Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Digging

I dreamed I was digging up a plant to move to another

location. I was amazed for it was a ball of lots of

roots and dirt but tightly bound within like a celtic

knot were white snakes with cobalt blue chinese

decorative patterns. They started scattering so I

was telling people they would be everywhere. The

snakes were almost lite from within...a brite white.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 missouri

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Digging

Ana,
If you will look at the plant as an aspect of yourself, some aspect that has to do with personal growth, you may be able to associate it with your waking life. The roots would be your roots, the dirt the soil fro which you arose and grow. Snakes often symbolize transformation {loose their skin and regrow new skin}>. The scattering of the snakes everywhere may indicate a desire that the influence from the transformation affects your whole life.
Are you currently thinking about are actively engaged with a new form of creativity or some other aspect related to personal growth?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Ana,

IN addition to what Gerard wrote I looked at the drea from the 'doing' (masculine) aspect. There are probably three reasons why someone would dig up a plant,
1. Move it so that it looks better in the garden.
2. Move it so that it does better (more/less sun).
3. Propigate the plant - multiplying the plant by dividing it.

My sense is that it is the latter, which is reflected in the multiplying snakes.

Now the image that came to me was that the root ball with snakes was a "mandala". A snapshot of your soul. The word "regeneration" which works for both the plant and the snake. The cycle of death and rebirth. So if the roots obtain the nutrients from the soil that is transformed into an energy that provides growth in the plant, then the dream may be commenting on how the mandala is the transforming principle. So if you are the plant then your own transformed energy is derived from your soul (mandala). The other thing is that the roots/mandala are underground, with a couple of roots appearing above the surface. This could mean that the transforming energy is derived from the unconscious, although a small part of it is conscious. You can't control it as it is like a bunch of snakes that dispurse into the countryside, it spreads. Go forth and multiply. The regenerative force of nature, which is symbolised by the phallus, simmilar to the snake, hey.

But in the dream you bring the whole plant into the light, roots and all. In order for the plant to survive you need to put it back into the ground. That part is missing from the dream. If I was you I would buy/get a plant, that can be divided and plant it somewhere where you can nurture it.

It has been reported that when some people have near death experiences that they know everything all in an instant - what was, is and to be. Sort of like if the whole mandala was brought into consciousness, into the light. I'm not suggesting that you had a near death experience, but just mentioning it to reinforce the need to put the root ball back in the soil.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thank you Gerard and Stephen! I will add some comments later. I really appreciate your site. Very
good insights...very good.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 missouri

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present