Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Water dreams

Many times in my life I have had dreams of the ocean, once I was w/ my best friend from high school driving my car in the ocean, w/ no fear, other times I am trying to get across the crashing waves to the other side. I always have these dreams when I am going into a new phase of life. Last night, in my dream,my ex took me on vacation,there i found out he was still w/ his wife. I was so angry, he left to "get his head together." A friends sister came into the room w/ her own key and I asked her what she was doing and she said she lived there w/ P and he paid her 10 thousand of dollars a month to be w/ him. I was so confused, she was so casual, not surprised to see me there,made her self right at "home", l left the hotel, and found a friend on the beach and a huge wave came out of no where, I was sucked into the ocean and was way beyond the shore line, I had all my clothes on, as the next huge wave came in I knew I'd go under but was sure it would bring me closer to to the shore, I woke up just as the next huge wave pulled me... i dream every night and have found this site very helpful, I feel the need to connect w/ other dreamers. thanks... Pia

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no post before, follow up would be helpful

Re: Water dreams

Hi Pia,
I will take a good look at your dream later today after I return from a few errands. I wanted to give a brief comment about your location {Pacifica, Ca} since it is the location of the Joseph Campbell & Marija Gimbutas Library. If you give some time to reading my pages at Myths-Dreams-Symbols you will notice the attention I have given to Campbell, he being my mentor in my quest for spiritual enlightenment and the primer for my exploration of Jungian psychology. I hope to one day visit the library as well as your beautiful state.
Until later today.
twat twam asi,

Gerard {Jerry}

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Pia,
Typical to have such dreams when going through transitions in life, especially if your soul fits comfortably your waking persona and has charge in that relationship {ego submitting to soul}. I sense that is the case with you and I see the dream speaking to that when you describe yourself as driving my car in the ocean, w/ no fear. The ocean often symbolizes the deep unconscious. When you are not afraid of your path the waters are calm, there are natural helping hands to guide you. This is a product of the soul, exemplified by your actions in your human skin. Very much an indication of the spiritual path and/or a deep creative Self.

On the other hand life, or better yet, society does all it can to detach us from that soul identity and causes us to cling to material worth and emotional baggage which in turn causes inner, emotional conflicts. That would be represented in your dream by the trying to get across the crashing waves to the other side. It is the social dragon that makes you deviate from your path and to access the other shore you have to slay quite a few social dragons, whether you want to engage them or not. Especially in this day and time.

Joseph Campbell describes Nirvana
"as a psychological state of being where you are indifferent to fear, desire and social duty".
Few people can get past social duty and have little chance of conquering fear and desire.

It is very often social duty that causes the 'crashing rocks', especially for someone who is aware of the spiritual path and the call to it. I sense strongly this has been a priority in your life, probably starting at the time these dreams began, or earlier. I also sense a strong creative aspect. Someone who dreams of the ocean quite often is either in touch with those natural creative instincts or is swimming in the abyss, ready to drown under their own emotional weight.

The best friend. Unless there was a remarkable relationship there the friend probably symbolizes your own best parts, you are your best friend.

As to this dream. It seems to be more of a 'crashing against the rocks' dream. The first thought is whether there are conflicts in your actual waking life involving your ex. Or are past experiences with him that are again resurfacing? If not, or even if so and minor, the dream is probably using him as a metaphor as an animus figure. The anger would at yourself for not 'not having your head together'. The masculine self, your 'strong' masculine self is on vacation, not being utilized as it should. Thus the anger at yourself.

But again, if there are actual waking issues involving your ex, the anger could also could be directed at him. The dream will often address two 'masculine' aspects using the same symbols. This is a staple Jungian principle in dreams.

As to the friend's sister. Often it is hard to determine whether a figure in a dream is addressing an actual waking life person or is using the 'feminine' as a metaphor for another part of yourself. Since the person is not named my first inclination is to accept the second premise. That part of you has the key that probably can resolve the whole matter.
Living with that side of you that is lacking {masculine} seems to be where the conflicts stems from. This may have corrupted part that feminine identity {perhaps to do with creativity and/or spiritual concerns}.

The $10,000 paid out. Has there been recent experiences where choosing between the path of being your true Self, most likely to do with the creative and/or {both aspects come from the same zone} and possibly compromising your values and doing something for, god-forbid, ' money'? Could that be the inner anger in your dream? It is so easy to give into the social dragon {'she was so causal', made her self right at "home"}, it attacks you from every direction,confusing you in the attempt to stay the path.

Crashing waves descend upon you, the deep unconscious lashes out. Being sucked in by the dragon, that is beyond the shore line of being that true Self. Because your basic principles have been compromised there is anger at yourself. You have your clothes on {ego/persona}. That is what may have brought you to this emotional conflict.

But there is good news. You woke up before 'the next huge wave pulled' you under. The decision isn't irreversible, you can prevent it from happening again. At least that is what I read from that last part of the dream.

I may be way off base here in my assessment but I am not often wrong. I am not tooting my own horn- it is Jungian psyche that provides the insights and a strong intuitive sense that helps see within the dream. I may be touching on the periphery of what the dream is trying to address. It may involve actual persons in your waking life but my sense is it is more about the inner person and less about actual people.

Does it fit somewhere? I don't normally provide as deep insights to my thinking {again intuitive} but your dream stands out for some reason. Even before I did my Google search. Perhaps the name Pia touched an inner cord within my psyche. That seems to be happening a lot of recent.

One last thought about your ocean dreams. If I am correct you have lived by the ocean for some time, spend a lot of time with it. That may influence your dreams. But I do believe you possess a deep inner ocean and your dreams are addressing those issues.

A lot to digest here so take your time in doing so. let me know what you think and perhaps we will gain further insights into the deep depths before the next wave comes rolling in .

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Lions and tigers and bears... Oh my, thanks for the validation of what I really feel. A lot to digest. The path I have been on is full of challenges, and I am at the crossroads, What the world demands of me and what I want to do... I have always been sensitive but have allowed "social" restrictions that have held me back from believing that I can just go for it. Freedom most important... Creative, yes, empathic, and love the ocean but have much respect for the power, the source.. and connection, protection. Wow I need to look deeper before I respond further.... Pia

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no post before, follow up would be helpful

stats from 7-14-10 to the present