!

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present