Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grim Reaper

I also had a more recent dream that is very disturbing to me. I am in a house I do not recognize. For some reason I am obsessed with not going to sleep. I'm afraid something will get me if I go to sleep...but I don't remember what. Then, randomly throughout the night, a huge, probably 7 foot tall black hooded figure that resembles the grim reaper appears. I see him, and he glides towards me. He comes in contact with me, and tries to push be backwards into the wall behind me. I try to push him back, but he is too strong. He disappears each time, but 3 or 4 times I see him come around the corner and he tries to push me backwards again. The last time, he comes from a doorway and walks towards me. I build up some courage and say, "It's not about the whole story, but every little piece of the story!". I close my eyes, and yell that over and over again, hoping he will disappear. I add, "The first, the second, the third...every little piece!". He disappears for good, and I wake up. ?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Missouri

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Grim Reaper

Morgan,
Again, this dream is probably confronting your emotional state of being due to your parents divorce. The grim reaper in your dream is probably symbolic of the divorce, it is what is pushing you backwards. In part the reaper may represent you dad also if he, your dad, is seen as the person pushing the most {as opposed to your mother}. The pieces of the story, your life as you go through this divorce, is what it is all about. Your dreams are about your emotions, and that is what this all about. You may have a need to convince yourself of that. In doing so it may be important to talk to someone about your emotional state of mind. Letting the emotions out, talking to someone who will listen is the best therapy. Are you close to your mother? Find someone you trust, preferably and adult, and talk about the divorce. It will help, just by letting it out, I promise you that.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Morgan,

I am mindful of your age and the psychological pattern that I get a feeling for in your dream. Do you know "Phantom of the Opera"? It's a modern day adaptation of a particular Greek myth, which goes back many thousands of years. I won't go into which one, but there are things you can do to get through what may be a difficult time for you. Sit down and decide what it is that YOU want in particular situations and be committed to that decision. In short, decide what you want and be 100% ok with it and don't be afraid of telling relevant pepole about it.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard-Host,
That makes a lot of sense, thank you. And I recently talked to my friend about my parents, and it helped me a lot. again, thank you!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Missouri

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present