Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
explosion & death

Hi everyone,

I had this disturbing dream four days ago. It woke me up at 2am, and I couldn't fall asleep right away after it.
This is what happened: My boyfriend comes to pick me up, along with my brother and father in a car, because we knew some sort of an explosion would occur, and we would be in danger. I don't know why but my mother stayed in our house, she didn't come along.
We started driving away, but later we drove back to our family house because there was no explosion, we thought we were safe. My mum is still in our house.
We get home, (my dad, me and brother) and my boyfriend drives away. Once we get home the explosions start. Loud, and huge, in a number of locations, I can see clouds of orange and yellow. Wiping out streets and homes. Then an explosion hits our house, I feel scared. We huddle close to each other in despair, we can see danger, and death coming. We huddle on the floor, holding each other. I feel the explosion, i start to feel my body to disintegrate, I start feeling lifeless, i start not feeling my own body anymore.
Perhaps I see my body as particles of blue or grey- a disintegrating body. I think that the explosion may have been an atomic bomb? I wanke up, scared, it felt so real. What does this mean about my family, about me, about my boyfriend. Please help.

The next few nights, I dream of a very tall man, my father dying, and closing windows shut because I, and my family are afraid someone will come and harm us.

thank you

Magdalena

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: explosion & death

Hi Magdalena,

Thank you for sharing your dream. I have a few questions for you to think about.

What in your real life experience is like an explosion that results in a physiological response?

When you discover what that is, then think about how your brother and father would relate to it. What are they doing in the dream?

The house in the dream...what stage of your life did it play a part in?

In the dream, there is a sense of immanence, the result of which is something that you fear. Maybe an inability to "let go".

This is getting quite personal, so don't feel that you need to respond, I feel the dream is commenting on the thing that an explosion symbolises. Your part in it with your boyfriend and the relationship between no explosions with your brother and father (what they symbolise) and then having an explosion when mother, father, brother and you are together (meaning balance).

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Stephen.

to me explosions in my life revolve around my relationship with mother and boyfriend, my fears and my crying-which is almost like a panic attack.
Between my mother, this is when we argue, or disagree, this is when she disapproves of my boyfriend who she thinks is too old (11 years) and who she thinks doesn't suit me, although when he comes to my house, she's nice enough to him and tells me he's a nice person, but not good enough for me. I and my mother have been dealing with this since I met my boyfriend which is 6 years ago. Lately, I have been feeling that I would really like for her to approve of him, it would make me so happy, for her to be happy for me, and see it as something good. Because she doesn't approve there are times when I really think about what she says and doubt our relationship.
Now between my boyfriend, the explosions relate when I sometimes think we don't feel the same about each other, I think I give more emotionally. But many women feel like that don't they? He says I'm the world to him - I think I believe that, I just sometimes think actions and words don't match up. These explosions are when I see it hard to communicate with him and can't face arguments, but start crying. I feel powerless.
Now my father silently agrees with my mum, he's not outspoken, mum is more dominant when it comes to speaking, my brother is also on my mum's side, I relate to him less than I did when we were teenagers.

I am not sure about what the house meant.

I thought that perhaps the dream was telling me to save myself and listen to what I feel inside, yet at the end something makes me go back to the family house. Usually in my dreams mum is more active, and dominant part, yet here at the beginning her absence made her different and symbolic.
If I stay with my family will I symbolically die? Or is it showing or telling me to bond with my family?
What is the dream saying?

thank you
M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi MAgdalena,

The dream is making a comment on a situation, which you can either accept or refuse. It's not a holy oracle. It is what it is.

I think you will find that your boyfriend has some traits that are a part of your mother's shadow. For example she may be diligent and he may be careless. She may be aggressive and he may be passive. Some people call it a personality clash.

Parents always want what's best for there children. The problem is defining "best". What is best for one person is not best for another. It's all about perceptions and expectations and the only way to work through it is to challenge them, verbally. So when your mother next says that your boyfriend is not good enough for you ask her to explain why she said that so you can understand her point of view. Try to get her to be very specific and factual.

Now, notice in the dream there is no dialogue? It's like you sense these things are happening to you. To be of the "senses" is to validate reality. We know something is real by its touch, smell, taste, sound and sight. It's the dialogue that is missing and I feel this is what the dream is commenting on.

My wife and I have been married for 21 years and it has only been in the last couple of years that we have learnt to really communicate with each other. So don;t be too hard on yourself that you can't really communicate with your boyfriend after 6 years.

Magdalena - there are no accidents. This situation has occurred for a reason. All you have to do is try to understand why. Maybe you mother see too much of her husband in your boyfriend and what she is really commenting on is her own marriage.

In our modern world you would think that everyone is considered equal, but alas, you must fight for equality.

If this realtionship with your boyfriend is a mistake, then it is a mistake you experience with all the emotions. No one can take that away from you.

I like the line out of the movie "Evan Almighty" when God says to Evan's wife, "Do you think that when people pray for courage that I just give it to them, or do you think I give them an opportunity to exhibit courage?"

If you feel ok with sharing, what sort of things do you find difficult communicating with your boyfrind?

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present