Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frustration (sexual content)

Jumps around and I only remember a few things:
S is a female friend, M is a male

Sitting in a resturant with friends but for some reason me and S are sitting at a table that sits higher than everyone elses. We all order food. Everyone's food comes way before mine and I am annoyed even tho for some reason I am eating a steak that I am griping in my hand like you would a chocolate bar.

Next I am in M's bedroom. It is very small and the bed takes up the whole room. We are about to have sex and he asks me "I feel something prickly. Is it just from not shaving or are you dirty and caught something?" I felt hurt. I stated to him that he is the only person I have been having sex with. Next I am about to give him oral sex but then my gum gets stuck to his penis. We attempt to kiss and do other sexual things but it is just awkward.

Next me and S are at my house and she opens my window wide and my cat jumps out. I go running out of the house in a panic to try and find him.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes I have

Re: Frustration (sexual content)

Brandi,
Since you gave warning about sexual content and much of the symbols in your dream could be related to sexual aspects, let's look at the dream as if it is addressing those attitudes. Vivid sexual dreams are often the result of sexual thoughts or experience.
{Freud is in the room}.

Sitting at a higher table in a restaurant my represent seeking emotional nourishment from your higher self. S would represent an aspect of your own psyche, she perhaps having attained something in life you would like to possess. You may feel everyone has obtained certain 'things' in life that you have yet to do. It could be related to sexual attitudes {steak, or meat, and gripping in your hand like a chocolate bar}.

Of course bedrooms could represent sexual aspects. Especially if a person is obsessed with sex {bed takes up whole room}. And the word prick...ly. Is sexual language common speech for you?
Is oral sex something that this brought up often in your sexual life {oral, as in talking about sex}? Is there an obsession by one or the other participants in your relationship?

Do you and S talk about sexual things often {opens my window wide?}. We know what cats are often referred as {part of the feminine anatomy}. If the subject is brought up {sex} do you often go after it?

This would address ant sexual aspects from the dream. If you answer the questions I asked in my interpretation then the possibilities of it addressing sexual aspects would be very good. Either way it makes for interesting reading even if Freud is absent from the possibilities.
Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can discover further insights to the dream. I would look at S and see what possibilities lay there as to my proposals. If it is not about sex then something related to her would be the next best possibility.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

VEry interesting Gerard I wasn't really looking at it that way. S is a very close friend of mine. She has aquired some things in life I have yet to, but the people sitting at the lower table all have recently had things happen in their lives that I look forward to. For example, purchasing first homes, marriage, children.

I am currently in a very sexual relationship with M. It has been going on for a year now. We do use sexual language at times. I wouldn't say either one of us is obsessed with oral but we both enjoy it. The thing that confuses me a bit about this part is why in my dream it seemed like everything was going wrong during our encounter? I have been wishing for more out of the relationship recently so maybe that?

And yes me and S do talk about sex alot, and we talk about my relationship with M alot.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes I have

Brandi,
Many thanks for the follow-up response. Your dream and response provide further insights to the language of dreams {metaphor & symbols}. Although there are Freudian palm prints all over the dream, it still remains a matter of understanding the language of dreams that provides us with the ability to interpret them. And that understanding is a direct result of Jungian psyche.

Your follow-up question "The thing that confuses me a bit about this part is why in my dream it seemed like everything was going wrong during our encounter?"

I do believe you answered that question yourself:

"I have been wishing for more out of the relationship recently so maybe that?" That aspect of the dream, and relationship, has been 'wrong', pointing to the deeper desire {your true desire} for the relationship to advance.

The other 'sexual things' are probably not about sex at all but your desire and '"wish for more' from the relationship.

Thanks again for your dream and follow-up. Such dreams can be entertaining {"there is a bit of Freud in all of us} but most of all your dreams points to how sex can be addressed in dreams. It is a part of the emotional aspects in a relationship. And because dreams do point out our true feelings and emotions the language can be literal and at the same time metaphorical. Your dream shows us that to be true.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present